Top 10 Tips to Enjoy The Boardwalk and Our New Rides
- Breakers Edge Rendering
- Whitecap Racer Rendering
- Boardwalk 1
- Hersheypark BoardwalkKeep your season pass in a plastic bag so that it doesn't get wet at the Boardwalk.
- Hersheypark Boardwalk
- Intercoastal Waterway at The Boardwalk At Hersheypark
- East Coast Waterworks at The Boardwalk at Hersheypark
- Enjoy the last weekend of The Boardwalk until 2018 when two new attractions will be ready to ride!
- Boardwalk at HersheyparkBoardwalk at Hersheypark
- Hersheypark Water Slide 1 rider
- Boardwalk 3
- Boardwalk 2
We're so excited to open Breakers Edge and Whitecap Racer this weekend! If you are planning to check them out, here are a few helpful tips to best enjoy The Boardwalk at Hersheypark.
First, a quick overview of the attractions making a splash this weekend - Breakers Edge Water Coaster is an exciting hydromagnetic water coaster and Whitecap Racer is the longest mat racer in the world!
Both attractions promise a fun-filled summer with family and friends and are great additions to the 16 attractions and one million gallons of water in The Boardwalk!
1. The Boardwalk hours of operation range between 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and 10 a.m.–8 p.m. depending on the day (check www.Hersheypark.com or download the Hersheypark App for hours of operation) so some guests start or end their day with The Boardwalk and do the "hard park" rides in between. Or stay overnight at one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark and save a full day for The Boardwalk. The Boardwalk is open daily May 26 through September 3.
2. What to pack:
- Beach towel
- Bathing suit
- Flip flops/sandals
Don't worry if you forget something at home; Beachology has you covered! There are also changing areas, dryers and lockers all available within The Boardwalk to make your visit a little easier. Apply sunscreen often and be sure to stay hydrated.
3. Have fun and stay safe at The Boardwalk by following these policies:
- Only appropriate swimwear is permitted
- Revealing bathing suits; shorts with rivets, snaps, zippers, metal ornamentation; cutoffs and jeans are not permitted
- Electronics are not allowed in the water attractions
- All eyeglasses must be secured with safety straps
- Eyeglasses with safety straps are not recommended on Breakers Edge and Whitecap Racer
- Aqua shoes are not permitted on the body slides. There are new complimentary shoe drops outside of Breakers Edge and Whitecap Racer.
- No metal is allowed on Breakers Edge or Whitecap Racer so leave these items with a non-rider.
4. Lockers are available for a small daily rental fee throughout The Boardwalk and we do accept credit cards for convenience. Many guests come in their swim gear, change and then hit the rest of the Park. Or you can return wet items to your car and keep riding!
5. Know the lingo of the Coastline Plunge Tube Slides:
- Hydro – The orange slide
- Pipeline – The yellow slide
- Riptide – The green slide
- Surge – The teal slide
- Vortex – The blue and red bowl slide (fan favorite!)
- Whirlwind – The blue and yellow funnel slide (fan favorite!)
These slides are different from our newest attractions, so make sure to go on every color and share which one is your favorite!
6. We have lots of areas perfect for small kids!
7. Need a place to relax? The Intercoastal Waterway, or Lazy River, allows your troubles to drift away.
8. The Wave Pool, also called The Shore, is an awesome 378,000 gallon pool with a rolling surf that expands over 23,000 square feet.
9. Hungry? Plenty of food & beverage options are located near or right inside The Boardwalk:
- Chickie’s & Pete’s
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Dispatch Pizzeria
- NEW - Grilled Cheese Beach Shack
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs
- Pier Side Slush
- Rita’s Italian Ice
- Shoreline Grill
- NEW - Sunkissed Beach BBQ Food Truck - Opens May 26
- NEW - The Smiling Taco-ria Food Truck - Opens June
- Turkey Hill Ice Cream Parlor
- Waterfront Creamery
For full menus and more on our food & beverage options, please click here.
10. The best way to enjoy The Boardwalk is with a cabana! Cabanas accommodate up to seven guests and can be reserved up to seven days prior to your visit.
- All-day use of the cabana, equipped with refrigerator, table, four chairs, and two chaise lounge chairs
- Beach towel at check-in for each guest
- Beach bag and sunscreen at check-in
- Twelve complimentary water bottles per cabana
- Walk-up service to exclusive Cabana Grill, offering a grill menu, including kids' meals*
- Complimentary fountain soda at the Cabana Grill
- Complimentary locker for use throughout the day next to the Beach Club Restrooms & Changing Rooms
- Exclusive ride access to the Intercoastal Waterway (lazy river)
More cabana information can be found here.
We hope you enjoy a fabulous summer at The Boardwalk.
For more information about The Boardwalk at Hersheypark visit here and/or download the Hersheypark App on your smart phone.