Friday the 13th Marks Opening of ZooAmerica Creatures Of The Night
Explore the Zoo After Dark by Flashlight on Halloween Weekends from Oct. 13-29
The popular Creatures Of The Night event at ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park returns Oct. 13 and runs three weekends on Fridays through Sundays from 6-9 p.m. through Oct. 29. The Halloween-themed after-hours experience is the only time of year the Zoo is open after dark to explore the nighttime habits of the nocturnal North American animals.
Check out this guide of activities and educational displays for the whole family during Creatures Of The Night, weather permitting.
Flashlight Tour of the Zoo
During Creatures Of The Night, guests of all ages can explore the Zoo by flashlight under the cover of night. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own flashlights for optimal viewing of the outdoor habitats. There is no better way to see the wild and fascinating animal activity that only happens after the sun sets.
Animal Enrichment Activities
Guests can watch an animal enrichment activity at 7 p.m. on each operating night of Creatures Of The Night.
- Friday night: Bobcat enrichment
- Saturday night: Gray wolf enrichment
- Sunday night: Southwest animal enrichment, including a ringtail, ocelot, coati and armadillo
Decorating a Luminary
Guests should bring their curiosity and creativity to the zoo after dark! Families can help light up the night by decorating luminary bags for a display in the prairie dog habitat. Supplies will be provided!
Magic Potion Scavenger Hunt
Guests can participate in a scavenger hunt around the Zoo to find the magical potion ingredients for the cauldron hidden in animal habitats and buildings.
Themed displays will be set up throughout the Zoo for guests to get an up-close look at some animals and learn about their survival.
- Inside the Woodlands Classroom, creepy crawler invertebrates will be on display. Guests can see tarantulas, cockroaches, walking sticks, scorpions, mealworms and superworms.
- Outside on the Woodlands Patio, visitors can learn about the diverse skeletal systems of the animals through a skull display.
- Across from the prairie dog habitat is a recycled treasures display decorated by the ZooAmerica team.
Creatures Of The Night is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark Halloween only when accessing the Zoo from the bridge inside Hersheypark during posted Park hours. Separate admission, starting at $13 plus taxes and fees, is also available online or at the ZooAmerica admissions building for guests who plan to attend just Creatures Of The Night.
If you can’t make it to Creatures Of The Night, there are still plenty of opportunities to visit ZooAmerica with daily operations this fall.