Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 2022 Bucket List
Now Open Daily With Only-In-Hershey Holiday Experiences for the Family
It's the most wonderful time of the year in Hershey, Pa., as Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is now open daily through January 1, 2023. Check out our bucket list of 12 only-in-Hershey experiences to put guests in the holiday spirit at Christmas Candylane in 2022.
1. See the most lights in Pennsylvania
Five million sparkling lights deck the halls of Hersheypark this year, the most in Pennsylvania, including the NOEL light show featuring more than 250,000 dancing lights choreographed to Christmas music. The show begins each night at 5 p.m. and runs every 30 minutes in The Hollow region. Guests can view the show from each of the three bridges overlooking Spring Creek or take a gondola-style ride on Skyview right over the lights.
2. Take a ride on family favorites unique to the season
A unique blend of thrilling, family-friendly and kiddie rides are open for Christmas Candylane, maintenance and weather permitting. Some of the rides provide dazzling views of the lights that guests can't see anywhere else.
- Skyview, a gondola-style attraction, is a guest favorite this time of year, as it takes riders on a round-trip journey over Spring Creek in The Hollow region. If timed right, riders will glide directly above the NOEL light show as the lights glisten off the water.
- Dry Gulch Railroad is another holiday tradition for many families. The train takes guests through areas of the Park completely blanketed with lights and lined with various displays that are only viewable from on the ride.
- For an aerial view of the five million lights, Kissing Tower takes guests 300 feet up in the area for a 360° view of Hersheypark and the town of Hershey while learning about the town's history.
- Ferris Wheel is also a popular option for guests of every height category to enjoy the beautiful views and festive light package on the ride itself.
Tip: We recommend downloading the Hersheypark app for a real-time listing of ride availability and wait times. The app also details food options for any special requests or for new mobile ordering and an interactive map.
3. Enjoy holiday thrills on select coasters
Weather and maintenance permitting, thrill-seekers can enjoy the first winter of holiday thrills on Jolly Rancher Remix reimagined boomerang coaster with a new holiday light package, as well as rides on Wild Mouse, sooperdooperLooper and Cocoa Cruiser. The indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster is also open and decorated for the holidays with a large Christmas tree in the center.
Please note that Candymonium is temporarily closed, given an unexpected maintenance issue involving a part. An update will be shared on the Hersheypark Facebook page and Hersheypark app in advance of its reopening.
4. Tell Santa your wish list
Make your list and check it twice, as Santa Claus has come to town! Guests can enjoy a photo opportunity with Santa and an interactive experience with some of his elves under the former Carrousel Pavillion in Founder's Way near the Milton Hershey fountain through December 24.
5. See all nine of Santa's reindeer
For more than 25 years, Rudolph and his friends have been making a special stop at Christmas Candylane - and they have returned for another holiday season in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Hersheypark is the only place in the Northeast where guests can get an up-close look at all nine of Santa's reindeer. The reindeer are located inside Hersheypark at Santa’s Reindeer Stables in Pioneer Frontier Catering near Fahrenheit during all hours of operation through Jan. 1, 2023. Trained reindeer specialists are available to answer guest questions. The viewing experience is included with admission.
6. Stroll through a tree trail
Hersheypark decked the paths of The Boardwalk At Hersheypark with a festive TREEville trail of more than a dozen trees that share the stories of The Sweetest Place On Earth. Guests can see uniquely-decorated trees with everything from milkshakes and hockey to flip-flops and coasters. A new falling snow effect at the entrance of TREEville creates the perfect photo spot.
7. Meet and greet the Hershey Characters
New this year, guests can enjoy a Meet and Greet with the Hershey Characters with fun holiday music and a photo opportunity inside the heated Music Box Theatre.
8. Warm up with hot chocolate
There is no better place to enjoy some hot chocolate than The Sweetest Place On Earth. Signature hot chocolate is available for purchase during Christmas Candylane in all-day souvenir mugs to keep guests warm. Also back by popular demand is the Hot Chocolate Bar with four specialty flavors at Simply Chocolate.
9. Eat, drink and be Hersheypark Happy
Inside Hersheypark, guests can enjoy a taste of the holidays with limited-time sweet treats like Peppermint and Frozen Hot Chocolate King Size Shakes. New this season is a loaded potato bar at Overlook Food Court for a savory option. View our Christmas Candylane Food Guide here.
