Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights Now Open
Hersheypark Debuts Four Haunted Houses and Three Scare Zones
It’s officially Halloween season in Hershey!
Hersheypark amusement park today kicks off its Hersheypark Halloween family-friendly event for seven weekends through Oct. 30 - more weekends than ever.
New this year, Hersheypark debuts its largest investment to date for a seasonal event with Dark Nights frightfully immersive haunt experience. Dark Nights spreads its shadows over the Hersheypark landscape every evening during Hersheypark Halloween with four spine-tingling haunted houses and three scare zones as part of integrated thrill experiences guests can only find at Hersheypark.
Hersheypark Halloween will open more weekends than ever before for seven weekends from Sept. 17 through Oct. 30, 2022. Starting Sept. 17, hours for the event are 2-10 p.m. on Saturdays and 2-9 p.m. on Sundays. Hersheypark Halloween is also open on Fridays from 5-10 p.m. beginning Oct. 14.
Families can enjoy thrills on 50 rides and attractions (weather permitting), lights-out coaster rides, Treatville trick-or-treat trail, Character Glow Dance Parties and the original Creatures Of The Night flashlight tour at ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park (starting Oct. 14).
New for 2022, guests with a general admission ticket can also get a taste of the terrors of Dark Nights as midways transform from enchanting to unnerving with three scare zones - Darkstone’s Hollow, Valley of Fear and Midway of Misery. Check out the Hersheypark Halloween Guide for Families for more details on the family-friendly experiences and alternate routes to avoid the scare zones.
- Hersheypark In The Dark Characters
- Hershey's Chocolatetown during Hersheypark In The Dark
- Candymonium in Fall
- Skyrush Night Ride
- Hersheypark In The Dark - Fahrenheit
- Red Ferris Wheel for Dark Nights at Hersheypark
- Wave Swinger During Hersheypark In The Dark
- Hershey Character Glow Dance Party
- Hersheypark 2021_Girl in Kisses Costume
- Treatville 2021 3 (2)
- Creatures Of The Night
- Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
As an expansion of Hersheypark Halloween, Dark Nights runs from 6-11 p.m. on Saturdays (and Fridays starting Oct 14) and 6-10 p.m. on Sundays. During Dark Nights, once-familiar spaces mutate into chilling explorations of the unknown with four spine-tingling haunted houses, including:
- Haunted Coal Mine (located in Trailblazer Catering): For too long, unsettling cries of miners lost in these coal shafts have tormented the living. Take a daring trek through the abandoned mines, which suddenly becomes an explosive encounter.
- The Descent (located outside Laff Trakk): Who prowls the dark underground tunnels beneath Hersheypark? Follow her into the depths of decay where the only way out is down…
- Creature Chaos (located in the Amphitheatre): Join Professor Darkstone as he pits you against Pennsylvania’s most fearful and deadly creatures. Don’t worry, they’re in their cages…for now.
- Twisted Darkness (located outside Laff Trakk): Dare to have your tarot read by our twisted fortune teller and be forced into a never-ending carnival of nightmares. Was it real or was it all in your mind?
Dark Nights haunted house attractions contain loud sounds, low lighting, special effects and sudden movements. Some aspects of the experience may be too intense for children younger than 13. Parental discretion and guidance are advised. Check out the Know Before You Go Guide to Dark Nights.
New Food and Retail Offerings
From crab and corn fritters with a cocktail sauce syringe to eyeball cake pops, the limited-time festive eats and irresistible treats exclusively for Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights that are worth the trip alone this Halloween season. Check out our 2022 Hersheypark Halloween Food Guide of must-try items to feed fears and quench frights.
Dark Nights will also feature event-exclusive branded merchandise at Dark Nights Emporium, Halloween BOOtique and Hersheypark Supply Co. Stay tuned for a retail guide coming soon.
- Hersheypark Halloween & Dark Nights King Size Milkshakes
- Hersheypark Halloween Corn and Crab Fritters
- Hersheypark Halloween Toxic Mac and Cheese with Hot Dog and Drink
- Hersheypark Halloween Spring Creek Smokehouse Sandwich
- Hersheypark Halloween King Size Donut
- Hersheypark Halloween Milton's Ice Cream Parlor Specialty Item
- Dark Nights Limited Time Offerings to Come
- Dark Nights Retail
A general admission ticket to Hersheypark Halloween is required for entry throughout the fall season. Dark Nights haunted houses access is not included with a general Hersheypark admission ticket and must be purchased separately or as part of a bundle. Guests can get to the fear faster with Dark Nights Fast Track program, available to ensure unlimited access to the four new haunted houses on the date of visit.
Great ticket deals are available on Hersheypark.com.