Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Returns Nov. 10 with More Weekend Hours for Holiday Fun
Seasonal Event Marks 40 Years of Delighting Guests With Lights, Rides & Reindeer
The holiday season kicks off in Hershey, Pa., on Nov. 10, 2023, with the opening of Hersheypark Christmas Candylane holiday attraction celebrating 40 years and Hershey Sweet Lights drive-through attraction marking 20 years.
From millions of lights and signature hot chocolate to amusement park rides and all nine of Santa’s reindeer, there is no place like The Sweetest Place On Earth for the holidays.
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane holiday attraction will open to the public on select dates from Nov. 10, 2023, through Jan. 1, 2024, with daily operations starting Dec. 14 (closed Christmas Day). The seasonal event will offer more weekend hours for holiday fun. Hours vary by day.
For 40 years, Hersheypark Christmas Candylane has delighted guests with a unique blend of only-in-Hershey holiday experiences that includes the most lights in Pennsylvania, the only place in the Northeast where guests can get a look at all nine of Santa’s reindeer, unique seasonal ride offerings and signature hot chocolate.
- Most Lights in Pennsylvania - More than five million sparkling lights - the most in Pennsylvania - deck the halls of Hersheypark amusement park in celebration of the season. The guest-favorite NOEL light show featuring more than 250,000 dancing lights choreographed to Christmas music returns nightly beginning at 5 p.m. in The Hollow region. Guests can view four different shows every half an hour from the three bridges overlooking Spring Creek or take a gondola-style ride on the Skyview attraction right over the lights.
- Unique Ride Offerings - New for 2023, guests can enjoy holiday thrills on seven coasters, including the new Wildcat’s Revenge hybrid coaster during its first winter, plus Candymonium, sooperdooperLooper, Jolly Rancher Remix, Wild Mouse, Cocoa Cruiser and the indoor glowing Laff Trakk, which is decorated for the holidays with a large Christmas tree in the center. Weather permitting, family-friendly rides and holiday favorites like Dry Gulch Railroad and Skyview are also available.
- Only Place in Northeast with All Nine Reindeer - For more than 25 years, Rudolph and his friends have made a special stop at Christmas Candylane. Guests can see all nine live reindeer at Santa’s Reindeer Stables inside Hersheypark during all hours of operation through Jan. 1. Trained reindeer experts will be on-site to answer guest questions. Hersheypark is the only place in the Northeast with this magical experience featuring all nine of Santa’s reindeer.
- Interactive Santa Experience - Santa is available during all hours of operation (with breaks noted on signage) for photos as part of an interactive experience with his elves under the former Carrousel Pavilion through Dec. 24.
- NEW Mrs. Claus’ Dance Party - New for 2023, guests can join Mrs. Claus to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with a bright and colorful Holiday Dance Party under the former Carrousel Pavillion at select times noted in the Hersheypark app.
- TREEville Trail - Starting Dec. 1, 2023, guests can experience TREEville trail, a strolling holiday adventure experience in The Boardwalk At Hersheypark region with more than a dozen uniquely decorated trees sharing stories of The Sweetest Place On Earth.
- Hershey Characters Sweet Greets - Visitors can stop by the heated Chevrolet Music Box Theatre venue to meet their favorite Hershey Characters donning their coziest winter apparel and snap a photo. Times are listed in the Hersheypark app.
- Hot Chocolate and Sweet Treats - Delicious seasonal offerings include the popular Hot Chocolate Bar and new King Size Shake flavors like Apple at Simply Chocolate dessert shop, the fan-favorite Baked Potato Bar and a new Thanksgiving pizza at Overlook Food Court, and new holiday items at Milton’s Ice Cream Parlor and The Sweeterie Confectionery Kitchen.
- Festive Dining Experiences at The Chocolatier - New for 2023, The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio will offer a holiday patio event with spiked hot chocolate for adults ages 21 and older, over-the-top hot chocolate for kids and tabletop s’mores kits overlooking Chocolatetown region starting Nov. 24. A Breakfast with Santa experience is also available at The Chocolatier on select dates from Nov. 24 through Dec. 24. Guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet with hints of chocolate, kids' activities and holiday family fun while seeing Santa and a few of his elves. Reservations are required and can be made online.
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Entrance Aerial
- Kissmas Tree Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- NOEL Light Show from Bridge at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Lights 3
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Rides_Wildcat's Revenge Lift Hill
- Candymonium Christmas Night
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Rides_Candymonium_Riders
- Christmas Candylane Rides
- The Claw with Lights at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Carrousel during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Laff Trakk Exterior Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane_Laff Trakk Interior
- HP.22.Santa Experience.Brother and Sister on Bench With Santa (1)
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane_Reindeer Stables_December 2022
- Reindeer at Hersheypark 1
- TREEville at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 2022
- TREEville 2022 Entrance Tree
- TREEville 2022 ZooAmerica
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane_Character Meet and Greet_Credit to All American ThrillsPhoto credit to All American Thrills
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane_Characters_Credit to All American ThrillsPhoto credit to All American Thrills
- Hersheypark Supply Co. during Christmas Candylane
- Breakfast with Santa at The Chocolatier
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Seasonal King Size ShakesSimply Chocolate - King Size Shakes
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Baked Potato BarOverlook Food Court - Baked Potato Bar
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Thanksgiving PizzaOverlook Food Court - Thanksgiving Pizza
Tickets starting at $29.99 are available with the Hersheypark 12 Days of Christmas Pre-Sale from Nov. 1-12 online. Prices vary based on the number of tickets purchased and the date selected. Guests purchasing 1-3 tickets can save with tickets starting at $36.99, and guests purchasing 4+ tickets can save with tickets starting at $29.99. General Any-Day 2023 tickets can be used on any operating day through Jan. 1, 2024.
