2-day Itinerary to Hershey, PA in Summer 2022
Guide to maximize a visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth
With the summer season heating up, now is the perfect time to plan a trip to Hershey, PA! From exquisite dining and resorts to a thrilling amusement park and even concerts, there are endless opportunities to explore and have fun while visiting The Sweetest Place On Earth. We developed a 2-day itinerary to help you prepare for your trip in advance and ensure that you have a seamless and stress-free experience when you arrive.
Here are a few quick tips before we dive into the day-by-day suggestions of things to do:
- Save on your Hersheypark tickets by purchasing in advance online
- Discount offers are only available online. Tickets are full price in person.
- Stay at one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark to enjoy a variety of FREE Resort Benefits like the best price on Hersheypark tickets, free shuttle service to and from Hersheypark, and extra hours at Hersheypark
- Also, make sure to save some time to enjoy recreation on property, including swimming pools, family-friendly resort activities and more.
- Book a treatment in advance at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey or MeltSpa by Hershey for the ultimate relaxation as summer availability is limited.
- Purchase tickets for The Hershey Story or Hershey Gardens
- Guests of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark receive free or discounted admission at check-in.
- If you’re interested in any of the Hershey’s Chocolate World indoor attractions, purchase a ticket online ahead of time.
- Check the Hershey Entertainment schedule for any events, shows or concerts at Hersheypark Stadium, GIANT Center or Hershey Theatre.
You can’t begin your day without a good breakfast!
- If you stay at The Hotel Hershey, The Circular offers breakfast daily from 7-10:30 a.m. The Belgian Kiss Waffles are a yummy staple while visiting Hershey, as they have a Hershey’s Kisses shape in the center.
- If you stay at Hershey Lodge, head to Fire & Grain for breakfast, offered daily from 7-11 a.m. either as a buffet or a la carte menu based on availability. A la carte dishes range from fabulous French Toast with Hershey’s Chocolate Chips to a Smoked Salmon Platter or even some Steel Cut Oatmeal.
After finishing your breakfast, head to your appointment at MeltSpa by Hershey day spa for some relaxation right in the heart of downtown Hershey. The exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate treatments are some of our guests’ favorites. Plus, check out the new Summer Strawberry Collection, featuring a body scrub, immersion, manicure and pedicure.
Following your morning spa getaway, visit Hershey’s Chocolate World to take the famous Hershey’s Chocolate Tour, Create Your Own Candy Bar and stock up on your favorite Hershey’s candies! Don’t forget to make your attraction reservations online.
If you find yourself having more time in your afternoon to explore The Sweetest Place On Earth:
- Head over to The Hershey Story to learn more about Milton S. Hershey and the history of the town. There is also a Chocolate Lab where you can create your own chocolate creation.
- For lunch, visit Houlihan’s down the street from MeltSpa. Check out this story on the top five menu items at Houlihan’s.
To wrap up your day, visit Hersheypark for the last two hours (or three hours if you’re staying at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark) to enjoy a free preview included with your ticket. You can get in a few coaster rides before your full-day visit the next day. Remember to bring your ticket as you will still need to be scanned for entry.
Need a dinner option that is convenient to the Park?
- The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio is located in the Hershey’s Chocolatetown region of Hersheypark outside of the front entrance. You do not need a Hersheypark ticket to dine there.
- The Chocolatier serves up family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate from an open kitchen. The menu features all things from shareables to salads, and even big plates like Cocoa-Dusted Beef Short Ribs and Heath Bar Crusted Salmon.
- Here are 10 items to try at The Chocolatier.
Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made in advance on our website.
Rise and shine, it’s time for a day at Hersheypark!
- For a quick but scrumptious breakfast option on your way, stop by the Cocoa Beanery at Hershey Lodge for some rich coffee and other yummy eats.
- For our guests at The Hotel Hershey, Chef’s Market is a similar grab-and-go option.
Hersheypark opens at 11 a.m. to the general public, but resort guests and Full and King Size Season Pass Holders have access to Sweet Start, which allows them to enter the Park an hour early to enjoy some of our attractions with shorter wait times.
To all the coaster fanatics out there, we recommend heading straight to one of our 15 mild to wild coasters right when you enter the Park.
- For the thrill-seekers, Candymonium is our tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster located right at the front of the Park in the Hershey’s Chocolatetown region.
- Skyrush is another of our iconic coasters that turns 10 years old this year.
- New for this year, Jolly Rancher Remix is a reimagined boomerang coaster that sends riders forward and backward on the same flavorful track and includes a tunnel blasting with randomized Jolly Rancher flavors, different music and lights!
- Families can enjoy our newest family ride, Mix’d Flavored by Jolly Rancher. The ride is a great option for our smaller thrill-seekers as it spins 360 degrees and mixes in lifts and drops while dodging other riders.
Don’t forget that Hersheypark tickets include three parks in one with the rides, ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park and The Boardwalk. From the 200 animals in our zoo to the 11 acres of water rides at our water park, there are endless things to experience during your visit to Hersheypark!
- Please note that ZooAmerica is only included with a Hersheypark ticket by accessing the zoo through the Hersheypark bridge during posted Park hours. In advance of your visit, we suggest downloading the Hersheypark app and checking the hours for the zoo and the water park, as they may differ from the Park.
If you get hungry heading into the late afternoon, there are plenty of in-Park dining options to choose from.
- For a refreshing and healthy food option that is allergy-friendly, Oola Bowls can be found at Kissing Tower Hill and at The Boardwalk! The Great Bear Bowl is a must-try that is inspired by our coaster.
- For all things barbecue, Spring Creek Smokehouse has everything from brisket and pulled pork to mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.
- Mobile ordering is also available for our guests to get their food efficiently during their busy day at the Park.
Before you leave the Park, make sure you stop by HP Collections or Hersheypark Supply Co. to pick up some exclusive merchandise to commemorate your trip to The Sweetest Place On Earth!
We hope this itinerary of suggestions throughout Hershey, PA helps you enjoy all of the one-of-a-kind attractions The Sweetest Place On Earth has to offer. Don’t wait any longer to book your trip - visit us today!