September 2015 Sweet Happenings
- With Labor Day a little later this year, there is still time to make the most of extra summer days with a visit to Hersheypark! The Boardwalk is open until Labor Day, September 7, and high energy entertainment is still in high gear. After Labor Day, you can enjoy the "dry" rides, including the Park's 13 exhilarating roller coasters, during every September weekend. For hours and information, please visit Hersheypark.com. Facebook.com/Hersheypark I Instagram.com/Hersheypark I Twitter.com/Hersheypark
- ZooAmerica North America Wildlife Park is open daily year round and makes a great family outing! Visit ZooAmerica.com for hours and information.
- Sunday, September 6th: Nick Jonas
- Friday, September 11th to Sunday, September 13th: Gospel Music Festival
- Tuesday, September 15th to Sunday, September 20th: Once
- Wednesday, September 26th: Hershey Symphony presents “The Magical Music of Disney”
- Saturday, September 5th: Zac Brown Band and Gregg Allman
THE HOTEL HERSHEY AND HERSHEY LODGE
- Remember September Package
- Available Friday and Saturday nights, September 11-27
- Deluxe accommodations
- Cookies and milk delivery
- One-day admission to Hersheypark
- Admission to Hershey Gardens
- Admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience
- For a full list of packages and savings, visit TheHotelHershey.com and www.HersheyLodge.com.
- Live Jazz in the Iberian Lounge at The Hotel Hershey, 8 – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, September 5: Wave Quartet
- Friday, September 11: Wave Quartet
- Saturday, September 12: Jazz Me
- Saturday, September 19: Ziggy Isaacs Trio
- Saturday, September 26: The Cocoa Avenue Blues Band
- The Hotel Hershey Wine & Food Festival: September 11 – 13
A listing of events:
- Friday, September 11, 7 p.m.: Wine, Dine and Punch Lines
- Saturday, September 12, 8:30 a.m.: Vine to Wine at Waltz Vineyards Estate Winery
- Saturday, September 12, 2 p.m.: Trinchero Bordeaux Blending Class
- Saturday, September 12, 6 p.m.: Pio Cesare Wine Dinner
- Sunday, September 13, 10 a.m.: VIP Winemaker Breakfast
- Sunday, September 13, noon: Grand Tasting
THE SPA AT THE HOTEL HERSHEY
- Through October 31:
- Red, Red Wine Package ($245 Mon-Thurs, $265 Fri-Sun):
- Featuring natural grape antioxidants to exfoliate and moisturize, this package includes a soaking tub, body scrub, manicure, pedicure, glass of wine and lunch in The Oasis (the Spa’s guest-only dining room).
- Vineyard Hands & Feet ($140 Mon-Thurs, $150 Fri-Sun):
- The ultimate in pampering features wine scrubs and moisturizers with a manicure and pedicure, and a glass of wine.
- Red, Red Wine Package ($245 Mon-Thurs, $265 Fri-Sun):
- For a full list of treatments and packages, visit ChocolateSpa.com.
CHOCOLATE TOWN CHALLENGES
- Sunday, September 13: The Tour de Chocolate Town bike tour takes cyclists through Hershey and neighboring towns to raise funds for Children’s Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. The Tour de Chocolate Town features four different bicycle routes that are designed to appeal to all riding levels. Choose from 4 courses:
- Beginner 17.5 mile
- Intermediate 35 mile
- 65 or 100 mile century ride.
All routes begin and end at Hersheypark Stadium.
THE HERSHEY STORY, THE MUSEUM ON CHOCOLATE AVENUE
- Friday, September 11, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.: Sensory Friendly Evening at The Hershey Story Museum. Museum open for guests with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other special sensory needs. Includes interactive exhibits and a walk-up activity in the Chocolate Lab. $8.50; one adult admitted free per family or group. Call 717.520.5587 or email Info@HersheyStory.org to register; pre-visit stories available at HersheyStory.org under “Plan Your Visit.”
- Sunday, September 13, 6:30 p.m.: Milton Hershey's Birthday Celebration. Celebrate what would have been Milton Hershey’s 158th birthday at ChocolateTown Square. Enjoy music by The Tunesters of Central Pennsylvania, cupcakes compliments of Milton Hershey School and chocolate bars courtesy of The Hershey Company. (Rain location - The Hershey Story Museum) Free
- Saturday, September 26, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.: “Museum Day Live!” at The Hershey Story Museum. Free Museum Experience admission to guests who present a “Museum Day Live” ticket. Each ticket provides admission for up to two individuals; one ticket per household. Download at Smithsonian.com/museumday.
- Daily in September: Chocolate Lab Classes: Classes include Build a Bar, Chocolate by Design, Planet Chocolate and Be a Chocolate Worker. Visit org for a complete class schedule. Ticket purchase required; children must be 4 years old for the lab.
- Saturday, September 26, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Fall Fest at Hershey Gardens. Autumn activities for the whole family including fall gardening tips, scarecrow stuffing, pumpkin painting, a story with a scarecrow and more. Included with Gardens admission.
HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD
- NEW for 2015, sample a flight of our seasonal desserts at the Flavors of Fall Dessert Festival! Venture to five locations inside HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD Attraction and enjoy a new dessert at each stop. This is the best way to get a taste of all the decadent fresh baked desserts our Bakery offers. The tasting event begins September 11th and runs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until November 1st during operating hours. Tickets can be purchased at our Central Ticketing counter.
- Immerse yourself in the flavorful world of chocolate in the NEW Chocolate Tasting Experience! Before you leave, make sure to choose your favorites at NEW Amazing Candy Machine.
- Enjoy fresh baked cookies from The Bakery! Join the Hershey’s Characters at 10:30am every morning as they parade to Hershey’s Cocoa and Coffee with fresh baked goodness.