One Mom's Take on a Hersheypark Season Pass
This story was originally published on mommyknowswhatsbest.com. Marissa is the owner of Mommy Knows Whats Best blog and part of the Sweetest Families program with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
Hersheypark Season Pass: Is It Worth It?
Thinking about a Hersheypark Season Pass this year? Learn about all of the benefits of a Hersheypark season pass holder!
Hersheypark is one of the sweetest places to go for family fun. While many people choose to visit one or two times a year, many others love the ability to to visit all year long by getting season passes.
Being a Hersheypark Season Pass Holder has so many benefits, but is it worth it? Read on to find out if getting a Hersheypark Season Pass is right for you and your family.
As a member of the 2021 Sweetest Families, my family and I have been gifted Hersheypark Season Passes to use throughout the year so that we could get a real taste of what it’s like to be season pass holders. All opinions are mine based on experience.
How Much Are Hersheypark Season Passes?
The price of a Hersheypark Season Pass depends on a number of things, including:
- the level of season pass you purchase
- any add-ons you purchase
Season passes can be anywhere between $154-$235 plus tax as of 2021, not including add-ons.
To put the price in perspective, it costs $74.95 plus tax for a one day ticket to Hersheypark. A season pass is basically less than the price of three visits, and you get to visit all year long and get awesome benefits!
Hersheypark Season Passes Payment Plan
Is there a payment plan for Hersheypark Season Passes? According to what I’ve read, a payment plan may be available for season passes in the fall after the summer season ends. Those passes would then be able to be used the next year.
A variety of different payment plans may be available. The option to have payment plans may end closer to the start of the summer season. More information should be available here at the end of the summer season.
Levels of Hersheypark Season Passes
There are three different levels of Hersheypark season passes:
- Bite Size
- Full Size
- King Size
Notice the reference to candy bar sizes? Gotta love that!
Hersheypark Season Pass Perks
Each pass level gets a certain number of pretty cool perks.
A Bite Size Pass is the base level pass. Included in a Bite Size Pass is:
- Unlimited Summer visits
- Unlimited Springtime in the Park visits
- Unlimited Hersheypark in the Dark visits
- Unlimited Hersheypark Christmas Candylane visits
- Unlimited ZooAmerica visits
- 50% off General Parking
A Full Size Pass is the next level up. Included with a Full Size Pass is everything that the Bite Size Pass offers plus:
- Free parking
- Access to the Season Pass Holder parking lot
- 15% off food and drink
- 15% off retail
- 1-Hour Early Access (Sweet Start)
- Year-Round Events
- 20% discount on Hersheypark tickets
- BOGO Games
- Monthly Rewards Program (extra coupons, deals, etc)
- Priority booking of Cabanas in The Boardwalk
Note: This is the level of season passes that we have.
A King Size Pass is the top level of passes. A King Size Pass includes everything a Full Size Pass offers, PLUS:
- 35% discount on Hersheypark tickets
- Free all-year drink plan
- 1 complimentary Springtime or Summer ticket
- 1 complimentary Halloween or Christmas ticket
- King Size Pass Holder Appreciation bag (drinking cup and various other items)
- 15% off All-Year Fast Track
Bonus! Did you know that you can use your Hersheypark season pass to get a discount at Hershey's Chocolate World? You can use your pass to get a 15% off discount on merchandise that isn’t already on sale.
What Can You Add On to a Season Pass?
There are a number of add-ons that can be attached to a Hersheypark Season Pass, including:
- dining deals
- Fast Track
- drink plans
- photo pass
- games value pack
- admission to the Hershey Gardens and the Hershey Story Museum
I added on the All-Year Drink Plan to my season pass. With that, I was given a special Hersheypark cup that I could use to fill with a fountain drink or Slush every 10 minutes at one of the various refill stations when you scan your season pass.
TIP! Fellow season pass holders have said that it’s easier to scan the pass from the Season Pass Holder Portal than the actual card. Keep that in mind if you get the drink plan!
- Family in Candymonium Plaza at Hersheypark
- Wave Swinger With Riders at Hersheypark 2021
- Candymonium with Riders at Hersheypark 2021
- Monorail at Hersheypark 2021
- Great Bear with Riders at Hersheypark 2021
- Marketing 1
- Kids at The Boardwalk at Hersheypark
- The Boardwalk at Hersheypark_Lazy River
- Hersheypark Supply Co. Interior
- The Boardwalk At Hersheypark
- 19-Hershey Characters and Family at Candymonium
Around Town Discounts
Did you know that you could use Hersheypark Season Passes for discounts around the Hershey area?
Here is a list of additional discounts around town:
- 15% off spa services at MeltSpa
- 10% off The Spa at The Hotel Hershey
- 10% off dining and entertainment at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts properties
- 15% off merchandise and dining at Hershey's Chocolate World
- 10% off dining at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
- 15% off food and retail at ZooAmerica
Some of the dining options outside of Hersheypark or the Resorts include Houlihan’s, Devon Seafood and Steak, and Cocoa Beanery.
I have visited Houlihan’s myself and everything was delicious!
It’s a good idea to bring your pass with you wherever you go in Hershey in case you can use your pass for a discount!
Hersheypark Season Pass Self Service
To access all of the sweet perks of a Hersheypark Season Pass, pass holders use the Hersheypark Season Pass Self Service Portal. Inside, pass holders can access digital Season Passes (which yes, can be used to get in the park), link family passes together, purchase add-ons, redeem in-park coupons, update account information, and more!
For King Size and Full Size Pass Holders, discounted tickets and complimentary tickets can be purchased or redeemed through the portal.
Note: Bite Size Pass Holder? You must purchase your parking pass through the account to receive the 50% discount on General Parking.
While the Self Service Portal within the Hersheypark app can be a tad slow at times, it has all the information you need.
Can Season Pass Holders Bring a Friend?
Yes, Hersheypark Season Pass Holders can bring a friend (the more the merrier!). The friend or family member would need a ticket, and depending on the level of pass the ticket could be a discounted or complimentary ticket from the Season Pass Holder Portal (for Full Size and King Size).
Those with the complimentary tickets or the discounted tickets bought through the Pass Holder Portal may enter an hour early during Sweet Start.
- Hersheypark In The Dark Characters
- Skyrush during Hersheypark In The Dark
- Front Gate in Spring
- Evening Rides Hersheypark In the Dark
- Ferris Wheel
- Wave Swinger During Hersheypark In The Dark
- Skyview at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Frontier Flyers with Lights at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Front Entrance
- The Claw with Lights at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Lights 3
- Hersheypark Front Gate Daytime Christmas Candylane