One Sweet Minute: Things to do in Hershey, PA in October 2019
Hersheypark In The Dark returns for three sweet weekends
- Hersheypark will transform into Hersheypark In The Dark Fridays through Sundays Oct. 19-Nov. 3.
- More than 50 rides and attractions will be open (weather permitting) with unique dark ride opportunities. Guests can experience a lights-out ride on three wooden roller coasters during the last hour of operation each evening. The indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster will also be dark throughout Park operation.
- A trick-or-treat trail with 13 spooky stops will be set up for children 12 and under throughout Treatville trick-or-treat trail in Hersheypark, ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park and Hershey Hallow in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction.
- Live entertainment will include “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies performing throwback Halloween tunes; a Hershey Characters Glow Dance Party; and performances from “Our Friends from the Sea” on select dates and times.
- Guests can enjoy festive fall food like Pumpkin King Size Shakes, a pumpkin funnel cake sundae and s’mores made with cookies and peanut butter cups.
- One-day admission is $41.95 for ages 9 to 54 and $31.95 for ages 3 to 8 and ages 55 and older. Children 2 and younger are free.
Creatures Of The Night Returns at ZooAmerica
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park is open daily at 10 a.m. in October with Creatures Of The Night attraction starting at 6 p.m. on Oct. 18-20, Oct. 25-27 and Nov. 1-3. This unique Halloween-themed experience is the only time of year ZooAmerica is open after dark.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their flashlight to ZooAmerica for a nighttime tour during the Creatures Of The Night attraction. It is a fun way to observe the nighttime habits of nocturnal animals at the zoo.
- Other activities include a Touch-A-Reptile location, Truth Or Tale? educational program, a trick-or-treating stop, and more.
- Creatures Of The Night is included in admission to Hersheypark In The Dark when entered via a walkway bridge in the Kissing Tower Hill area of the Park. Separate paid admission is also available at the zoo’s off-street entrance.
Run The Sweetest Race
- Every October, Hershey welcomes thousands of runners for the Hershey Half Marathon. The 10th annual race runs through town on Sunday, Oct. 20.
- Runners will enjoy 13.1 sweet miles through Hersheypark and by iconic Hershey locations, including High Point Mansion and Milton Hershey School, all while supporting Children's Miracle Network at Penn State Children’s Hospital.
- New this year, the Conquer Run 5k, benefiting Four Diamonds, will be held the same day, Oct. 20! Two great ways to support Penn State Children's Hospital.
Troegs Independent Brewing Dinner
- The Hotel Hershey culinary team is partnering up with Troegs Independent Brewing to bring guests a 4-course dinner, each course paired with one of your favorite Troegs beers from 5-9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17.
- Guests will enjoy delicious pairings crafted by our award-winning chefs, such as Pan-Seared Sea Scallops with Troegs Hop Knife Harvest IPA and Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake with Dream Weaver Wheat. The dinner is $65 per person.
- Reservations are recommended. Call 717-534-8800 or visit TheHotelHershey.com/dining/harvest.php to reserve your seat.
Cheer on the Hershey Bears
- Show your support for Hershey's hometown hockey team at one of four home games this month, including their home opener, as they kick off their 2019-20 season.
PUMPKIN PAMPERING AT MELTSPA BY HERSHEY AND THE SPA AT THE HOTEL HERSHEY
- MeltSpa by Hershey day spa is offering an exclusive Pumpkin Spice Collection, available through Nov. 30. Treatments include body scrub, body wrap, manicure, pedicure and immersion. A Pumpkin Spice package is also available for complete fall pampering.
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa is featuring Pumpkin and Spiced Orange Cider treatments through Nov. 30.
Sweet October Entertainment
- Giant Center
- Hershey Theatre
Swing By Live On The Lawn
- Every Thursday from 2:30-9 p.m. through Oct. 10, enjoy live music, lawn games, a specialty grill menu and craft beer at Cocoa Beanery on Research Boulevard.
- Stop by between 2:30 and 6:30 p.m. and enjoy an afternoon overflowing with farm fresh goods and live music at the Farmers Market in Hershey. Then, enjoy an evening of free live music provided by local and regional musicians. Don't forget your blankets and lawn chairs!
- This month's lineup includes:
- Oct. 3: Olivia Farabaugh (classic hits)
- Oct. 10: Steve Dincau (classic hits)