Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights Now Open For Seven Weekends
Seasonal Event Kicks Off with More Days, New Haunted House, Exclusive Culinary and Coasters
Halloween in Hershey, Pa., is officially underway, as Hersheypark amusement park is now open for its Hersheypark Halloween seasonal event and Dark Nights immersive haunt experience. The seven-weekend seasonal event runs from Sept. 15 through Oct. 29, 2023, with more days and hours, a new fifth haunted house, enhanced scares and exclusive food.
New this season, every Hersheypark Halloween ticket now includes entrance to all five Dark Nights haunted houses, so guests can play by day and fright at night for the price of one admission.
Hersheypark Halloween event hours are 5-10 p.m. on Fridays, 12-10 p.m. on Saturdays and 12-9 p.m. on Sundays. Dark Nights begins each night at 6 p.m. and extends one hour after Park close - Fridays and Saturdays until 11 p.m. and Sundays until 10 p.m.
Play by Day During Hersheypark Halloween
Families can experience Hersheypark Halloween like never before, with thrills on 50 rides and attractions (weather and maintenance permitting), trick-or-treating for children 12 and under along the Hershey’s Trick-Or-Treat Trail, Hershey Characters glow dance parties and the original Creatures Of The Night flashlight tour at ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park starting Oct. 13.
Hersheypark Halloween also offers a unique experience for thrill seekers, as it is the only time of year that the lights are turned off on the award-winning Wildcat’s Revenge hybrid coaster celebrating its first fall, Candymonium, Comet and Lightning Racer during the last hour of operations. Plus, Laff Trakk is completely dark all day long.
View our Family-Friendly Guide to Hersheypark Halloween to help you plan your visit during the day.
Fright at Night During Dark Nights
The nightmare continues for Dark Nights in its second year, as darkness sweeps over Hersheypark beginning nightly at 6 p.m. The terrifying tales guests thought they knew are turning the page with all-new spins and evolved stories in five haunted houses.
- Auntie Mortem’s Abattoir (ALL-NEW FOR 2023) - Ethel Mortem, known as Auntie to the community, is a second-generation meat processor running the family business with the help of her sinister nieces and nephews. Trucks keep coming to feed the machine, but the bones tell a more sinister story. Farm to table has never been more gruesome when Auntie is planning the menu.
- Haunted Coal Mine: Curse Of The Tommyknockers - It's not only the past miners that haunt these shafts but the evil Tommyknockers who must protect their gold by any means necessary. You escaped their mines once before, but will you be so lucky this time? The fear doesn’t come from where you’re trapped but who you’re trapped with.
- Creatures Uncaged - Professor Darkstone’s prized possessions now run the show. Retrace your steps through their lair but beware, more creatures are lurking in the shadows, and they are hungry for a new audience.
- The Descent: Catacombs Of Decay - The tunnels she once prowled are now hers to dwell in forever. Venture into the catacombs of decay to reveal what secrets remain buried in her past, present and future. But, be careful that you don't become part of her collection.
- Twisted Carnevil - The darkness of the tent was truly a never-ending carnevil of nightmares. The nightmare continues with venomous twists and turns that will hypnotize some and paralyze others.
View our Thrill Guide to Dark Nights to help you plan your visit at night.
Also part of Dark Nights, midways transform into three Scare Zones each evening with new, blood-curdling frights lurking about.
- Fallout Zone (ALL-NEW FOR 2023) - Rogue radioactive material has begun to emit an eerie green fog. Crews are scrubbing the midway to isolate, contain, and neutralize any threats. You may avoid the fallout, but can you escape the madness from those within?
- Midway Of Misery - Misery loves company…the Decayed Brigade welcomes new sliders from the underworld with more corners to lurk in and ground to cover. Beware to those who flock to the flames: you never know who (or what) is waiting beyond the arch.
- Darkstone’s Hollow - Ousted from his own show, Darkstone is now caged for all to see and the showmen that hawked his traveling mythical collection now frantically seek shelter from the creatures that have claimed The Hollow as their own.
All-New Dining Experiences
Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights feature an elevated food and beverage scene with more than 75 scary good eats and spell-binding drinks.
- Dark Nights Tasting Pass - Guests can get a taste of some of the frightfully delicious food offerings available during Dark Nights with the Dark Nights Tasting Pass, which includes a choice of up to five specialty menu items from more than 35 food and beverage options throughout the Park, such as Toxic Mac & Cheese, Pulled Pork Sliders, Blood Orange Lemonade, Black Velvet Cake and more. The Tasting Pass is $34.99 plus tax and can be purchased online.
