Top 15 Ingredients For A Sweet Stay At Hersheypark Camping Resort
June is National Camping Month and there’s no better place to celebrate than at Hersheypark Camping Resort (HPCR).
The team at HPCR has been busy! This year they added four more deluxe log cabins, one of which is wheelchair accessible. Whether you drive an RV, like to pitch your own tent or like the idea of a more private camping experience, there is something for everyone. HPCR offers more than 300 open and shaded sites, now including 50 cabins! Other projects around the property included the construction of a new playground in the Pioneer Heights section and an upgraded game room.
If you’re visiting us this summer, it’s time start packing! Nervous that you’ll forget something? Don’t worry - we asked the HPCR experts to give us the top 15 items to bring when camping at Hersheypark Camping Resort this summer.
- Sun Protection Gear: Although Hersheypark Camping Resort offers plenty of shaded sites, don’t forget to protect yourself and your loved ones from harmful UV rays by using sunblock and sunglasses while camping.
- S’mores Fixings: This is something we never forget in Hershey The Sweetest Place On Earth! Be sure to bring Hershey Bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, marshmallows, graham crackers, and roasting sticks during your next camping adventure. You never know when you’ll need a ‘sweet’ treat!
- Tarps: Keep your belongings dry by bringing tarps while camping.
- Camera: Bring a camera to capture every ‘sweet’ family memory at Hersheypark Camping Resort.
- Lantern/Flash Lights: Add extra lighting to your campsite with lanterns and flash lights. Flash lights are especially useful when walking around the property at night.
- Rain Gear: Weather is unpredictable, so be prepared and stay dry with rain jackets, rain boots, and umbrellas.
- Chairs: Bring extra chairs when camping to ensure that everyone in your party has a seat around the fire.
- Travel-size First Aid Kit: You never know when an accident will occur, so keep a small first aid kit handy in your supplies so that you can be prepared for those spur-of-the-moment injuries.
- Fire Starters: No camping adventure is complete without a warm fire at night. Be sure to bring your fire starters so you can build an incredible fire each night of your visit.
- Cast Iron Pie Maker: Don’t forget this essential item for mountain pies! These devices are great for making pizzas, pies, and grilled cheese sandwiches for a quick and delicious dinner at your campsite.
- Games: Games are a great way for families to bond at their campsite, so be sure to grab your deck of cards, board games, and outdoor game equipment. Don’t have any games at home? Visit our Game Room with your family.
- Bug Spray: Keep bug spray handy in your camping supplies so that you can make bug-free memories around your campfire.
- Extra Shoes: While flip flops are the essential summer shoe, make sure each member of your family brings sneakers or comfortable walking shoes to wear while exploring the property.
- Pet Supplies: This only applies to our guests with furry friends. Don’t forget to bring your pet’s food, water dish, and favorite toys so they can enjoy Hersheypark Camping Resort as much as you will. *Please note that pets are permitted on the property, but not in any of the tents, cabins, or buildings – including pavilions, restrooms, or pool area.*
- Light Jacket: For those chilly nights by the fire, be sure to grab a light jacket – even in the summertime!
Our experts agree that the 15 items listed above are the perfect ingredients for a ‘sweet’ summer camping adventure at Hersheypark Camping Resort. Don’t worry if you forget any of these items above – our Country Store sells all of these items and more every day.
We can’t wait for your ‘sweet’ visit this summer and we hope you’ve had a wonderful National Camping Month!