The Hotel Hershey Wine & Food Festival returns for 10th year Sept. 6-8
Interview and photo opportunities available upon request.
Photos available for download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jqgs8u29agfu5df/AAC1OQaJDtOGf15On6lganvEa?dl=0
The Hotel Hershey’s annual Wine & Food Festival returns for the 10th year Sept. 6-8, 2019. New this year are a rosé tasting class and a guided tasting with the first female winemaker of the year. A schedule of the weekend’s six events is below with something for everyone, from wine novice to wine connoisseur.
Friday, Sept. 6
- Wine, Dine & Punchlines | Something To Wine About Comedy Show: a wine reception hosted by Dan Brennan, winemaker and owner of Decibel Wines, followed by “Something To Wine About” comedy show featuring Laurie Forster, The Stand Up Sommelier. Event includes heavy hors d’oeuvres and wine selections.
- Reception at 7 p.m. in Fountain Lobby, comedy show at 8 p.m. in Castilian Ballroom
- $96 per person
Saturday, Sept. 7
- NEW Passport to Rosé: a guided tasting of five rosés from around the world and a chef’s selection of finger sandwiches.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Castilian Ballroom
- $45 per person
- NEW Cheers From Chateau St. Jean: a guided tasting with the first female winemaker of the year, Margo Van Staaveren, who will join us live via video call from Chateau St. Jean Winery in Sonoma. Enjoy a curated selection of meats and domestic and international cheeses with grilled breads, crisp lavosh and toasted crostini.
- 2:30-4:30 p.m., Starlight Terrace Ballroom
- $64 per person
- Georges Duboeuf Wine Dinner: meet and mingle with wine enthusiasts during a five-course meal paired with delicious Georges Duboeuf wines.
- Reception at 6:45 p.m. on Mezzanine, dinner at 7:30 p.m. in Castilian Ballroom
- $120 per person
Sunday, Sept. 8
- VIP Winemaker Breakfast: enjoy a breakfast buffet and welcome mimosa with winemakers from the Grand Tasting. (Grand Tasting registration and wristband pickup is also available during breakfast).
- 10:30-11:30 a.m., Garden Terrace West Ballroom
- $35 per person
- Grand Tasting: stroll the beautiful Formal Gardens at The Hotel Hershey and enjoy live jazz entertainment and samplings from more than 60 international and domestic wineries, a selection of domestic breweries and award-winning chefs in Hershey, PA.
- Noon-4 p.m.
- $75 per person; $25 per designated driver (food only)
Reservations are required for all events except the Grand Tasting and can be made by calling 717-534-8800. Grand Tasting reservations are recommended, but walk-up registration will also be available. Additional information about The Hotel Hershey Wine & Food Festival weekend can be found at HersheyPA.com/WineAndFoodFestival.
About The Hotel Hershey: The Hotel Hershey is a one-of-a-kind resort complete with 276 guest rooms and 25,000 square feet of meeting and function space. The 1930s hotel is known for its refined elegance, signature service, and abundant amenities. The Hotel Hershey is situated high atop the town of Hershey and features a Mediterranean design, The Spa At The Hotel Hershey full service spa, majestic formal gardens, fountains, reflecting pools and terraces. The property is also a member of Historic Hotels of America. Opened in 1934 by Milton S. Hershey, The Circular is The Hotel Hershey’s flagship restaurant. The Circular restaurant serves upscale casual cuisine and innovative cocktails in a unique atmosphere. For additional information about The Hotel Hershey, visit www.TheHotelHershey.com or follow www.Facebook.com/TheHotelHershey.
© 2019 Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. All words, designs, and phrases appearing in bold, italics, and/or with the symbol ®, SM, or TM are trademarks owned or used by Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company under license or with permission. All rights reserved.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company is proud to help fulfill the dream of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, by providing value to Milton Hershey School® in its mission of helping students lead happy, healthy, and fulfilling lives - just as Mr. Hershey intended. Learn more at mhskids.org.