Top 5 Things to Do at ZooAmerica Creatures Of The Night 2023
Two Weekends Left to Explore the Zoo in Hershey After Dark
There are only two more weekends left to visit ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park after dark for Creatures Of The Night. The popular Halloween-themed event in Hershey, Pa., will take place on Oct. 20-22 and 27-29 from 6-9 p.m. Not only is the Zoo decorated for the season, but there are special activities included in admission that you cannot experience any other time of the year.
If you are planning to visit Creatures Of The Night, check out this guide of the top five things to do, weather permitting.
1. Explore the Zoo by flashlight
Creatures Of The Night is the only time that ZooAmerica is open to the public after dark for an exploration into the nighttime habits of the nocturnal North American animals. Guests of all ages are encouraged to bring their own flashlights for optimal viewing of the outdoor habitats. It's a fun and unique way to see the animal activity that only happens after the sun sets!
2. Visit special displays
Themed displays are set up throughout the Zoo for guests to get an up-close look at some animals and learn about their survival.
- Inside the Woodlands Classroom, creepy crawler invertebrates are on display. Guests can see millipedes, cockraoches, mealworms, hornworms and more.
- Outside on the Woodlands Patio, visitors can learn about the diverse skeletal systems of the animals through a skull display. Plus, guests can get an up-close look at a skunk and ask questions of Zoo staff.
- Across from the prairie dog habitat is a recycled treasures display decorated by the ZooAmerica team.
3. Decorate a luminary
Guests should bring their curiosity AND creativity to the Zoo after dark! There is an arts and crafts station set up in front of the American Elk habitat in the Big Sky Country region for guests to decorate their own luminary. Supplies will be provided. Throughout the evening, Zoo staff will place the decorated luminaries in the prairie dog habitat to light up the night.
Don't forget to snap a photo of your artwork and tag us on Facebook and Instagram at @ZooAmerica using #CreaturesOfTheNight!
4. Go on a magic potion scavenger hunt
Guests can participate in a scavenger hunt around the Zoo to find the magical potion ingredients for the cauldron on the Woodlands Patio. The ingredients are hidden in animal habitats and buildings.
5. Watch an animal enrichment activity
Guests can see an animal enrichment activity at 7 p.m. on each operating night of Creatures Of The Night.
- Friday night: Bobcat enrichment
- Saturday night: Gray wolf enrichment
- Sunday night: Southwest animal enrichment, including a ringtail, ocelot, coati and armadillo
Plus, Zoo staff will be at the Gray Wolf habitat to answer guest questions.
Creatures Of The Night is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark Halloween only when accessing the Zoo from the bridge inside Hersheypark during posted Park hours. Separate admission, starting at $13 plus taxes and fees, is also available online or at the ZooAmerica admissions building for guests who plan to attend just Creatures Of The Night.