Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 2023 Bucket List
Now Open Daily With Sweet Holiday Experiences for the Family
It's the most wonderful time of the year in Hershey, Pa., as Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is now open daily through January 1, 2024 (closed Christmas Day).
Check out our bucket list of 12 only-in-Hershey experiences to put guests in the holiday spirit at Christmas Candylane in 2023.
1. See the most lights in Pennsylvania
Five million sparkling lights deck the halls of Hersheypark this year, the most in Pennsylvania, including the NOEL light show featuring more than 250,000 dancing lights choreographed to Christmas music. The show begins each night at 5 p.m. and runs every 30 minutes in The Hollow region. Guests can view the show from each of the three bridges overlooking Spring Creek or take a gondola-style ride on Skyview right over the lights.
2. Take a ride on family favorites unique to the season
A unique blend of thrilling, family-friendly and kiddie rides are open for Christmas Candylane, maintenance and weather permitting. Some rides provide dazzling views of the lights guests can't experience anywhere else.
- Skyview, a gondola-style attraction, takes riders on a round-trip journey over Spring Creek in The Hollow region. If timed right, riders will glide directly above the NOEL light show as the lights glisten off the water.
- Dry Gulch Railroad is another sweet holiday tradition. The train takes guests through areas of the Park completely blanketed with lights and lined with various displays that are only viewable from the ride.
- Kissing Tower takes guests 250 feet up in the air for an aerial 360° view of Hersheypark and the town of Hershey while learning about the town's history.
- The Ferris Wheel is a popular option for guests of every height category to enjoy the beautiful views and festive light package on the ride itself.
Tip: We recommend downloading the Hersheypark app for a real-time listing of ride availability and wait times. The app also details food options for any special requests or for new mobile ordering and an interactive map.
3. Enjoy holiday thrills on select coasters
Weather and maintenance permitting, thrill-seekers can enjoy the first winter of holiday thrills on Wildcat's Revenge with a new holiday light package, as well as rides on Candymonium, Jolly Rancher Remix, Wild Mouse, sooperdooperLooper and Cocoa Cruiser. The indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster is also open and decorated for the holidays with a twinkling Christmas tree in the center.
4. Tell Santa your wish list
Make your list and check it twice, as Santa Claus has come to town! Guests can enjoy a photo opportunity with Santa through Dec 24 with a new interactive dance party with Mrs. Claus and Santa's elves under the former Carrousel Pavillion in Founder's Way.
5. See all nine of Santa's reindeer
For more than 25 years, Rudolph and his friends have been making a special stop at Christmas Candylane - and they have returned for the holiday season in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Hersheypark is the only place in the Northeast where guests can get an up-close look at all nine of Santa's reindeer. The reindeer are located inside Hersheypark at Santa’s Reindeer Stables in Pioneer Frontier Catering near Fahrenheit during all hours of operation through Jan. 1, 2024. Trained reindeer specialists are available to answer guest questions. The viewing experience is included with admission.
6. Stroll through TREEville
Hersheypark decked the paths of The Boardwalk At Hersheypark with a festive TREEville trail with 25 Christmas trees that share the stories of Hershey, Pa. Guests can see uniquely-decorated trees with everything from candy and hockey to flip-flops and coasters.
7. Meet and greet the Hershey Characters
Head to the Music Box Theatre and enjoy fun holiday music, a meet and greet, and a photo opportunity with the Hershey Characters! Pro tip: the Music Box Theatre is heated!
8. Warm up with hot chocolate
There is no better place to enjoy hot chocolate than The Sweetest Place On Earth. Signature hot chocolate is available for purchase during Christmas Candylane in all-day souvenir mugs to keep guests warm. Also back by popular demand is the Hot Chocolate Bar with four specialty flavors at Simply Chocolate.
9. Eat, drink and be Hersheypark Happy
Inside Hersheypark, guests can enjoy a taste of the holidays with limited-time sweet treats like Frozen Hot Chocolate King Size Shakes. Back by popular demand is the loaded potato bar at Overlook Food Court for a delicious savory option.
