Hersheypark Tips to Save Time and Money
Plan a 2021 Road Trip to Hersheypark with the PA Turnpike
The 115th season at Hersheypark is in full swing and we can't wait for another summer of #HersheyparkHappy!
If you’re planning on taking a road trip to Hersheypark this summer, we've teamed up with The Pennsylvania Turnpike to share a few tips on ways to save time and money - both on the road and throughout your time in the Park.
- Hershey's Chocolatetown Drone
- Screenshot (4)
- Candymoinum Coaster
- Lightning Racer
- Hershey Triple Tower at Hersheypark
- Carrousel 100 Years Old
- The Boardwalk At Hersheypark
- Whitecap Racer and Breakers Edge
- The Chocolatier Ride Elements
- The Chocolatier_Fun to Table
- The Chocolatier_Patio With People
- ZooAmerica's Desert Building
- Gray Wolf
- Black Bear at ZooAmerica
The best road trips begin with a plan so be sure to check out www.hersheypark.com for a variety of resources before you travel.
- Buy in Advance Online: Save now with Everyone Pays Kids Price! We strongly encourage you to purchase tickets and add-ons online or in the Hersheypark App in advance of your visit to save.
- Download Our App: The official Hersheypark App is packed with helpful tools, including an interactive map, real-time ride availability and wait times, Hershey Character locations, Our Friends from the Sea show schedule, food options for any special requests and mobile ordering, to help you plan your visit and maximize your day.
- Buy Parking Online: Save time by purchasing a parking voucher online before your visit. Then, present your voucher at the Parking Plaza and head toward the fun!
- Pack Smart: Guests are permitted to bring a small bag or backpack to Hersheypark. We recommend packing it with sunscreen and water. Each guest is allowed one sealed water bottle, but our team will also provide free cups of water at most dining locations. Learn more about what to pack for a day at the theme park here.
- Complimentary lockers are available at Candymonium, Skyrush, sooperdooperLooper and Reese’s Cupfusion to store all personal belongings while you wait and ride.
- Have Your Digital Ticket Ready: Set your phone to full brightness and have your ticket barcode pulled up and ready to scan at arrival to get to the fun faster.
- Season Pass Holder Tip: Did you know? You can add your pass to the new Hersheypark App as a digital pass to scan at the front gate so you have one less thing to carry.
- Extend Your Stay: Planning a summer getaway? Consider booking a sweet package at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark. Resort guests enjoy extra perks like the best price on Hersheypark tickets, free parking and more.
Saving Time with Extra Hours of Happy
Each Hersheypark summer ticket includes three parks in one - with all rides, a full water park and ZooAmerica (only by accessing the zoo through the Hersheypark bridge during public operating hours). Here are some additional time-saving tips:
- Free Preview: A sweet sneak peek is included with every ticket. Guests with any ticket type may enjoy Hersheypark for two hours before close before their full day visit for FREE. Guests at the Official Resorts of Hersheypark may enter three hours before close.
- Sweet Start: Full Size and King Size Season Pass Holders and guests at the Official Resorts of Hersheypark may enter the park at 10 AM daily this summer (May 27 through September 6) to enjoy a selection of rides before the Park opens at 11 AM.
- Add Fast Track: Get to the thrills faster with our Fast Track program. Limited quantities are available, so buy online today and get your wristband inside Hersheypark. We offer two options:
- Skip the regular line once per day for each of the 16 featured attractions
- Fast Track Unlimited where you skip the regular line on up to 18 featured attractions all - day - long.
- Reference the App: The Hersheypark App will detail ride availability and wait times in real-time during your visit so a handy resource all day.
- Pro tip - start in the back of the Park and work your way to the front. The Boardwalk is also less crowded at the start of the day if making a splash is on your to-do list.
- Mobile Ordering: Hungry? Several food locations now offer mobile ordering in the Hersheypark App to order in advance and then pick up your food faster.
Add On the Fun
We're always looking for ways to offer sweet deals and value to our guests. Explore some of these great options to save during your day:
- All-Day Drink: Enjoy a 2021 Souvenir Cup and save with FREE refills on fountain drinks and ICEE all day! Plus, get $1 refills on future visits.
- All Day Dine: Dine all day for one low price! Includes 1 entree and 1 side at more than 10 locations throughout Hersheypark.
- Single-Use Meal Deal: Choose from 12 food locations and enjoy an entree, side, and drink.
- Game Vouchers: Save 30% on games when you buy a game value pack, which includes 13 game vouchers valid at select locations throughout Hersheypark.
- Let Us Take the Photos: Capture the fun with a Hersheypark Photo Pass. Get unlimited digital downloads of all photos taken inside Hersheypark and special discounts on prints.
On the Road with the Turnpike
Hersheypark is conveniently located in central Pennsylvania within a three-hour drive of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington D.C., New York and New Jersey. Given the proximity to these major East Coast locations, many of our guests travel the Pennsylvania Turnpike en route to The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Before you hit the road for your summer travels, learn more about your payment options on the Turnpike and how to prepare for your trip.
- The Pennsylvania Turnpike is now an All-Electronic Tolling system, meaning there is no cash collection. Customers now continue to move through the lanes at posted speeds without stopping while entering and exiting the system. Tolls are assessed via E-ZPass, or a PA Turnpike TOLL BY PLATE invoice is sent in the mail. Pre-register for TOLL BY PLATE by opening an account today.
- E-ZPass is your more convenient option for traveling the PA Turnpike. E-ZPass customers save nearly 60 percent*, compared to non-tagholders, and are billed via automatic withdrawals from their account.
- Not sure how much a toll will cost? Check the price of your upcoming trip on our website’s toll calculator.
- The PA Turnpike E-ZPass smartphone app has officially been upgraded to "PA Toll Pay." In addition to E-ZPass account management, TOLL BY PLATE customers can now use the smartphone app to:
- Pay your TOLL BY PLATE invoice.
- Manage your TOLL BY PLATE account.
- Sign up for AutoPay and receive a 15% discount on your TOLL BY PLATE tolls.
Keys to Safety
- Want to learn the rules of the road? Check out the Daily Driving Practices.
- Road conditions are constantly changing, so the PA Turnpike wants to make sure you are informed before you head out the door and while traveling.
- Check the travel alerts Twitter feed for up-to-date traffic conditions information.
- If you are ever in need of emergency assistance while on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, please dial star (*) 11 from a cell phone to reach the operations center 24/7.
Safe travels and we can't wait to welcome you to Hersheypark!