One Sweet Minute: August 2021 in Hershey, PA
THINGS TO DO IN HERSHEY, PA
Welcome, August! There are so many things to do in Hershey, PA this month. Keep scrolling for some of our top picks.
Live Concerts and Shows
The arrival of August means more entertainment in Hershey! This month, you can see an outdoor concert at Hersheypark Stadium, catch a show at GIANT Center, and enjoy an intimate concert at Hershey Theatre. Check out the lineup below.
- Phish will perform back-to-back shows on Tuesday, August 10 and Wednesday, August 11 at 7 p.m.
- Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer will bring the Hella Mega Tour on Friday, August 13 at 5:30 p.m.
- Zac Brown Band will return with The Comeback Tour on Saturday, August 21 at 7 p.m.
- Dead & Company will take the stage on Saturday, August 28 at 7 p.m.
Check out our tips for attending a concert at Hersheypark Stadium.
- James Taylor will visit on Thursday, August 19 at 7:30 p.m. with special guest Jackson Browne
- The world-famous Harlem Globetrotters will make a slam dunk on Sunday, August 29 at 2 p.m.
- Rock band Squeeze will visit on Sunday, August 8 at 8 p.m.
- Brit Floyd presented by Harrisburg University will perform two shows on Tuesday, August 24 and Wednesday, August 25 at 7 p.m.
Beat the Summer Heat at The Boardwalk
Looking to cool off this summer? The Boardwalk At Hersheypark is calling your name. The 11-acre water park features more than one million gallons of water and 16 water attractions with something for everyone. Guests can catch a wave in the 378,000-gallon wave pool, relax on the 1,360-foot lazy river, rocket through high-speed tunnels on Breakers Edge Water Coaster, and make a splash at various kiddie attractions. The best part is that The Boardwalk is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark through September 6!
New Entertainment Offerings at Hersheypark
Hersheypark is the sweetest place to be this month to celebrate National S’mores Day on August 10 and National Roller Coaster Day on August 16. Plus, guests can enjoy some new entertainment offerings for the second half of the summer season. The best part? They are included with admission!
Guests entering the Park each morning will be greeted by their favorite Hershey Characters with a Sweet Hello across from the HPGO building daily between 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It’s the perfect opportunity to wave hello to the classic candies as you kick off a Hersheypark Happy day. New Sweet Greets throughout the Park also allow guests to snap a photo or selfie with some of the Hershey Characters. Please check the app for character locations and times.
In late July, Pepsi and Hersheypark unveiled Pepsi Pop Star, a first-of-its-kind, immersive entertainment experience where you create an avatar that looks just like you to dance to today’s biggest hits. Inspired by the brand’s deep history and roots in music and entertainment, Pepsi Pop Star is the ultimate stop for the whole family to unapologetically unleash their inner pop stars.
See New Animals at ZooAmerica
It’s been a busy few months at ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park! The team recently celebrated the birth of 12 prairie dog pups and two Canada lynx kittens, and welcomed a female alligator snapping turtle from the St. Louis Zoo. Learn more about these sweet, new arrivals here.
ZooAmerica is open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on August 1-15 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on August 16-31. Regular admission for guests ages 9-61 is $13. Juniors and seniors are $11 and children 2 and younger are free. ZooAmerica is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark when entering the zoo through the Hersheypark bridge during posted park hours.
SUMMER RELAXATION AT SPAS IN HERSHEY
Did someone say spa day? Nothing says summer quite like the Cuban-inspired collection at MeltSpa by Hershey, inspired by the rich history of Milton and Catherine Hershey.
Or, for more pampering, unwind and spend the day at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey with popular packages including Vacation For A Day and Sweet Chocolate Relaxation.
SWEET OVERNIGHT GETAWAYS
With so much to do in Hershey, we recommend extending your visit and making sweet family memories with a multi-night stay at the Official Resorts of Hersheypark! On select dates this month, you can save big with our summer packages, including the all-new 3-Night Sweet Stay Package at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge. This package packs 3x the fun with 3-day admission to Hersheypark, a Games Value Pack, souvenir cup with unlimited refills, and a 3-day photo pass.
Additional packages and offers at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark this month include:
- 2-Day Stay & Play Package at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge
- Kids Stay, Play & Eat FREE at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge
- Hersheypark Package at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge
- Hersheypark Camping Package at Hersheypark Camping Resort
Be sure to check out our summer guide to The Official Resorts of Hersheypark to make it the sweetest getaway, EVER!
- The Hotel Hershey Exterior
- Fountain Lobby
- The Hotel Hershey Veranda Firepit
- The Hotel Hershey Outdoor Pool
- The Hotel Hershey Outdoor Pool
- Hershey Lodge Exterior Summer
- Hershey Lodge Guest Room
- Reese's Water Walk at Hershey Lodge Indoor Pool Complex
- Hershey Lodge Mini Golf
- Hershey Lodge Outdoor Pool
- Hersheypark Camping Resort Summer
- RV at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Hersheypark Camping Resort
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabin at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Hersheypark Camping Resort Pool