Prepare for your 2020 Hersheypark Summer Visit
Checklist of Helpful Tips for Your Next Trip
We're excited to welcome you this summer and we want to best prepare you for a wonderful visit with us.
Earlier this month we shared what to know before you go to Hersheypark this summer and frequently asked questions on our new safety enhancements. Here are some additional tips and helpful information as you start your day off at the Park.
1. Purchase tickets and make a reservation
- Buy in advance: We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets and add-ons online (best price online!) or in the Hersheypark App in advance of your visit to reduce face-to-face purchase transactions. You can check availability before you buy a ticket to Hersheypark. Click here to see which days are available.
- Make a reservation: All guests with summer tickets must reserve a date for their visit. Click here to make, modify, or cancel a reservation before your visit. We will automatically reserve daily capacity for our Season Pass Holder family and guests of the Official Resorts of Hersheypark to provide the flexibility to visit whenever they choose so no action is needed on your part.
2. Bring a face covering (or two!)
- Wear a face covering or face shield: Per the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in accordance with an Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, face coverings are required for all guests over the age of 2 and team members at this time except while dining and on certain attractions.
- If you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, our alternative accommodation is to bring and wear a face shield during your visit. Please note that face shields are not permitted on certain attractions, and guests will have to switch to a face covering for those experiences.
- In need of a face covering: Purchase a face mask or shield at the Wheelchair Building in Tram Circle. Guests can also head to Hersheypark Supply Co. for some patterned face masks for purchase or pick up disposable masks at any Guest Services location throughout the Park if yours becomes lost or damaged.
3. Enter through our new arrival experience
- Temperature screening: Please put on your face covering as you exit your vehicle and head to our new entrance as face coverings must remain on and worn properly for entry. Guests will undergo a temperature screening with a contactless, infrared thermometer prior to entering Hersheypark. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4° or above will not be allowed to enter.
- Reservation check: The same security team member who checked your temperature will also check that you or at least one person in your party has a reservation to enter Hersheypark for the day. Please show your ticket or email confirmation and keep this information out until you get inside Hersheypark. You will scan your ticket for entry at the gate.
- Security check: All guests will go through our new frictionless walk-through metal detectors. If there's anything our team members want to see in your bag, they will ask you to step aside to check. Otherwise, we'll get you right to the fun!
- Ticket scanning: After getting through our security check, our team will now scan your tickets or passes before you enter into Hersheypark. After you are scanned in for the day, you can put your tickets or phone away to enjoy our Park! If you are planning to leave and come back, please make sure you have your admission ticket or pass with you to scan upon re-entry. Hand-stamps are no longer needed.
4. Follow our signage and partner with us for safety
- Social distancing: We have placed social distancing markers throughout every line in the Park so look down to ensure your travel party is standing at the right spot. Our team will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage, ground markings and redesigned guest spaces. Please stand 6 feet apart from other guests at all times.
- Face coverings: Please keep your face covering or face shield on at all times unless you are eating/drinking or riding one of our water attractions.
- Hand sanitizer: More than 300 Hand Sanitizer Stations have been added throughout Hersheypark, including entrances to attractions, food stands, games, retail and restrooms locations. See an empty hand sanitizer? Text your location and HPHELP to 69050.
- Stay healthy: Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizers inside the Park throughout your visit.
5. Enjoy your safe, fun day
- Mobile ordering: We have started mobile ordering at select dining locations so guests can order their food through the Hersheypark App for quick and easy service. If mobile ordering is available at that food location, it will be noted in the App.
- Ride sanitation: We take your safety seriously while riding so please keep your face covering on during each ride. Based on industry best practices, our rides have been treated with an antimicrobial solution that is effective for a week to kill viruses, mold, fungus and bacteria on contact. Any item requiring sanitization between guests will be sanitized more frequently.
- Relax in our shaded seated areas: Guests are able to enjoy food and beverage in two different shaded seating areas inside our Park. They are located at Wildcat Catering and Trailblazer Catering.
Your safety will always be our top priority and we have implemented many enhancements across Hersheypark to keep our guests happy and healthy. For questions during a visit, please head to any of our Guest Services locations located near the front gate or on Kissing Tower Hill.