- RIP Dinner Buffet at Great Scare Catering - Hersheypark is rolling out the dead carpet with the RIP Dinner Buffet at Great Scare Catering, which includes eerie entrées, desserts to die for and more, while some monsters lurk about. RIP Dinner Buffet guests receive a Single-Use Fast Track accepted at any of the five Dark Nights haunted houses and a Buy One Get One Hyperdeck Coupon, valid on the new Zombie-themed virtual reality game. The buffet is available on Fridays starting at 5 p.m. and Saturdays beginning at 4 p.m. Tickets are $44.99 plus tax and can be purchased online.
- Spirit’s Rooftop Bar at The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio - Located in Hershey’s Chocolatetown region, The Chocolatier offers Spirit’s Rooftop Bar, a rooftop rendezvous with spirits both real and imagined - from smoking cocktails and octopus-inspired Bloody Marys to absinthe creations and libations that literally pop tableside. The haunted rooftop bar is available during all Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights operating days starting at 5 p.m. on Fridays and 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Entrance to Spirit’s Rooftop Bar is only accessible inside Hersheypark.
- 2023 RIP Buffet Food Items
- 2023 Halloween Dark Nights Toxic Mac and Cheese at Berks
- 2023 Halloween Dark Nights Garlic Knot Meatball Slider at Hollow Dispatch
- Hersheypark_Dark Nights_2023_Slaughterhouse Truck_Brick of Worms
- 2023 Dark Nights Tasting Pass Spirello.Garlic Parm and Bacon Cheese.Spirello Cottage
- 2023 Halloween Dark Nights Tasting Pass Pork Rind Nachos Meat Truck
- 2023 Halloween Dark Nights Tasting Pass Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix.Twisted Beverage
- 2023 Halloween Dark Nights Tasting PassTerror Tots.Pizza.Hollow Dispatch
- 2023 Tasting Pass Dark Nights - Dark Chocolate Cold Brew at The Pigkles Shop
- 2023 Tasting Pass Dark Nights - Blueberry Boba Tea at Spirello
- 2023 Tasting Pass Dark Nights - Blood Orange Lemonade at Hollow Dispatch
- Hersheypark_Dark Nights_2023_Slaughterhouse Truck_Ground Beef Rice Krispie
- Hersheypark_Dark Nights_2023_Slaughterhouse Truck_Ground Beef Cake
- 2023 Tasting Pass Dark Nights - Chocolate Potato Chip Donut at Spirello
- 2023 Tasting Pass Dark Nights Milton's Cone
- 2023 Dark Nights - King Size Shake
- 2023 Tasting Pass Dark Nights - Cherry Cheesecake jar
- Hersheypark_Dark Nights_2023_Twisted Beverage and 1906_Toxic Apple Light Up Cup
- Hersheypark_Hallowen_2023_The Chocolatier_Cocktails 2
- 2023 The Chocolatier Spirits Rooftop Food and Drinks
- 2023 The Chocolatier Spirits Rooftop Butchers Board
- 2023 The Chocolatier Spirits Rooftop Shrimp and Octopus Skewers
- 2023 The Chocolatier Spirits Rooftop Street Corn Dip
- 2023 The Chocolatier Spirits Rooftop Taquitos
Guests can take home a piece of Dark Nights with event-exclusive branded merchandise available at Dark Nights Emporium, Halloween BOOtique and Hersheypark Supply Co. New this year is Decayed Brigade merchandise highlighting the popular sliders.
Hersheypark Halloween tickets start at $49.99 plus taxes and fees and include the rides, coasters, five Dark Nights haunted houses, three Scare Zones and Halloween entertainment. Guests visiting during Hersheypark Halloween can use any previously purchased 2023 Hersheypark ticket with a listed expiration date of January 1, 2024.
Anyone interested in getting to the fear faster and skip the lines during Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights can add a Fast Track program to their admission ticket.
Current 2023 Season Pass Holders can enjoy unlimited visits during Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights, with haunted house access included as a new perk based directly on guest feedback. Guests interested in purchasing a 2024 Season Pass can add on unlimited visits to Hersheypark Halloween, Dark Nights and Hersheypark Christmas Candylane this year with a Season Pass+.
The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
Guests can extend their stay in The Sweetest Place On Earth during the Halloween season at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark: The Hotel Hershey luxury accommodation, Hershey Lodge resort and Hersheypark Camping Resort campground.
The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge offer several Halloween packages, including a Dark Nights package featuring two nights of deluxe accommodations, a two-day Hersheypark ticket, breakfast each day, Dark Nights Tasting Passes and Dark Nights Haunted House Fast Track Passes for each guest. All guests receive Free Resort Benefits like free front gate shuttle service and preview hours. Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge indoor pool complex.