Welcome 2018 in Hershey, PA
And just like that....2017 comes to a close! To celebrate, there are many family-focused activities planned in Hershey, PA to mark the end of the year and welcome 2018. With something for everyone, Hershey The Sweetest Place On Earth is the place to be on December 31, 2017!
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction
From 4 to 9 p.m., Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction will host a family-friendly New Year's Eve celebration with a DJ, dance floor, and appearances from the Hershey's Characters.
The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue
The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue hosts “New Year’s Eve Countdown” throughout the day on December 31st. Kids can ring in the new year with the Hershey’s product characters and “bubble-wrap stomps,” where children pop bubbles by jumping on giant sheets of bubble wrap at 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. Activities take place on the patio and are free to everyone.
Since 2005, Downtown Hershey has hosted its annual New Year’s Eve celebration. Join in the fun from 9 p.m. to midnight and be sure to use #HersheyPA to share the sweetness. The schedule of free community events includes:
- 7 – 10p.m.: Hershey First United Methodist Church will host food and fun for the whole family, including outdoor games and a free concert featuring Rizzetta's Tones in the church sanctuary at 7, 8 and 9 p.m.
Starting at 9 p.m., music fills the square at Chocolate and Park avenues! Here’s the line-up:
- 9 – 10:10 p.m.: Pentagon, a six-piece show band that plays rock ‘n’ roll and R&B from Central PA.
- 10:30 to 11:55 p.m.: Kris Allen, Season 8 winner of “American Idol,” will rock ChocolateTown, U.S.A.
- 11:55 p.m.: Countdown to 2018 begins…11:59 p.m.: The Hershey’s Kiss, measuring 7 feet tall, 80 inches across, and approximately 300 pounds, goes up three stories above Downtown Hershey.
- Midnight: Fireworks when the Hershey’s Kiss reaches the top!
Welcome 2018…we hope everyone has a happy, safe and memorable New Year’s celebration!