Guests with or without a Hersheypark ticket can grab lunch and dessert to go at Milton's Ice Cream Parlor and The Sweeterie Confectionery Kitchen - both open daily in Hershey's Chocolatetown. Milton's offers a special Holiday Sandwich, made up of roasted turkey and stuffing between two slices of sourdough bread with gravy and a cranberry sriracha, and a Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich. The Sweeterie has new cupcakes, signature desserts and fudge for the holiday season.
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Hot Chocolate Bar Options at Simply ChocolateSimply Chocolate - Hot Chocolate Bar
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Seasonal King Size ShakesSimply Chocolate - King Size Shakes
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Baked Potato BarOverlook Food Court - Baked Potato Bar
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Banana Bread Ice Cream SandwichSimply Chocolate - Banana Bread Sandwich
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Chili and Cornbread Hot DogBerks - Chili and Cornbread Hot Dog
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Alcoholic Drinks at 1906 Brews1906 Brews - Frostbite, Santa's Hat, Jingle Juice
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Snickerdoodle Ice Cream SandwichMilton's - Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_2023_Holiday Grilled Cheese at Milton's
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_2023_Holiday Hot Dog at Berks_ H
- The Sweeterie_Christmas 2023
- The Sweeterie_Christmas 2023
10. Cheers to the holiday season at the new seasonal rooftop bar
Enjoy a holiday wonderland with beautiful views of Hershey's Chocolatetown at The Chocolatier's all-new Holiday Spirit's Rooftop Bar! Cozy up to the bar and sip a decadent hot chocolate (with or without spirits) in iconic Hershey's flavors like Almond Joy, Peppermint, and S'mores. Or, grab a tabletop s'mores kit to roast marshmallows to perfection. Seasonal cocktails will also be available.
Holiday Spirit's Rooftop Bar is open Friday-Sunday from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. through Dec. 30 on a first-come, first-served basis. On Saturday evenings, starting at dusk, guests can also enjoy classic Christmas movies playing on the big screen at the rooftop bar. Hersheypark tickets are NOT required to attend. Guests can enter through The Chocolatier or the patio entrance located inside the Park.
11. Check off the holiday shopping list
Hersheypark is home to more than one dozen retail locations that feature a blend of new collections and vintage designs for holiday gift-giving. Located in Hershey's Chocolatetown, Hersheypark Supply Co. is a premier, 10,000-square-foot flagship store where guests can browse the largest collection of apparel, gifts, toys, and more exclusive to Hersheypark. A Hersheypark ticket is not required to visit Hersheypark Supply Co. During park operating days, the store is open from 9 a.m. until the park is closed (closed Christmas day).
Inside the front gate, parkgoers can visit HP Collections, a shopping destination with an exclusive Vineyard Vines collection, plus clothing, accessories and drinkware from brands like Nike, Corkcicle, Puppy Love and more.
12. Snap a photo as a souvenir
There are plenty of sweet photo spots around Christmas Candylane for families to snap a photo together to remember the Hersheypark Happy memories they created this year. Popular photo backdrops include the iconic Kisses Fountain, Ferris Wheel with its holiday light package and the 50-foot Kissmas Tree in The Hollow region. Don't forget to tag @Hersheypark on social media and use #ChristmasCandylane!
Bonus - Drive through Hershey Sweet Lights
Hershey Sweet Lights drive-through attraction is open nightly at 5 p.m. through Jan. 1, 2024, with the closing time varying per night. Located just minutes from Hersheypark, the separate ticketed experience features two miles of fields and wooded trails decorated with nearly 600 illuminated, animated displays created from 2 million LED lights. Guests can enjoy the lights from the comfort of their cars while listening to holiday music, with a custom music station provided through the iHeartRadio app.
Guests are encouraged to buy early and online to save. Pricing varies depending on the date of the visit. Admission for a single car (seats up to 8 people) starts at $24.95 plus taxes and fees when purchased in advance on Hersheypark.com, with online purchases ending each night at 5 p.m. for same-day tickets. After 5 p.m., full-price tickets are available in person at the entrance booth. Van admission (seats 9-15 people) is $50.15 plus taxes and fees. Bus and Minibus admission must be purchased through the Hersheypark Group Sales team.