Guests with or without a Hersheypark ticket can grab lunch and dessert to go at Milton's Ice Cream Parlor and The Sweeterie Confectionery Kitchen - both open daily in Hershey's Chocolatetown. Milton's offers a special penne vodka grilled cheese, holiday feast hot dog and beef pot roast soup through Jan. 1. The Sweeterie has new cupcakes, signature desserts and candies for the holiday season.
- Christmas Candylane 2022 Milkshakes
- 2022 Christmas Candylane_Food_Cookies & Donuts_Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2022 Christmas Candylane_Food_Create Your Own Potato Bar
- 2022 Christmas Candylane_Food_Soup in Bread Bowls
- 2022 Christmas Candylane_Food_Berk's Smokehouse Express
- 2022 Christmas Candylane_Food_Berk's Smokehouse Express 2
- Milton's - Penne Vodka GC
- Miltons - Holiday Dog December
- The Sweeterie Holiday Treats 2022
- The Sweeterie Holiday Cupcakes 2022
- The Sweeterie Holiday Nonpariel Pop 2022
- The Sweeterie Caramel Popcorn 2022
10. Check off the holiday shopping list
Hersheypark is home to more than one dozen retail locations that feature the perfect blend of new collections and vintage designs for holiday gift-giving. Located in Hershey's Chocolatetown Hersheypark Supply Co. is a premier, 10,000-square-foot flagship store where guests can browse the largest collection of apparel, gifts, toys, and more exclusive to Hersheypark. A Hersheypark ticket is not required to visit Hersheypark Supply Co. The store is open daily from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. this month (closed Christmas day).
Inside the front gate, parkgoers can visit HP Collections, a shopping destination with an exclusive Vineyard Vines collection, plus clothing, accessories and drinkware from brands like Nike, Corkcicle, Puppy Love and more.
11. Snap a photo as a souvenir
There are plenty of sweet photo spots around Christmas Candylane for families to snap a photo together to remember the Hersheypark Happy memories they created this year. Some popular photo backdrops include the iconic Kisses Fountain, Ferris Wheel with its holiday light package and the 50-foot Kissmas Tree in The Hollow region. Don't forget to tag @Hersheypark on social media and use #ChristmasCandylane!
12. Cheers to the holiday season at The Chocolatier
The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio recently debuted a winter menu featuring nine new cocktails, appetizers like Creamy Beet Burrata, entrees such as Mushroom Bolognese and two new milkshakes. The Chocolatier is open daily for lunch and dinner, with reservations available online.
Families can also book a Breakfast With Santa buffet at The Chocolatier every weekend through Dec. 24, with limited availability remaining on Fridays.
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Cocktail Combo.Sugar Cookie.Christmas Margarita.Jack Frost.Wide
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Cocktail Combo.Bloody Mary.Citrus Christmas.Chambord Prosecco.BREAKFAST ONLY
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Combo.Draft Beer.Puck Drop.Nachos
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Mushroom Bolognese
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Creamy Beet Burrata
- The Chocolatier Chili Winter
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Milkshakes.Reeses.Peppermint.Cookie Dough.Top Chocolate
Bonus - Drive through Hershey Sweet Lights
Hershey Sweet Lights drive-through attraction is open nightly at 5 p.m. through Jan. 1, 2023, with the closing time varying per night. Located just minutes from Hersheypark, the separate ticketed experience features two miles of fields and wooded trails decorated with nearly 600 illuminated, animated displays created from about 2 million LED lights. Guests can enjoy the lights from the comfort and warmth of their cars while listening to holiday music, with a custom music station provided through the iHeartRadio app.
Guests are encouraged to buy early and online to save. Pricing varies depending on the date of the visit. Admission for a single car (seats up to 8 people) starts at $23.95 plus taxes and fees when purchased in advance on Hersheypark.com, with online purchases ending each night at 5 p.m. for same-day tickets. After 5 p.m., full-price tickets are available in person at the entrance booth. Van admission (seats 9-15 people) is $48.15 plus taxes and fees. Bus and Minibus admission must be purchased through the Hersheypark Group Sales team.