How To Have a 'Sweet' Fourth Of July
Celebrate Independence Day in a ‘sweet’ way in Hershey The Sweetest Place On Earth! Attend A Star-Spangled Picnic, free concert, or live jazz performance, and, of course, be sure to catch the notorious Hersheypark fireworks. Browse our ‘sweet’ events below to see how you can celebrate Independence Day in Hershey this weekend.
- A Star-Spangled Picnic, Pioneer Frontier Catering Pavilion, July 2, 3, or 4, 5 – 8 p.m.
- Join us for an all you care to eat picnic Saturday, Sunday, or Monday! Enjoy a delicious spread of hamburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork BBQ, fruit salad, potato salad, chips, ice cream novelties, and Pepsi products. A cash bar will also be available. Purchase your tickets online or day-of at Hospitality Services for $15 per person.
- Dance, Dance, Dance: America!, Chevrolet Music Box Theatre, Daily, 12:30, 2, 3:30, 5 & 6:30 p.m.
- Experience the dancing rhythms of America on a musical journey through time, from our founding roots to new frontiers. Ignite your patriotic passion as we proudly salute our one and only Home Sweet Home!
- Opening Ceremonies, Main Entrance, July 4, 9:45 a.m.
- Join TheHersheypark Band at the Main Entrance for the playing of our national anthem to officially kick off Independence Day. Gates will open at 10 a.m.
- Fireworks, July 4, 10:15 p.m.
- The whole family will love our annual 4th of July fireworks display. Looking for the best place to watch in the Park? We love the view from Midway America!
- Please visit http://www.hersheypark.com/things-to-do/july-4.php for more information.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Join us as The Hershey Symphony presents their 11th annual free concert and fireworks on the lawn of Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center on Monday, July 4th.
- The orchestra’s performance entitled, “An American Salute” begins at 7:30 p.m., and Hersheypark fireworks can be seen at 10:15 p.m. The orchestra will perform a mixed selection of music including John Williams’ movie themes from Superman and E.T., music from Downton Abbey, a Mamma Mia medley, patriotic selections, and more!
- Complimentary water and ice cream will be provided, and food and drink will be offered for purchase by assorted food trucks.
- Parking is free and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets.
- Please visit http://www.hersheysymphony.org/2016July4th/ for more information.
The Hotel Hershey
- Jazz on the Veranda, Special Holiday Celebration with Jazz Me, July 4, 7 – 10 p.m.
- Swing by The Hotel Hershey on Monday, July 4th for a special holiday celebration with Jazz Me.
- Enjoy refreshing beverages, delicious food items, and a spectacular view of the Hersheypark fireworks while listening and dancing to the music of the rhythm and blues.
- Please visit http://www.thehotelhershey.com for more information.