Hersheypark In the Dark Now Open for Halloween 2021
Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Fall Family Fun throughout Hershey
There is no better place to enjoy Halloween than throughout the destination of Hershey, PA!
From amusement park thrills and pumpkin treats to chocolate fun for the whole family, explore our full list of October activities below.
1. Hersheypark In the Dark Ride Experiences
Hersheypark In The Dark is now open and runs for three weekends through Halloween, Sunday, Oct. 31.
One of the best parts of visiting for Hersheypark In The Dark is dark ride experiences! Exclusively for Hersheypark In The Dark, thrill-seekers can experience a unique, lights-out ride on three wooden roller coasters - Wildcat, Comet and Lightning Racer - starting at dusk. The indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster will also be dark during all operating hours.
If you're looking for fun and chocolate you'll love our new hypercoaster, Candymonium. Guests of Twizzlers height category and above can experience hair-raising thrills on the tallest, fastest, longest and sweetest coaster in Hersheypark with the most airtime of any of our coasters. For Hersheypark In The Dark, we turn the lights out as well and showcase a special lighting package.
2. Trick-or-Treating through Treatville
There’s no better place to trick-or-treat than The Sweetest Place On Earth! 2021 marks the 15th anniversary of Treatville, a unique trick or treat trail with 13 stops for children 12 and under. Our Trick Or Treat Trail winds from Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction (three stops) to our Treatville location in The Boardwalk At Hersheypark with 10 stops.
3. Creatures Of The Night
ZooAmerica is open daily this fall with Creatures Of The Night on the same dates as Hersheypark In The Dark. Guests are encouraged to bring their flashlights to use as they walk around the Zoo to experience the nighttime habits of North American animals. Creatures Of The Night is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark In The Dark when entered via the Park. Separate admission is also available at the zoo’s off-street entrance.
4. Sweet Treats and Delicious Eats
We created an entire fall-inspired food and beverage guide given all of the incredible options available throughout Hersheypark
- New seasonal ice cream flavors and savory combinations added to Milton’s with pumpkin latte cheesecake and new Halloween cupcakes at The Sweeterie.
- Indulge in sweet treats from pumpkin funnel cakes to three King Size shakes inside Hersheypark
- NEW - Savory foods and special beer pairings will be available as part of Hops & Harvest at several locations throughout the park.
- New fall menu items will debut at The Chocolatier on Oct. 15 as well.
5. Hershey Character Experiences
Entertainment offerings will feature Hershey characters and our seals and sea lions each weekend.
- NEW - Shake, Howl and Glow Character Dance Party! Have a glowing good time with the Hershey Characters, and put your rhythm to the test as we dress up and DANCE. The Shake, Howl and Glow Character Dance Party will be held each night at 8:30 in the Founder’s Way region at Hersheypark.
- Characters in costume will be available for photos between 5 and 7:30 p.m. in Founders Way (Carrousel pavilion).
- Enjoy performances from “Our Friends from the Sea” on Saturday and Sundays at 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
6. Visit the World's Largest Candy Store
Hershey’s Chocolate World offers a variety of fall events in addition to all of the chocolate you need for Halloween! Full schedule here.
NEW - Reese’s Candy Converter: After making a splash in 2018, the Reese’s Candy Converter has found its home in Hershey, PA. Make your peanut butter and chocolate dreams come true this year and check out this Halloween favorite at Hershey’s Chocolate World, every weekend from Oct. 15 to 31.
7. Indulge in Pumpkin Relaxation
MeltSpa by Hershey day spa and The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa are offering pumpkin collections to match the feel of the season with individual treatments and packages.
8. Pumpkin Glow at Hershey Gardens
Oct. 23, 24, 30 and 31, 2021, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Pumpkin Glow, Hershey Gardens’ non-scary Halloween celebration, is returning for another year of Halloween fun. The family-friendly event features more than 100 carved and painted pumpkins, in addition to gourds, hay bales and ornamental grasses displayed throughout the Gardens’ 23 acres. The popular “Glow House” also returns, featuring jack-o-lanterns, black lights, and other glowing creatures.
- On Saturday, Oct. 23 and 30, celebrity pumpkin carver Danny Kissel will be at Pumpkin Glow, carving pumpkins and demonstrating his carving techniques. Last fall Kissel, a self-taught carver known for his intricately carved, over-the-top pumpkin sculptures, won “Outrageous Pumpkin Champion” on Food Network’s “Outrageous Pumpkins.” The central Pennsylvanian was also featured on Food Network’s “Halloween Wars” in 2014 and 2017. Entertainment also includes singer/songwriter Christian Yeager, puppet shows and a stage performance by Cissy and the Man. Please visit HersheyGardens.org for the complete schedule. Pumpkin Glow requires a general admission ticket, which can be purchased online at HersheyGardens.org or in person at the admissions desk.
9. Visit The Hershey Story Museum
- Spooky Brew at Tastings - Oct. 1 - 31, 2021 M-F - 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Weekends - 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. This Halloween, kids can create their own ghoulish green, ogre orange or purple potion beverage! Complete with a sugar rim, sprinkles and marshmallow eyeballs, it’s a spooky fun drink!. $7 per beverage
- Halloween-Themed Chocolate Lab Classes - please visit HersheyStory.org for a complete class schedule. Participants enjoy a 45-minute class where they learn about chocolate and make their own chocolate treat. Halloween-themed Chocolate Lab classes include “Chocolate Cobweb Creations,” “Build a Batty Bar” and “Mummy Medallions (New!). “Spooky Bark” classes held on weekends only, 2:30 p.m. Ticket purchase required. Children must be at least 5 years old to enter the lab.
10. Fall Getaway
Guests can enjoy a fun-filled weekend packed with Halloween festivities by booking a getaway to The Official Resorts of Hersheypark. The Kids Treat FREE package is available every Hersheypark In The Dark weekend at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge. Those interested in camping at Hersheypark Camping Resort can book the Hersheypark In The Dark Package.