Thrill Guide to Dark Nights 2023 at Hersheypark
Top Frights All Day and Night During Halloween at Largest Amusement Park in PA
If you love hair-raising thrills and blood-curdling frights, especially during Halloween, then Dark Nights at Hersheypark has to be at the top of your to-do list this fall. The immersive haunt experience runs for seven weekends from Sept. 15 through Oct. 29 as part of the Hersheypark Halloween seasonal event. The darkness sweeps over Hersheypark each operating night beginning at 6 p.m., with thrills lurking around every corner both day and night. An incredible value, Dark Nights is included with a Hersheypark Halloween ticket this season.
Check out this guide to what's new and terrifying this season waiting to scare you like never before at the largest amusement park in Pennsylvania.
Feel the rush on more than a dozen high-thrill rides
Many people may not realize that nearly all of the rides and roller coasters at Hersheypark, except for the water attractions, remain open for the Halloween season, weather and maintenance permitting. Of the more than 50 rides included with admission during Hersheypark Halloween, 15 are given a high-thrill or aggressive-thrill rating, so there is no shortage of screams to be had. For guests who crave the ultimate intensity, we recommend hitting up Skyrush, Fahrenheit, Great Bear and Storm Runner for a last ride before they close before the holidays.
Get revenge on the first hybrid coaster at Hersheypark
This is the first Halloween for the new Wildcat’s Revenge hybrid coaster that opened this summer at Hersheypark to rave reviews. If you haven’t had a chance to experience the best of wood and steel with the World’s Largest Underflip and other one-of-a-kind thrills, you have seven weekends to do so.
Take a coaster ride in complete darkness
The Halloween season is the ONLY time of year that thrill seekers can experience a dark ride on some of their favorite roller coasters. During the last hour of operation each evening, the lights are turned off on Wildcat’s Revenge, Candymonium, Comet and Lightning Racer to create a ride experience unlike any other. Plus, the indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster is completely dark during all operating hours. Trust us when we say riding a coaster at white-knuckle speed in the pitch dark is not for the faint of heart.
Scream your way through five haunted houses
An incredible value, a Hersheypark Halloween ticket also includes access to five haunted houses throughout Hersheypark for the haunt enthusiasts in the family. The terrifying tales guests thought they knew are turning the page with new chapters.
- Auntie Mortem’s Abattoir (New for 2023) - Ethel Mortem, known as Auntie to the community, is a second-generation meat processor running the family business with the help of her sinister nieces and nephews. Trucks keep coming to feed the machine, but the bones tell a more sinister story. Farm to table has never been more gruesome when Auntie is planning the menu.
- Haunted Coal Mine: Curse Of The Tommyknockers - It's not only the past miners that haunt these shafts but the evil Tommyknockers who must protect their gold by any means necessary. You escaped their mines once before, but will you be so lucky this time? The fear doesn’t come from where you’re trapped but who you’re trapped with.
- Creatures Uncaged - Professor Darkstone’s prized possessions now run the show. Retrace your steps through their lair but beware, more creatures are lurking in the shadows, and they are hungry for a new audience.
- The Descent: Catacombs Of Decay - The tunnels she once prowled are now hers to dwell in forever. Venture into the catacombs of decay to reveal what secrets remain buried in her past, present and future. But, be careful that you don't become part of her collection.
- Twisted Carnevil - The darkness of the tent was truly a never-ending carnevil of nightmares. The nightmare continues with venomous twists and turns that will hypnotize some and paralyze others.
Brave the three spine-tingling Scare Zones
Also part of Dark Nights, midways transform into three Scare Zones each evening.
- Fallout Zone (New for 2023) - Rogue radioactive material has begun to emit an eerie green fog. Crews are scrubbing the midway to isolate, contain, and neutralize any threats. You may avoid the fallout, but can you escape the madness from those within?
- Midway Of Misery - Misery loves company…the Decayed Brigade welcomes new sliders from the underworld with more corners to lurk in and ground to cover. Beware to those who flock to the flames: you never know who (or what) is waiting beyond the arch.
- Darkstone’s Hollow - Ousted from his own show, Darkstone is now caged for all to see and the showmen that hawked his traveling mythical collection now frantically seek shelter from the creatures that have claimed The Hollow as their own.
Scare your taste buds off with dreadfully delicious eats and desserts to die for
Guests can get a taste of some of the frightfully delicious food offerings available only during Dark Nights with the Dark Nights Tasting Pass. The Pass includes a choice of up to five specialty menu items from more than 35 food and beverage options throughout the Park, such as Toxic Mac & Cheese, Pulled Pork Sliders, Blood Orange Lemonade, Black Velvet Cake and more. The Tasting Pass is $34.99 plus tax and can be purchased online before a visit.
“Meat” the Monsters at the RIP Dinner Buffet
Hersheypark is rolling out the dead carpet with the all-you-care-to-eat RIP Dinner Buffet at Great Scare Catering, which includes eerie entrées, desserts to die for and more, while some monsters “meat” diners at their table. RIP Dinner Buffet guests receive a Single-Use Fast Track accepted at any of the five Dark Nights haunted houses and a Buy One Get One Hyperdeck Coupon, valid on the new Zombie-themed virtual reality game. The buffet is available on Fridays starting at 5 p.m. and Saturdays beginning at 4 p.m. Tickets are $44.99 plus tax and can be purchased online before a visit.
Grab a nocturnal nightcap at a haunted rooftop bar
Park-goers brave enough to look past the cobwebs and venture upstairs to Spirit’s Rooftop Bar at The Chocolatier high above Chocolatetown will find spirits both real and imagined. Guests ages 21 and older can sip on a variety of delicious, spell-binding concoctions - from smoking cocktails and octopus-inspired Bloody Marys to absinthe creations and libations that literally pop tableside - while gargoyles watch over their every move. The haunted rooftop bar is available during all Hersheypark Halloween operating days, starting at 5 p.m. on Fridays and 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. It can only be accessed from inside Hersheypark at a dedicated entrance near the Carrousel. Reservations are not accepted.
Save on tickets now
Hersheypark Halloween tickets include 50 rides (weather and maintenance permitting), five Dark Nights haunted houses, three Scare Zones, thrilling dark ride opportunities and Halloween entertainment.
Guests can save up to 40 percent on Halloween by selecting the date of their visit, with tickets starting at $49.99, or purchase an Anytime Ticket that can be used on any date during the season. Guests visiting during Hersheypark Halloween can use any previously purchased 2023 Hersheypark ticket with a listed expiration date of January 1, 2024.
Get to the thrills faster
Guests wishing to get to the thrills and fear faster and skip the lines during Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights can add a Fast Track program to their admission ticket. Limited quantities are available, so guests are encouraged to buy online today. Please note that Hersheypark admission tickets are sold separately and required for entry to Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights.
- Dark Nights Haunted House Fast Track - Skip the regular line once at each of the five haunted houses after 6 p.m.
- Dark Nights Haunted House Fast Track Unlimited - Skip the regular line all night long at the five haunted houses after 6 p.m.
- Hersheypark Fast Track + Dark Nights Haunted Houses - Skip the regular line once per day on participating coasters and rides, plus once at each of the five haunted houses after 6 p.m.
- Hersheypark Fast Track + Dark Nights Haunted Houses Unlimited - Skip the regular line all day long on participating coasters and rides, plus all night long at the five haunted houses after 6 p.m.
Dare to join?