Current 2023 Season Pass Holders can enjoy unlimited visits to Christmas Candylane as part of their year-long perks. 2024 Season Passes are on sale now with a Season Pass+ option that includes unlimited visits and perks to Hersheypark for the remainder of the 2023 operating year and all of 2024 - a great gift idea, too!
Hershey Sweet Lights
Just outside Hersheypark is Hershey Sweet Lights drive-through attraction celebrating 20 years. The separately ticketed experience kicks off on Nov. 10-12 and then is open nightly from Nov. 17 through Jan. 1, 2024; hours vary.
Hershey Sweet Lights features two miles of fields and wooded trails decorated with nearly 600 illuminated, animated displays created from about 2 million LED lights. Guests can enjoy the lights from the comfort of their cars while listening to holiday music. Many displays follow unique themes like The 12 Days of Christmas, Fairy Tales, a Victorian Village and Hersheypark rides.
Admission for a single car with up to 8 people ranges from $24.95 to $37.95 (varies by day) when purchased in advance online before 5 p.m. on the day of the visit. On-site pricing without a pre-purchased ticket is $44.15 plus tax.
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, an 11-acre zoo that cares for more than 200 animals, is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day). Winter is a great time to visit the Zoo as many North American animals in the outdoor habitats, like the gray wolves, river otters and Canada Lynx, are more active when the temperature drops.
Tickets are available for purchase online or at the ZooAmerica Admissions Building. Regular admission for guests ages 9-61 is $15 plus taxes and fees. Admission for juniors ages 3-8 and seniors ages 62+ is $13 plus taxes and fees. Children 2 and under are free. ZooAmerica is included with a Hersheypark ticket only by accessing the Zoo through the Hersheypark bridge during posted Park hours.
The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
Visitors looking to extend their stay in The Sweetest Place On Earth can book a holiday getaway at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark: The Hotel Hershey luxury accommodation, Hershey Lodge resort and Hersheypark Camping Resort campground.
Guests can take in the beauty of the resorts’ stunning holiday decor while sipping hot cocoa or signature Hershey’s Chocolate Martinis in front of the grand four-sided fireplace at Hershey Lodge or relaxing in the poinsettia-filled Fountain Lobby at The Hotel Hershey. Gorgeous towering trees decorated with chocolate-inspired ornaments make for beautiful backdrops for holiday photos at both properties - a tradition for many guests. Guests can also enjoy holiday spa treatments, seasonal dining and cocktails, and holiday-themed resort activities, including a tree lighting ceremony with the Hershey Characters at The Hotel Hershey to kick off the season.
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane packages featuring deluxe accommodations, Hersheypark Christmas Candylane tickets and breakfast are available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge. Guests who book their holiday stay during the Hersheypark 12 Days of Christmas Pre-Sale from Nov. 1-12 can save with limited-time Holiday Pre-Sale Packages, including the pre-sale rate for the best price on Christmas Candylane tickets. All guests receive Free Resort Benefits like free front gate shuttle service and preview hours. Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge indoor pool complex. Holiday packages and rates are available online.
Sports and Entertainment in Hershey
Hockey fans can cheer for the hometown Hershey Bears AHL team as they fight to defend the Calder Cup title this season. The Bears will host 14 home games at GIANT Center arena in November and December. Single-game tickets starting at $14 are available online.
- Nov. 4: Jim Jefferies at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 9: The State Ballet Theatre of Ukraine’s Sleeping Beauty at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 11: Derek Hough at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 14-15: Bluey’s Big Play at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 17: Jay Leno at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 18: Bush at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 18: Jon Pardi at GIANT Center
- Nov. 21-26: CHICAGO at Hershey Theatre
- Nov. 30: Sarah Brightman’s A Christmas Symphony at Hershey Theatre
- Dec. 6: Pentatonix at GIANT Center
- Dec. 6: Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson at Hershey Theatre
- Dec. 8: Girl Named Tom at Hershey Theatre
- Dec. 10: Straight No Chaser at Hershey Theatre
- Dec. 15: Trans-Siberian Orchestra at GIANT Center
- Dec. 16-17: Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet’s The Nutcracker at Hershey Theatre
- Dec. 21: Cirque Dreams Holidaze at Hershey Theatre
- Dec. 26-31: Come From Away at Hershey Theatre
Seasonal Spa Treatments
Both MeltSpa by Hershey day spa and The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa will offer collections inspired by the season to relieve the hustle and bustle of the holidays, with bookings available online.
Starting Nov. 1, visitors to The Spa At The Hotel Hershey can experience the Holiday Season Sampler, a seasonal spa package that includes three treatments filled with the sweet aromas of the season. From Dec. 1 through Jan. 31, guests can indulge in treatments like the Peppermint Hot Chocolate Immersion, a combination of an exfoliating Peppermint Scrub followed by a Chocolate Fondue Body Wrap.
Beginning Dec. 1, MeltSpa by Hershey will offer treatments from their Peppermint Hot Chocolate seasonal collection. Signature dark chocolate treatments and other classic spa services will also be available.