One Sweet Minute: Things to do in December 2019 in Hershey, PA
Hershey Sweet Lights
- Hershey Sweet Lights, a drive-through holiday lights experience, is open nightly through January 1, 2020.
- Guests can drive through a two-mile wooded trail decorated with nearly 600 illuminated light displays while listening to holiday music from the comfort of their cars.
- Admission for a single car (seats up to 8 people) is $19.15 on Monday-Thursday and $26.15 on Friday-Sunday. Vans (seating 9-15 people) are $34.15 for one entrance any day of the week.
Cheer On The Hershey Bears
- Show your support for Hershey's hometown hockey team at one of seven home games this month, including CommunityAid and abc27 Teddy Bear Toss Night! At Teddy Bear Toss Night, fans are encouraged to bring new stuffed animals to the game to toss on the ice as the Hershey Bears score their first goal. All items collected will be donated to local charities. Last year, the Hershey Bears set a new world record with nearly 35,000 teddy bears and stuffed animals collected! A full listing of the season's promotions can be found here.
- Dec. 1: vs. Hartford Wolf Pack (CommunityAid and abc27 Teddy Bear Toss Night)
- Dec. 7: vs Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Penn State Health Ornament Night/Healthcare Night)
- Dec. 8: vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Bear Of A Discount Night)
- Dec. 14: vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Pennsylvania Lottery Night)
- Dec. 15: vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Hall of Fame Night/Throwback Jersey Auction)
- Dec. 22: vs Springfield Thunderbirds (Dietz & Watson Holiday Ham Shoot)
- Dec. 28: vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Scout Night)
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Christmas Candylane at Hersheypark is open daily from Dec. 6 through Jan. 1, 2020.
- The Park is decorated with more than four million lights, including the NOEL light show synchronized to holiday music.
- Family-friendly rides and up to six roller coasters are open, weather permitting.
- Children can see Santa in his Candy Cottage during all operating hours through Dec. 23.
- Hersheypark is one of the only places in the Northeast where guests can get an up-close look at all of Santa’s nine reindeer, including Rudolph. The reindeer will be here through Jan. 1.
- Signature hot chocolate is available for purchase in all-day and all-season souvenir mugs at stands throughout the Park. There is also a hot chocolate bar at Simply Chocolate with five different types of hot chocolate.
- Holiday entertainment includes “The Littlest Tree” inside the heated Chevrolet Music Box Theatre; an indoor photo opportunity with Hershey Characters; and performances from “Our Friends from the Sea” on select dates and times.
Looking for a sweet job this holiday season?
- Join our team for Hersheypark Christmas Candylane and enjoy the festive atmosphere of The Sweetest Place On Earth during the holiday seasons! Available positions include: Security, Food Team Member, Ride Operator and more!
Gift yourself and loved ones with winter relaxation at MeltSpa by Hershey and The Spa At The Hotel Hershey
- MeltSpa by Hershey day spa is offering a Cinnamon Mocha Collection through Jan. 2020. Treatments include massage, body scrub, body wrap, manicure and pedicure. A Cinnamon Mocha Immersion and other packages are also available.
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa also features special treatments to relax through the season. A Peppermint Hot Chocolate Immersion is available through January 2020 and the Peppermint Mocha Manicure and Peppermint Mocha Manicure are available through February 2020. Additional winter-inspired treatments and packages are also highlighted.
- Both spas are running gift card offers during the holiday season. Through Dec. 24, purchase
- $150 or more in MeltSpa by Hershey gift cards and receive a $15 voucher to use toward spa services.
- $250 or more in The Spa At The Hotel Hershey gift cards and receive a $25 voucher to use toward spa services.
- At both spas, guests who purchase gift cards of any amount will also receive a voucher for 10% off spa services.
Sweet Holiday Entertainment
December is a month full of Broadway shows and all of our favorite holiday entertainment - from rock sensation Trans-Siberian Orchestra to family-friendly The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical.
- Coming to Giant Center in December:
- A Pentatonix Christmas on Dec. 12 at 7 p.m.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Dec. 13 at 4 and 8 p.m.
- WWE Live Holiday Tour on Dec. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- Coming to Hershey Theatre in December:
- Once On This Island on Dec. 3-8 at various times.
- The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical on Dec. 10-11 at 6:30 p.m.
- Hershey Symphony: A Holiday Spectacular on Dec. 14 at 2 and 8 p.m.
- Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet presents “The Nutcracker” on Dec. 21 at 1 and 5 p.m. and Dec. 22 at 2 p.m.
Go on a Wild Winter Adventure at ZooAmerica
- Wild Winter Adventure is coming back to ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park!
- The program is three hours long and designed for children K-5. They will learn how animals survive the cold winter months; encounter live animals including reindeer at Hersheypark; enjoy a snack; explore ZooAmerica; and more!
- All children must be pre-registered and prepaid to participate. Space is limited.