One Sweet Minute: Things to do in September 2019 in Hershey, PA
EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY AT THE HOTEL HERSHEY WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL
- The 10th annual festival takes place Sept. 6-8 and features six interactive events and activities that celebrate the passion of wine and food.
- New this year are a rosé tasting class called Passport to Rosé and a guided tasting with the first female winemaker of the year called Cheers From Chateau St. Jean.
- The main event, the Grand Tasting, takes place on Sept. 8 and features more than 60 wineries from around the world as well as a selection of local breweries, food samples from HE&R's award-winning chefs, and live jazz entertainment.
Hersheypark is open weekends in September
- Summer may soon be coming to an end, but there is still some time to savor the season at Hersheypark as summer tickets are valid until Sept 29. The amusement park is open Saturdays in September from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sundays in September from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. This means you can get in one (or more) coaster rides before Hersheypark transitions into fall with Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction.
- Included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark is some sweet entertainment for guests to enjoy throughout September. Our Friends from the Sea, an educational show featuring California sea lions and Atlantic harbor seals, will continue to take place in the Aquatheatre at 11:45 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily through Sept. 29. The following shows are also coming to the Chevrolet Music Box Theatre inside Hersheypark this month.
- Aug. 31: Phil Dirt & The Dozers
- Sept. 1: Mark Chesnutt
- Sept. 7: Pentagon
- Sept. 8: Bowzer's Rock 'N' Roll Party
- Sept. 14: The Lettermen
- Sept. 15: Kristian Bush
- Sept. 21: Blessid Union of Souls
- Sept. 22: Erich Cawalla and the Uptown Band
- Sept. 28: The Fabulous Greaseband
- Sept. 29: Chris Linn
Sweet September Entertainment
- Hershey Theatre
- "Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" will be in town on September 10-15 for eight sweet shows.
- Hershey Symphony: Cirque de la Symphonie has two performances on Saturday, September 21 at 2 and 8 p.m.
- The Price is Right Live™ will come on down to Hershey on Thursday, September 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Hersheypark Stadium
- Backstreet Boys rescheduled concert will take place on Monday, September 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Grab your tickets to these shows at HersheyEntertainment.com!
Animal Tales Returns to ZooAmerica Tuesdays in September
- Do you have a preschooler or kindergartener who loves animals? The Animal Tales program at ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park is the perfect Tuesday outing as we bid farewell to summer! Ideal for children ages 3-5, Animal Tales includes an animal-friendly story, craft activity, short walk around the zoo, snack and special meeting with different animals each week. The program is held on Sept. 3, 10, 17 and 24 at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Parents or guardians may sign up their child for a single day session for $30.00 or all four sessions for $95.00 (a 20% savings!). Current ZooAmerica annual pass holders and Hersheypark season pass holders will receive a special pass rate per session of $25.00 or $75.00 for all four sessions. The fee includes one child and one adult. An additional $10.00 fee is charged for siblings.
Fall-inspired pampering at MeltSpa by Hershey and The Spa At The Hotel Hershey
- MeltSpa by Hershey day spa is offering an exclusive Pumpkin Spice Collection, available through Nov. 30. Treatments include body scrub, body wrap, manicure, pedicure and immersion. A Pumpkin Spice package is also available for complete fall pampering.
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa is featuring Spiced Orange Cider manicures and pedicures through Nov. 30.
SWING BY LIVE ON THE LAWN
- Every Thursday from 2:30-9 p.m., enjoy live music, lawn games, a specialty grill menu and craft beer at Cocoa Beanery on Research Boulevard.
- Stop by between 2:30 and 6:30 p.m. and enjoy an afternoon overflowing with farm fresh goods and live music at the Farmers Market in Hershey. Then, enjoy an evening of free live music provided by local and regional musicians. Don't forget your blankets and lawn chairs!
- This month's lineup includes:
- Sept. 5: Matt Miskie (folk and American classics)
- Sept. 12: John Derk (classic hits on keyboards/guitar)
- Sept. 19: Paul Zavinsky (soft rock, folk, country, blues and jazz)
- Sept. 26: Open Mic Night with Hank Imhof (Sign up for a time slot on Cocoa Beanery’s Facebook page)
We're Hiring! Join Us At The Hersheypark and Giant Center Job Fair!
- Hersheypark and Giant Center are hiring for the fall and winter seasons! Apply and interview on the spot for a job with the sweetest perks in town.
- 3-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18
- Giant Center, 550 Hersheypark Drive, Hershey