The Hotel Hershey Winter Guide 2023
Everything You Need To Know For A Sweet Stay In Hershey, PA
Opened by chocolatier Milton S. Hershey in 1933, The Hotel Hershey is a one-of-a-kind destination with rich history. Situated high atop the town of Hershey, the resort is known for its refined elegance, signature service and abundant amenities and is a recipient of the Forbes Four-Star Award and the AAA Four-Diamond Award.
Planning a stay at this beautiful resort? We can't wait to welcome you! Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
From the moment you arrive at The Hotel Hershey, you'll experience the kind of hospitality you can only find in The Sweetest Place On Earth starting with check-in. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
The Sweetest Check-In
Did you know that each stay at The Hotel Hershey begins with chocolate at check-in? You'll receive a full-size Hershey's bar to start your getaway in the sweetest way. Check-in is after 4 p.m., and check-out is before 12 p.m.
Please view our guest room amenities and services.
Activities & Recreation
Once you're checked in, be sure to take advantage of the activities and recreation available across the resort. On weekends, The Hotel Hershey offers a schedule of family-friendly activities for guests ranging from chocolate bingo to Hershey Character appearances, crafts, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes, or you can pick up a schedule at check-in.
Or, book a unique adventure experience, such as rock climbing, hiking, sporting clays and more, with Adventure Explorations. Cost varies for each activity and includes all gear, expert guides, snacks, water and safety equipment. Reservations can be made online at AdventureExplorations.com, by calling or texting 888-238-3975, or by visiting the Outfitters Building in Harvest Plaza.
Free Resort Benefits
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of The Hotel Hershey receive FREE Resort Benefits, including preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, and complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
- River Otters Cuddling at ZooAmerica 2022_Credit to Erika JRiver otters can be found in rivers throughout Pennsylvania. The presence of this water weasel indicates that the water is clean. At ZooAmerica, Link and Iris, both 14 years old, can often be found swimming in their pool or snuggled up together on land while they sleep.
- Black Bear on Rock at ZooAmerica 2022
- Hershey Gardens in Winter
- Butterflies at Hershey Gardens
- The Hershey Story Museum
- Enhancements at The Hershey Story Museum
- The Hershey Story Chocolate Lab
Guests of The Hotel Hershey can find a variety of restaurants on property ranging from grab-and-go to fine dining. Reservations are accepted at select locations. Visit TheHotelHershey.com/Dining for hours and more info. Options include:
- The Circular, The Hotel Hershey's flagship restaurant
- Harvest, serving farm-to-fork American cuisine
- Trevi 5, a modern Italian grill
- Iberian Lounge, serving lite fare and signature chocolate cocktails
- Chef's Market, an all-day café serving coffee, chef-prepared food and decadent chocolate treats on the go
Other options around town include Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak in downtown Hershey and The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
- The Circular
- Milton Table at The Circular at The Hotel Hershey
- Harvest at The Hotel Hershey
- Bavarian Pretzel Cheese Board from HarvestPhoto credit: @mwacker7 on Instagram
- Trevi 5
- Margherita Pizza from Trevi 5
- Iberian Lounge at The Hotel Hershey
- Whiskey at Iberian Lounge
- Iberian Lounge
- Signature Kisses Martini
- Chef's Market Goodies Case
Schedule A Spa Treatment
During your getaway, make time for some sweet relaxation at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey. Affectionately known as the Chocolate Spa, the spa is famous for its signature chocolate treatments, such as a Whipped Cocoa Bath, Chocolate Fondue Wrap and Cocoa Massage. However, this winter, guests can also indulge in a collection of decadent Peppermint Hot Chocolate treatments through Jan. 31 and Peppermint Mocha treatments through Feb. 28. Call 844-330-1797 to book your appointment.
Bring Home A Sweet Souvenir
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside The Shops At The Hotel Hershey for souvenirs, such as Hershey's chocolate, apparel, accessories and more. Gift bags, baskets, and shipping are available for in-store purchases. Plus, Chic Boutique has introduced a new space now featuring lululemon and Vuori apparel.