#Hersheypark2018 Construction Begins!
On Aug. 8, we were thrilled to announce plans for not one, but two new attractions for 2018 in The Boardwalk at Hersheypark. Our biggest splash in nearly a decade will feature our 14th coaster - Breakers Edge℠ - and the longest mat racer in the world - Whitecap℠ Racer.
Construction began the day after Labor Day. Here's a quick overview of the progress so far:
- Lazy River drained
- Site demolition for caissons completed
- Areas being prepped for drilling of caissons (watertight retaining structures)
- Temporary bridge for river crossing installed
- Excavation for surge tanks has started
- Whitecap Racer tub assembly underway
We'll keep you posted on key milestones during construction but the most visual update so far in September was a special delivery from our ride partner ProSlide.
These colorful fiberglass elements of both rides are now on site, a sign of fun to come! The future queue line has been cleared by the former Roller Soaker building and the river crossing is starting to take shape.
Follow the progress right here and our #Hersheypark2018 conversation for more updates!