Things to Do in Winter 2023 in Hershey, PA
Top Picks of Winter Events and Family-Friendly Activities
While winter is considered the off-season at Hersheypark amusement park, the Central Pennsylvania town built on chocolate is still buzzing with family-friendly activities and winter events from January through March. As we mark the first day of winter, take a look at our top picks of things to do during the wintertime in Hershey, Pa.
Discovery Weekends at ZooAmerica
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. this winter. Families can bundle up and walk around the 11-acre Zoo while learning about dozens of animals native to our continent, like gray wolves, black bears and Canada lynx. Despite the colder temperatures, winter is often the best time of year to visit ZooAmerica, as the crowds are lighter and the animals are more active.
Plus, on Saturdays and Sundays in January 2023, kids ages 8 and under get into ZooAmerica for FREE as part of Discovery Weekends. Each weekend will spotlight a specific animal and feature enrichment activities for guests to enjoy. A full schedule can be found on the ZooAmerica Facebook Page at the beginning of January.
Can't-Miss Winter Shows and Concerts in Hershey
Although the days of singing under the stars at a Hersheypark Stadium summer concert are behind us (for now), there are plenty of opportunities to catch some live entertainment this winter. The following acts are coming to the historic Hershey Theatre or 10,500-seat GIANT Center arena through March.
- Dancing With The Stars Live 2023 on Jan. 7 at 8 p.m.
- Paw Patrol Live! The Great Pirate Adventure on Jan. 14-15 at various times
- My Fair Lady on Jan. 17-22 at various times
- Beyond The Footlights on Jan. 28 at 7:45 p.m.
- Menopause The Musical on Feb. 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Third Eye Blind on March. 23 at 8 p.m.
Hershey Bears Hockey Games at GIANT Center
Cheer for the hometown AHL hockey team, the Hershey Bears, as they continue a historic start to their season. The Bears will take the ice at GIANT Center for 17 games between now and the end of March. Hockey fans should mark their calendars for upcoming key promotional nights, including Hersheypark Pass Night on Jan. 8 and Feb. 26 and the GIANT Teddy Bear Toss Night on Jan. 29.
Happy Hour at The Chocolatier
Going to lunch, dinner or happy hour at a restaurant is a great way to beat cabin fever over the winter months. If you are looking for a unique dining option in Hershey to do just that, consider The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio, located just outside of Hersheypark in Hershey's Chocolatetown. The Fun To Table restaurant is open daily starting at 11 a.m., with reservations strongly encouraged. Guests can enjoy classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate served from an open kitchen. New sweet and savory winter menu items and cocktails are also available.
The Chocolatier offers Happy Hour for guests 21 and older on Monday through Thursday from 4-6 p.m. with discounts on drinks and appetizers.
- December 2022 Happy Hour
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Combo.Draft Beer.Puck Drop.Nachos
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Combo.Chicken Chipolte Flatbread.Cinnamon Bun Martini.Apple Crumb Cake.Ice Cream
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Mushroom Bolognese
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Creamy Beet Burrata
- The Chocolatier Chili Winter
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Martini Combo.Sugar Cookie.Mint Chocolate Chip.Cinnamon Bun 2
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Cocktail Combo.Sugar Cookie.Christmas Margarita.Jack Frost.Wide
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Cocktail Combo.Bloody Mary.Citrus Christmas.Chambord Prosecco.BREAKFAST ONLY
- FB.22.Chocolatier.Winter.Milkshakes.Peppermint.Cookie Dough.Top Chocolate.Zoom
- The Chocolatier Black Forest Cake
- The Chocolatier Warm Apple Crumb Cake
- The Chocolatier Happy Hour
- The Chocolatier Happy Hour
- The Chocolatier Nachos
Seasonal Spa Treatments
What better way to beat the winter blues than with a chocolate spa day? MeltSpa by Hershey day spa and The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa offer signature chocolate treatments and seasonal collections to warm up and unwind on a cold winter day. Guests can choose from a selection of services, including massages, facials, body scrubs and wraps, manicures and pedicures, hair services and much more.
With so much to do in Hershey this winter, you may want to stay overnight to truly experience it all. From a cozy cabin or RV at Hersheypark Camping Resort to deluxe accommodations at Hershey Lodge and The Hotel Hershey, The Official Resorts of Hersheypark make for a sweet winter getaway. Guests can relax by the fireplace at Hershey Lodge and make a splash at Hershey's Water Works, escape the winter blues in the Fountain Lobby of The Hotel Hershey, or make s'mores over a campfire at Hersheypark Camping Resort.
All resort guests also receive FREE Resort Benefits, including free or discounted admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story Museum, preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, on-site recreation and activities and more.
Public Ice Skating at Hersheypark Arena
Ice skating is a staple on a winter bucket list for many people. Hersheypark Arena is open for public ice skating on select dates in January 2023. Children 3 and under are free, with ticket prices ranging from $4-7 for ages 4+.
We hope to see you in The Sweetest Place On Earth this winter!