Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Named Top 10 Best Theme Park Holiday Event in 2022
USA TODAY 10Best Recognizes Popular Holiday Attraction in Pennsylvania
The votes are in. Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is once again named a winner in the USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice travel award contest for Best Theme Park Holiday Event in 2022!
For a second consecutive year, Christmas Candylane was voted #8 overall, securing a coveted spot as one of the top 10 best theme park holiday events in the country. The 121-acre Hersheypark ranked above all other nominated Pennsylvania amusement parks. Thank you to all who voted for us!
Twenty nominees were chosen by a panel of relevant experts which include a combination of editors from USA TODAY; editors from 10Best.com; relevant expert contributors; and sources for both these media and other Gannett properties.
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Entrance Aerial
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane_Family_Ferris Wheel
- Kisses Fountain Christmas Candylane
- NOEL Light Show from Bridge at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Kissmas Tree Horizontal Photo
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Lights 3
- Carrousel during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Dry Gulch Railroad at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- The Claw with Lights at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Frontier Flyers with Lights at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Laff Trakk Exterior Christmas Candylane
- Santa and his reindeer courtesy of Commonwealth Media ServicesSanta and his reindeer. Governor Tom Wolf was joined by Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding and Pennsylvania State Veterinarian Dr. Kevin Brightbill to meet Santa and his nine reindeer at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane to announce that the reindeer have received a clean bill of health and are cleared for take-off on December 24. Hershey, PA – December 23, 2021
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane_Characters_Credit to All American ThrillsPhoto credit to All American Thrills
- TREEville 2022 Entrance Tree
- TREEville at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 2022
- TREEville 2022 Santa's Favorite
- TREEville 2022 Sandcastle Cove Decoration
- Christmas Candylane 2022 Milkshakes
- 2022 Christmas Candylane_Food_Create Your Own Potato Bar
- Hersheypark Supply Co. during Christmas Candylane
Plan a Visit Through January 1
For nearly 40 years, Christmas Candylane has been a tradition for thousands of families in the mid-Atlantic region. The holiday attraction offers many only-in-Hershey experiences to get into the holiday spirit.
In celebration of the season, Hersheypark has decked all regions of the 121-acre amusement park with 5 million dazzling lights - the most in Pennsylvania - including a guest-favorite light show that can't be missed. Guests can sip a signature hot chocolate while watching NOEL with 250,000 dancing lights synchronized to holiday music in The Hollow region every half hour beginning nightly at 5.
To further sweeten a trip to Christmas Candylane, more than 45 rides are open, weather and maintenance permitting, with unique opportunities to see the lights from Dry Gulch Railroad or a gondola-style ride over Spring Creek with the NOEL lights glistening off the water. Some rides like the Ferris Wheel, Candymonium hypercoaster, sooperdooperLooper and Jolly Rancher Remix reimagined boomerang coaster are lit up and running with holiday light packages. Plus, the indoor, spinning, glowing Laff Trakk coaster is decorated for the season with a large neon tree in the center.
Of course, a visit wouldn't be complete without putting in one last good word with Santa. An interactive experience and photo opportunity with the big man himself is available through Dec. 24. But the magic of a holiday visit doesn't end there. Hersheypark is the ONLY place in the Northeast where guests can get an up-close look at all nine of Santa's reindeer, including Rudolph, during all hours of operation through January 1. Trained reindeer helpers from ZooAmerica are available to answer any guest questions and share fun facts.
Christmas Candylane is open every day through Jan. 1, 2023 (closed Christmas Day), so there's still plenty of time to make sweet family memories this holiday season. We hope to see you there. Happy holidays!