One Sweet Minute: Things to do in Hershey, PA in May 2019
Hersheypark Opens for Summer Season!
- Hersheypark opens for its 112th summer season on Friday, May 3. The Park will be open weekends through May 19 and then daily from May 23 through Labor Day.
- Reese's Cupfusion, the all-new interactive gaming ride featuring the most targets in the world and six unique ways to play, opens May 25. The mission? Become an agent, protect the factory, and ensure the world is never deprived of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups under the guidance of Commander Cup, a new character introduced this year. Agents will activate targets to power the factory, stun intruders and work with fellow agents to unlock extra points. They can try to beat their score with every ride to become a Reese’s Legend in the Hall Of Fame!
- Also opening May 25 is The Boardwalk at Hersheypark, an 11-acre water park with more than 1 million gallons of water that is included with Hersheypark admission through September 2. Guests can make a splash on more than 16 water attractions, including the longest mat racing slide in the world, Whitecap Racer and our 14th coaster, Breakers Edge.
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, an 11-acre walk-through zoo featuring more than 200 animals, is also included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark when entered through the Park; hours vary.
Cheer on the Hershey Bears
- The Hershey Bears have made it to the second round of the Calder Cup Playoffs. Cheer them on as they compete against the Charlotte Checkers in their next two home games May 7 and 8 at Giant Center. Game time is 7 p.m. Let's Go Bears! Visit HersheyBears.com for more info.
Entertainment For All
- National Concert Week is back! From May 1-7, you can get $20 tickets to select shows this summer at Hersheypark Stadium and Giant Center. Grab yours before it's too late at ncw.livenation.com!
- Also this month, don't miss country star Alan Jackson at Giant Center on May 18 at 7:30 p.m.
Jazz On The Veranda
- The Hotel Hershey's summer concert series, Jazz On The Veranda, kicks off May 31! Spend the evening enjoying the musical stylings of the Ziggy Isaac Trio on the Hotel's veranda from 7-10 p.m. Relax by the fire pit, enjoy the fresh summer air and take in the view of The Sweetest Place On Earth, while sampling small plates and signature cocktails from a special menu.
Live On The Lawn
- Beginning May 23, guests of all ages are invited to enjoy live music, lawn games, a specialty grill menu and craft beer (for those 21+) every Thursday from 2:30-9 p.m. this summer at Cocoa Beanery on Research Boulevard. Don't forget your blankets and lawn chairs!
- This month's lineup includes:
- May 23: Mr. Music & The Little Brother Band (classic and contemporary hits)
- May 30: Name That Tune with DJ Slim (music and trivia)
Dining In Hershey
- May 1, 5:30-8 p.m.: Enjoy 'Perfect Pairings' at a Beaujolais Wine Dinner hosted at The Hotel Hershey's flagship restaurant, The Circular. The five-course meal is $95 per person and features a different Georges Duboeuf wine from the Beaujolais region of France with each course. Reservations are required. Please call 717-534-8800. View the menu here.
We're hiring! Join us at the Hersheypark Job Fair
- Apply, interview and get hired on the spot at the Hersheypark Job Fair on Tuesday, May 14 from 3-7 p.m. at Giant Center. Then, get ready for the sweetest summer yet!