The Hotel Hershey Guide: Summer 2022
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR A SWEET STAY IN HERSHEY, PA
Opened by chocolatier Milton S. Hershey in 1933, The Hotel Hershey is a one-of-a-kind destination with rich history. Situated high atop the town of Hershey, the resort is known for its refined elegance, signature service and abundant amenities and is a recipient of the Forbes Four-Star Award and the AAA Four-Diamond Award.
Planning a stay at this beautiful resort? We can't wait to welcome you! Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
From the moment you arrive at The Hotel Hershey, you'll experience the kind of hospitality you can only find in The Sweetest Place On Earth starting with check-in. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
The Sweetest Check-In
Did you know that each stay at The Hotel Hershey begins with chocolate at check-in? You'll receive a full-size Hershey's bar to start your getaway in the sweetest way. Check-in is after 4 p.m., and check-out is before 12 p.m.
Please view our guest room amenities and services.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
Once you're checked in, be sure to take advantage of activities and recreation available across the resort. Daily in the summer, The Hotel Hershey offers a schedule of family-friendly activities for guests ranging from s'mores roasts to chocolate bingo to Hershey Character appearances, glow putting, scavenger hunts, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes, or you can pick up a schedule at check-in.
Guests can also take advantage of recreation on property, including 5.5 miles of hiking trails, daily fitness classes, an 18-hole putting course, disc golf, and an outdoor sports complex featuring basketball, volleyball, tennis, pickleball, croquet, Spikeball, bocce ball, shuffleboard, cornhole and soccer.
Splash at the pool
Don't forget to pack your swimsuits and sunscreen! From May 27 through Labor Day, weather permitting, our outdoor pool complex is open daily for guests to enjoy. View hours. The complex features an infinity edge adult (18+) pool and whirlpool, family pool with zero-grade entry, two large slides, a kiddie spray deck and a poolside cafe. For ultimate poolside relaxation, 14 cabanas surrounding the pool are available for rental, each featuring a 32-inch flat-screen TV, ceiling fan, table and chairs, three private lounge chairs, refrigerator, bottled water and snack basket. An indoor pool complex with a whirlpool and splash pad is also open daily.
EXCLUSIVE HERSHEYPARK BENEFITS
If you're planning a visit to Hersheypark during your stay, be sure to take advantage of all of the perks that come with being a guest of one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark! All guests of The Hotel Hershey receive the below FREE Resort Benefits:
- Extra hours at Hersheypark with Sweet Start and Preview Plan
- Sweet Start: Resort guests and Season Pass Holders enjoy 1-hour early access to select rides during the daily Summer season (available May 26 through Sept. 5, 2022).
- Preview Plan: Resort guests enjoy up to 3 extra evening hours the night before their full-day visit. Simply, present your ticket at the main entrance and enjoy a fun-filled evening.
- FREE front gate shuttle service to the all-new exclusive resort drop-off location at Hersheypark
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
Hersheypark is open for the summer season on weekends in May, with daily operations from Memorial Day through Labor Day. View hours here. Included in admission, guests can enjoy The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park open from May 28 through Sept. 5. Plus, two new Jolly Rancher attraction experiences are now open!
MORE FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of The Hotel Hershey receive additional FREE Resort Benefits, including access to 2 award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club, preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, and complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more. Note: Entrance to ZooAmerica is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark only when entered via the Hersheypark bridge during park hours.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens, including spring tulips, more than 5,000 roses in the summer, and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world. The atrium is one of only 25 year-round indoor tropical butterfly atriums in the U.S.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
Guests of The Hotel Hershey can find a variety of restaurants on property ranging from grab-and-go to fine dining. Reservations are accepted at select locations. Visit TheHotelHershey.com/Dining for hours and more info. Options include:
- The Circular, The Hotel Hershey's flagship restaurant
- Harvest, serving farm-to-fork American cuisine
- Trevi 5, a modern Italian grill
- Iberian Lounge, serving lite fare and signature chocolate cocktails
- Chef's Market, an all-day café serving coffee, chef-prepared food and decadent chocolate treats on the go
Other options around town include Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak in downtown Hershey and The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. Note: A Hersheypark ticket is not required.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
- The Circular
- Tasting of Chocolate for Two at The Circular
- Milton Table at The Circular at The Hotel Hershey
- Harvest at The Hotel Hershey
- Harvest Bavarian Pretzel Cheese Board (Photo courtesy of Steve Turchin)
- Tavern at Harvest
- Trevi 5 at The Hotel Hershey
- Margherita Pizza from Trevi 5
- Iberian Lounge
- Hershey's Kisses Signature Chocolate Martini
- Iberian Lounge at The Hotel Hershey
- Chef's Market Goodies Case
- Chef's Market Package
SCHEDULE A SPA TREATMENT
During your getaway, make time for some sweet relaxation at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey. Affectionately known as the Chocolate Spa, the spa is famous for its signature chocolate treatments. Guests can indulge in a decadent collection complete with Whipped Cocoa Bath, Chocolate Fondue Wrap, Cocoa Massage, and more. The Spa also offers traditional spa treatments and seasonal treatments and packages as well as services that pay homage to Cuba, where Milton S. Hershey owned sugar mills from 1916 to 1946. Learn more about The Spa, and call 844-330-1797 to book your appointment.
BRING HOME A SWEET SOUVENIR
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside The Shops At The Hotel Hershey for souvenirs, such as Hershey's chocolate, giftware, apparel, accessories and more. Gift bags, baskets, and shipping are available for in-store purchase.