10 Insider Tips for Visiting Hersheypark In The Dark
How to Maximize Your Visit to Hersheypark This Weekend
Two weekends of Hersheypark In The Dark remain for families to enjoy some Halloween fun with coaster rides, trick-or-treating, zoo visits, sweet treats and more.
If you are planning a visit to Hersheypark this weekend or next (we’re open Fridays-Sundays through Nov. 1), check out these 10 insider tips for maximizing your trip.
- Candymonium Plaza at Night
- Candymonium Night Rides
- Skyrush During Hersheypark In The Dark
- Hersheypark In The Dark Fahrenheit
- Laff Trakk during Halloween
- Ferris Wheel at Night
- Wave Swinger During Hersheypark In The Dark
- Kisses Fountain Orange 2.jpg
- Hersheypark In The Dark Characters and Guests in Costumes
- Treatville Photo Spot
- Treatville - The Candy Cabana
- Treatville - Shoreline Spiders
- Treatville - The Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkin King Size Shake 2020 Shakes
- Pumpkin King Size Donut 2020
1. Make an advanced reservation early
Every guest with Hersheypark In The Dark tickets or group tickets is required to make an advanced reservation for a specific visit date to help us implement recommended state and federal safety guidelines. We recommend making an advanced reservation as soon as you know the date you would like to visit. To make an advanced reservation, click here.
Please note that due to high demand, only a limited number of advanced reservations are available for this Saturday, 10/24. Season Pass Holders, guests of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark, guests visiting for preview, and anyone with existing dated reservations already have their space secured.
Our friends next door at Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction are hosting sweet, yet safe Halloween happenings and new Hershey's Factory Workshops on weekends through Nov. 1. Plus, guests can take the free chocolate tour ride, shop for candy and other gifts, and purchase spooky limited-edition treats.
Face coverings and a free timed entry pass are required to enter the building and for activities. You can book a free timed entry pass here. If you have questions about your reservation, please contact Chocolate World directly.
2. Consider Friday or Sunday
While weather plays a factor in families visiting, Fridays and Sundays of Hersheypark In The Dark tend to be less busy than Saturdays. If you are able to visit one of those days, you may enjoy shorter wait times on some of your favorite roller coasters. Hersheypark is open on Fridays from 5-9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 2-9 p.m.
3. Take advantage of free preview for extra fun
Did you know that a sweet sneak peek is included with every ticket? You can present your ticket at the main entrance 1.5 hours before closing the night before your visit (note operating hours) and enjoy a fun-filled evening! Resorts Preview is 2.5 hours before closing. Learn more here.
4. Plan a fun costume (that follows our policies)
We invite guests 12 and under to enjoy a Trick or Treat Trail with 13 candy stops. The trail begins at Hershey’s Chocolate World with 3 candy stops and winds to a new Treatville location in The Boardwalk At Hersheypark with 10 themed stops. Costumes are encouraged but not required to receive candy. We appreciate our guests following our costume policy at Hersheypark as detailed below.
- All guests over the age of 2 are required to wear face coverings. Guests are not permitted to wear costume masks.
- Modest dress is expected of all guests. Revealing or offensive clothes (in regards to language, gestures or suggestive art) are not considered appropriate.
- Costumes must not contain weapons that resemble or could be mistaken for real weapons.
- Costumes may not reach or drag the ground as they could be a trip hazard.
- Adults are not permitted to paint their faces.
- Adults can wear costumes.
- Hersheypark reserves the right to enforce this policy with all guests and to have guests remove any costumes or costume components that pose safety concerns.
5. Trick-or-treating is available all hours of operation
The Trick or Treat Trail is open during all hours of operation for children 12 and under to collect candy from 13 stops. We encourage you to consider trick-or-treating at the beginning of your visit to avoid longer lines later in the evening.
Please note that the 3 candy stops at Hershey’s Chocolate World open at 2 p.m.
- Hershey's Chocolate World Stop 1
- Hershey's Chocolate World Stop 2
- Trick-or-Treat at Hershey's Chocolate World
- Treatville Entrance
- Stop 1 - The Candy Cabana
- Stop 2 - Shoreline Spiders
- Stop 3 - The Pumpkin Patch
- Stop 4 - I Scream Shop
- Stop 5 - Scarecrow Salon
- Stop 6 - The Cat Corner
- Stop 7 - Potionology
- Stop 8 - Bats In The Belfry
- Stop 9 - Salem Broomworks
- Stop 10 - A Ghostly Goodnight
- Treatville - Photo Spot
6. Download the Hersheypark App
We encourage you to download and use the Hersheypark app to help plan your visit. The app provides an up-to-date listing of open rides and wait times, Hershey character appearances, open food and beverage locations, mobile ordering and more.
7. Buy items online in advance
We offer Add-Ons like Fast Track, Meal and Drink Deals, a Games Value Pack, and more to help our guests save time and money. You can purchase these Add-Ons online in advance of your visit. Learn more here. You can also order food in advance and pre-pay at participating locations with mobile ordering through the Hersheypark app.
8. Head to the back of the Park first
We know how excited our guests are to experience our all-new region of Hershey’s Chocolatetown this fall. But if you’re looking to beat the crowds, we suggest heading to the back of the Park first to enjoy rides like Lightning Racer, Laff Trakk (which is dark throughout daily operations), Ferris Wheel, Wild Mouse and more. Then, you can end your night in Hershey’s Chocolatetown with night rides on Candymonium.
9. Bring a flashlight for a nighttime zoo tour
The Halloween season is the only time of year ZooAmerica is open after dark for an exploration into the nighttime habits of the nocturnal North American animals. We encourage you to bring a flashlight for a nighttime tour during the Creatures Of The Night attraction. Activities run from 6-8 p.m. and include an animal encounter near the pronghorn exhibit, a short program with live animals on the stage at Timber Treats, and a live striped skunk display on the patio. Creatures Of The Night is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark In The Dark when entered from inside the Park.
- Creatures Of The Night
- Pumpkins at ZooAmerica
- Animal Encounter during Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
- Skunk During Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
- Scatty Shack during Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
- Educational Session during Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
- Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
- ZooAmerica_Gray Wolf_2022
10. Review our safety enhancements
Your safety will always be our top priority. We have implemented a variety of safety enhancements to keep our guests happy and healthy. Please read through our Guest Information & Responsibilities to learn how you can prepare for a fun and safe experience at Hersheypark. We appreciate your partnership and patience during your visit!