What to Know Before You Go To Hersheypark This Summer
Frequently Asked Questions for Your Summer 2020 Visit
We're so excited to welcome guests back to Hersheypark this summer! As this is an unprecedented time, we know that guests may have questions as they plan their visit to Hersheypark. We wanted to share some of the most common questions we have received from our guests to help you prepare for a fun and safe experience.
What do I need to do to prepare for my visit?
- Buy in advance: We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets and add-ons online or in the Hersheypark App in advance of your visit to reduce face-to-face purchase transactions. You can check availability here before you buy a ticket to Hersheypark. Click here to see which days are available.
- Make a reservation: All guests with summer tickets must reserve a date for their visit. Click here to make, modify, or cancel a reservation before your visit. Season Pass Holders do not need to make reservations, effective July 6. We will automatically reserve daily capacity for our Season Pass Holder family and guests of the Official Resorts of Hersheypark to provide the flexibility to visit whenever they choose.
- Download app: The official Hersheypark app is packed with helpful tools, including maps and contactless options, to help you plan your visit and maximize your day. The app will also detail ride availability and wait times during your visit.
- Pack smart: Guests are permitted to bring a small bag or backpack to Hersheypark. We recommend packing it with sunscreen and water. Each guest is allowed one sealed water bottle, but our team will also provide free cups of water at most dining locations. Learn more about what to pack for a day at the theme park here.
What are the safety enhancements upon arrival?
- Wear a face covering or face shield: Per the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in accordance with an Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, face coverings are required for all guests over the age of 2 and team members at this time except while dining and on certain attractions. If you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, our alternative accommodation is to bring and wear a face shield during your visit. Please note that face shields are not permitted on certain attractions, and guests will have to switch to a face covering for those experiences.
- Temperature screening: Guests should be prepared to undergo a temperature screening with a contactless, infrared thermometer prior to entering Hersheypark. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to enter.
- Bag check: All guests with bags will still be required to go through bag check.
- Social distancing: We will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage, ground markings, and redesigned guest spaces. Please stand 6 feet apart from other guests.
The safety of our guests and team members is our top priority. Click here for more information on how we plan to be ready for you.
Where do I need to wear a face covering?
Per the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in accordance with an Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, face coverings are required for all guests over the age of 2 and team members at this time except while dining and on water attractions. Please note that face coverings are required while purchasing food, browsing retail shops, standing in ride queue lines and when walking around the Park.
Guests will not be required to wear face coverings while in the water or on water attractions in The Boardwalk At Hersheypark. All guests over the age of 2 will be required to wear a face covering while indoors in public areas of The Boardwalk, and outdoors when physical distancing from others outside your travel party is difficult.
If you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, our alternative accommodation is to bring and wear a face shield during your visit. Please note that face shields are not permitted on certain attractions, and guests will have to switch to a face covering for those experiences.
We have two designated relaxation areas where guests may sit down out of the sun while taking some time to sip a drink or eat some food.
What should I expect on rides?
- Ride sanitization: Our coasters, rides and queue lines are treated on a weekly basis with an antimicrobial solution that is effective for seven days to kill viruses, mold, fungus and bacteria on contact.
- Hand sanitizer: Guests are asked to use hand sanitizer before entering the queue/waiting area or before boarding attractions. We have 300 hand sanitation stations available to guests, including at the exit of all attractions.
- Cleanliness: Highly touched ride surfaces, including handrails, arm rests, restraints, lap bars, grips, seatbelts, over-the-shoulder harnesses, etc. will be frequently sanitized.
- Queue lines: We will implement alternative ride queuing methods where possible to manage capacity and facilitate social distancing. Queue lines will allow for proper social distancing by marking the ground to denote the appropriate 6 feet of social distance between guests.
- Social distancing while riding: Guests are reminded to practice social distancing and only sit in the same row as people from their travel party. Ride seating will be adjusted to comply with social distancing requirements, which could include seating every other ride vehicle or limiting capacity.
What will be open?
- Rides: We’re excited to offer our guests a wide range of experiences from family rides and thrilling coasters to The Boardwalk At Hersheypark and ZooAmerica. Ride availability depends on a variety of factors including maintenance, weather, training, and the impact of COVID on operations this year. While not every ride might be open given the impact of COVID on operations, our team works tirelessly to ensure a diverse mix of thrill and family rides are always available. Please download and refer to the Official Hersheypark app for a real-time listing of attraction and food availability.
- Entertainment: To encourage social distancing, we have cancelled indoor live shows and strolling performers for the summer operating season. We plan to offer the outdoor aquatheatre seal and sea lion show in accordance with social distancing and enhanced cleaning protocols. Guests can get their pictures taken with some of their favorite characters from a social distance. Characters will make appearances near the Carrousel in Hershey's Chocolatetown and outside of the Music Box Theatre.
- Games: Games will be available with social distancing and enhanced sanitation measures in place. More information about our game protocols is available here.
How will my reusable cup work?
At this time, team members will give guests a disposable cup to use at refill stations to avoid direct contact. Season Pass Holders can pick up their cups at the new Ticketing building located in Tram Circle. If the line is long at Ticketing, please note that you can scan your Pass at any Fast-Fill or food location to receive a disposable cup.
Where do I go for assistance?
Our new Ticketing building in Tram Circle is a one-stop-shop for admission tickets, Season Passes, add-ons, and gift cards. Plus, guests can pick-up Will Call items during the summer operating season.
Please note that enrolling in our Rider Accessibility Program takes place at Guest Services located through the front gate directly on the right-hand side. Our team at this location can also assist with general information, Season Passes, dining and drink deals, Fast Track, game books and Hersheypark gift cards. We have two other Guest Services locations inside Hersheypark - one near Playdome Arcade and another on Kissing Tower Hill. If you need further assistance after your visit, please email Hersheypark@HersheyPA.com.
We launched the new Season Pass Holder Self-Service Account earlier this year to allow Season Pass Holders to access their digital Season Pass, link their family’s Passes, purchase add-ons, redeem in-Park coupons, update account information, and more. King Size and Full Size Pass Holders can purchase discounted tickets through the account, as well.
The Bring-A-Friend ticket will also be in your account for use this summer. If you’re a King Size Pass Holder, you will also need to create an account to redeem your welcome bag and free drink plan. Bite Size Pass Holders will need to purchase their parking through the account to receive their 50% discount.
Still have questions? Check out this article with helpful information about the Self-Service Account and Reservation System.
Season Pass Requests
If you have requested any change to your Season Pass, it will be handled only via email at Hersheypark@HersheyPA.com. We have added additional staff to help process the thousands of questions received over the past month during this unprecedented time.