Hersheypark Camping Resort Winter Guide 2023
Everything You Need To Know For A Sweet Campground Stay in Hershey, PA
Hersheypark Camping Resort, a year-round camping facility in Hershey, PA, has been welcoming guests since 1963 with its 55 acres of emerald hills. With more than 300 open and shaded sites, including 50 cabins with heat, air conditioning and additional amenities; full hook-up sites with electric, water, sewer and cable; partial sites with electric, water, and cable; and no hook-up tent sites; the campground offers something for everyone.
Planning a camping getaway? We can't wait to welcome you! Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet campground visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
- HPCR cabin in snow
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabin at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Hersheypark Camping Resort cabin interior
- Hersheypark Camping Resort in winter
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabin at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Family S'mores at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Hersheypark Camping Resort Office_Snow 2022Winter is such a sweet time of year to camp with us at Hersheypark Camping Resort, especially on beautiful snow-covered days like today! Enjoy wintertime views like these from your RV or our cozy cabins. Plus, this season, save big on your camping trip with our Book One Night, Get One 50% Off offer, available select days through March when you book by Jan. 31.
- Hersheypark Camping Resort_Snow 2022
Whether you're staying in one of our log or deluxe cabins or parking your RV at a partial or full hook-up site, you're in for a sweet camping experience at Hersheypark Camping Resort. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
What to Bring (and not to bring)
In addition to all of your camping supplies, there are a few items we'd like to remind you to bring with you and one to leave at home.
- Linens: Cabin guests are asked to please bring their own supply of linens, pillows, blankets, towels, personal items, dish soap and kitchen linens, such as dish towels and hot pads.
- Firewood (don't bring): Outside firewood is not permitted to be brought into the campground. Once you arrive, firewood can be purchased at our Country Store.
As you pull into the campground, remember to drive slowly. For the safety of children at play, the speed limit throughout the campground is 5 ½ mph.
Upon arrival, check in at the front desk located inside Historic Landis Barn. Check-in is after 3 p.m. for all campers, and check-out is at 11 a.m. for cabins and 1 p.m. for campsites.
We recommend downloading CampersAPP for campground information, alerts, activities, augmented reality games, a campground map and more. The login key is HPCRMoose.
Each site features a picnic table and fire ring for family cookouts and most importantly, s’mores! Additional campground amenities include free WiFi, restroom and shower facilities, self-service laundry, and a country store that sells firewood, s’mores supplies, coffee, sweet souvenirs and more.
Please note, water has been shut off for the winter season. The Historic Landis Barn, which offers a bath house and laundry, and our 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabins will have water year-round. A water fill station will be available in the main parking lot.
RECREATION & ACTIVITIES
Once you're settled at your site, be sure to take advantage of our campground's on-site recreation and activities. Our campground offers a number of on-site recreational facilities for our campers to enjoy, including an indoor game room, multiple playgrounds, a community s'mores area, shuffleboard, basketball and volleyball courts, and more. Please note: Guests are asked to supply their own sports equipment.
Guests looking for some adventure can also book off-site experiences, such as rock climbing, hiking, sporting clays and more, with Adventure Explorations. Cost varies for each activity and includes all gear, expert guides, snacks, water and safety equipment. Reservations can be made online at AdventureExplorations.com or by calling or texting 888-238-3975.
FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary to visit the area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hersheypark Camping Resort receive FREE Resort Benefits, including preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
Hershey has numerous dining options around town that are worth a visit if you're looking to expand your palate beyond campfire staples like mountain pies and s'mores. In downtown Hershey, you'll find delicious menus at Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak. Or, for some chocolate-infused delights, check out The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. For more dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
Bring Home A Sweet Souvenir
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Country Store - Sweets & More at the campground. The store is stocked with camping supplies, s'mores kits and morning coffee for purchase during your stay. But you can also find some sweet souvenirs to take home, ranging from apparel to mugs to Christmas ornaments and more.