Know Before You Go Guide to Dark Nights 2022 at Hersheypark
Info, tips and FAQs about Dark Nights immersive haunt experience
Fear is near at Hersheypark this Halloween season! The all-new Dark Nights frightfully immersive haunt experience spreads its shadows over the Hersheypark landscape every evening during the seven weekends of Hersheypark Halloween.
Dark Nights debuts on Saturday, Sept. 17, and runs through Oct. 30, with four spine-tingling haunted houses and three scare zones as part of integrated thrill experiences guests can only find in Hersheypark. The four-acre expansion represents the largest investment in a seasonal event to date.
Here is a guide to everything that scare fans should know before they go to Dark Nights… if they dare.
Dark Nights runs from 6-11 p.m. on Saturdays (and Fridays beginning Oct. 14) and 6-10 p.m. on Sundays. Guests must enter before the closing of Hersheypark Halloween to gain access to Dark Nights House Attractions.
During Dark Nights, once-familiar spaces mutate into chilling explorations of the unknown with four spine-tingling haunted houses.
- Haunted Coal Mine (located in Trailblazer Catering): For too long, unsettling cries of miners lost in these coal shafts have tormented the living. Take a daring trek through the abandoned mines, which suddenly becomes an explosive encounter.
- The Descent (located outside Laff Trakk): Who prowls the dark underground tunnels beneath Hersheypark? Follow her into the depths of decay where the only way out is down…
- Creature Chaos (located in the Amphitheatre): Join Professor Darkstone as he pits you against Pennsylvania’s most fearful and deadly creatures. Don’t worry, they’re in their cages…for now.
- Twisted Darkness (located outside Laff Trakk): Dare to have your tarot read by our twisted fortune teller and be forced into a never-ending carnival of nightmares. Was it real or was it all in your mind?
Dark Nights haunted house attractions contain loud sounds, low lighting, special effects and sudden movements. Some aspects of the experience may be too intense for children younger than 13. Parental discretion and guidance are advised.
Also part of Dark Nights, midways transform from enchanting to unnerving with three scare zones, eerie to intense, included with a general admission ticket to Hersheypark Halloween. The scare zones are the perfect prelude to the four haunted houses.
- Darkstone’s Hollow (located in The Hollow): Wander among Professor Darkstone’s showmen boasting his array of mythical creatures. Beyond the mesmerizing imagery, there’s more to the show than meets the eye.
- Valley of Fear (located along the Spring Creek path toward Trailblazer Catering): Don’t find yourself alone in the murky mists along Spring Creek. The dreadful beings are watching and waiting deep within the shadows, and they know exactly when to strike.
- Midway of Misery (located outside of Laff Trakk): Flames burst into the skies as guests are summoned through a sinister gateway into the darkest corner of Hersheypark…where no one can find you.
But, fret not! Younger ghosts and goblins can easily bypass these areas as desired. For example, guests can get to sooperdooperLooper by avoiding Darkstone’s Hollow via the Skyrush path, and enjoy the attractions in the Kissing Tower Hill area by using the high bridge past the Aquatheatre. Wild Mouse and Laff Trakk are accessible without entering Midway of Misery, but please note that attractions like Ferris Wheel, Music Express and Lightning Racer can only be accessed by walking through that scare zone after 6 p.m.
A Hersheypark general admission ticket or 2022 Season Pass is required to enter Hersheypark Halloween and includes access to the three scare zones. However, the Dark Nights haunted houses are not included with a general Hersheypark admission ticket and must be purchased separately or as part of a bundle.
Guests are encouraged to purchase the Dark Nights add-on in advance on Hersheypark.com to guarantee availability as tickets are limited. They can also purchase the add-on in person at Ticketing Services if availability remains for the date of the visit. Guests will have to choose a specific date for the Dark Nights add-on. If they need to change their visit date, please contact Guest Services at 717-534-3900.
2022 Season Pass Holders must purchase a Dark Nights add-on to enjoy the four new haunted house experiences with a discounted ticket option in the Self-Service Account. Full Size and King Size Season Pass Holders who want unlimited access to Dark Nights throughout Hersheypark Halloween can purchase the 2022 Dark Nights All-Season Add-On to their Season Pass.
An HPGO wristband is required for entry to participating Dark Nights haunted houses for each day of use. HPGO kiosks are available throughout Hersheypark. Follow these five easy steps to get one.
- Purchase your Dark Nights add-on and check your email for confirmation.
- Upon entry to Hersheypark, visit the HPGO Plus Building or any of the 20 HPGO kiosks throughout Hersheypark. We recommend downloading the Hersheypark app to find exact locations.
- Scan your Dark Nights voucher at the HPGO kiosk to redeem your wristband. Season Pass Holders will need to redeem a new HPGO wristband for each day of use by scanning their Season Pass at an HPGO kiosk.
- Put the wristband on your wrist and head to one of the four Dark Nights haunted houses starting at 6 p.m.
- Tap your wristband at the entrance of each haunted house attraction and let the terror begin.
Dark Nights Fast Track program is also available to ensure guests can get to the fear faster with unlimited access to the four new haunted houses as often as they dare on the date of their visit. Fast Track pricing varies by day and can be viewed here.
Food and Drinks
The Hersheypark Food and Beverage team is mixing up some limited-tine, festive eats and irresistible treats exclusively for Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights. Visitors can indulge in a crab and corn fritter creation with a cocktail sauce syringe, sip on a signature Cranberry and Fireball concoction to warm the insides, and savor an award-winning King Size Shake topped with Insta-worthy baked goods.
Dark Nights features event-exclusive branded merchandise at Dark Nights Emporium, Halloween BOOtique and Hersheypark Supply Co. Stay tuned for a retail guide coming soon.
All guests must have a Dark Nights add-on ticket to enter each house. An Accessibility Program is available for Dark Nights as detailed here.
Guests utilizing an electric mobility device must transfer to a manual wheelchair (provided by the Park prior to entering the queue line) for the following Dark Nights attractions: Haunted Coal Mine, The Descent and Twisted Darkness.
Only those guests with qualifying accommodation needs (and up to three participating companions) will be able to access the Dark Nights haunted house attractions through the designated accessible entrances if they are enrolled in the Attractions Accessibility Program and have an Attraction Boarding Pass. Guests who are not currently enrolled in the Program and do not have a valid Boarding Pass must enroll at Accessibility Services located at Ticketing Services outside the main gate or any Guest Services location.
Guests using the designated accessible entrances for the Dark Nights haunted house attractions will need to show the attendant their Boarding Pass. The guest will be provided the Dark Nights Accessibility Information and Reservation Tracker and receive an assigned Reservation time for the attraction that corresponds to the current wait time of the standard entrance/queue line at the attraction. Guests may only obtain one Reservation at a time.
Hersheypark is known as Hersheypark Halloween from Sept. 17 through Oct. 30, with everything guests have come to know and love about the spin on the season, including 50 rides, lights-out coaster rides, trick-or-treating, a Character Glow Dance Party and more.
Guests interested in visiting Hersheypark this fall will need to purchase a general admission Halloween ticket.