Hersheypark Camping Resort Holiday Guide
Everything You Need To Know For A Sweet Campground Stay in Hershey, PA
Hersheypark Camping Resort, a year-round camping facility in Hershey, PA, has been welcoming guests since 1963 with its 55 acres of emerald hills. With more than 300 open and shaded sites, including 50 cabins with heat, air conditioning and additional amenities; full hook-up sites with electric, water, sewer and cable; partial sites with electric, water, and cable; and no hook-up tent sites; the campground offers something for everyone.
Planning a holiday camping getaway? We can't wait to welcome you! Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet campground visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
- Winter at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Hersheypark Camping Resort cabin interior
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabin at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabin at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- RV at Hersheypark Camping Resort
- Family S'mores at Hersheypark Camping Resort
Whether you're staying in one of our log or deluxe cabins or our brand new tiny home or parking your RV at a partial or full hook-up site, you're in for a sweet camping experience at Hersheypark Camping Resort. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
What to Bring
In addition to all of your camping supplies, cabin guests are asked to please bring their own supply of linens, pillows, blankets, towels, personal items, dish soap and kitchen linens, such as dish towels and hot pads.
What Not to Bring
Outside firewood is not permitted to be brought into the campground. Once you arrive, firewood can be purchased at our Country Store.
As you pull into the campground, remember to drive slowly. For the safety of children at play, the speed limit throughout the campground is 5 ½ mph.
Upon arrival, check in at the front desk located inside Historic Landis Barn. Check-in is after 3 p.m. for all campers, and check-out is at 11 a.m. for cabins and 1 p.m. for campsites.
We recommend downloading CampersAPP for campground information, alerts, activities, augmented reality games, a campground map and more. The login key is HPCRMoose.
Each site features a picnic table and fire ring for family cookouts and most importantly, s’mores! Additional campground amenities include free WiFi, restroom and shower facilities, self-service laundry, and a country store that sells firewood, s’mores supplies, coffee, sweet souvenirs and more.
Please note, once temperatures drop below 30°F over the course of three days, water will be shut off for the season. The Historic Landis Barn, which offers a bath house, and our 2-Bedroom Deluxe Cabins will have water year round. A water fill station will be available in the main parking lot.
RECREATION & ACTIVITIES
Once you're settled at your site, be sure to take advantage of our campground's on-site recreation and activities. Our campground offers a number of on-site recreational facilities for our campers to enjoy, including an indoor game room, multiple playgrounds, a community s'mores area, shuffleboard, basketball and volleyball courts, and more. Please note: Guests are asked to supply their own sports equipment.
Guests looking for some adventure can also book off-site experiences, such as rock climbing, hiking, sporting clays and more, with Adventure Explorations. Cost varies for each activity and includes all gear, expert guides, snacks, water and safety equipment. Reservations can be made online at AdventureExplorations.com or by calling or texting 888-238-3975.
EXCLUSIVE HERSHEYPARK BENEFITS
If you're planning a visit to Hersheypark during your stay, be sure to take advantage of all of the perks that come with being a guest of one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark! All guests of Hersheypark Camping Resort receive the below FREE Resort Benefits:
- Extra hours at Hersheypark with Preview Plan
- Preview Plan: Resort guests enjoy up to 2.5 extra evening hours the night before their full-day visit. Simply, present your ticket at the main entrance and enjoy a fun-filled evening.
- FREE front gate shuttle service to the exclusive resort drop-off location at Hersheypark
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
- Guests are encouraged to add tickets to their reservation in advance to receive the best price.
Christmas Candylane is the only place in the Northeast where guests can get an up-close look at all nine of Santa's reindeer, including Rudolph. The seasonal event also features more than 5 million twinkling lights (the most in Pennsylvania), including a dazzling NOEL light show with more than 250,000 dancing lights synchronized to Christmas music; a unique blend of thrilling coasters and family-friendly rides, weather permitting; photos with Santa; holiday shopping; signature hot chocolate and other sweet treats; and more. 2023 marks the 40th year of this annual Christmas experience that you can only find in Hershey.
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Front Gate_Family
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane NOEL Light Show
- Hershey Characters at Kisses Fountain
- NOEL Light Show with Family during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Reindeer at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 2021
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Rides_Wildcat's Revenge
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Aerial
- Carrousel during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Entrance Aerial
- HP.22.Santa Experience.Brother and Sister on Bench With Santa (1)
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Hot Chocolate Bar Options at Simply ChocolateSimply Chocolate - Hot Chocolate Bar
- Christmas Candylane - Dry Gulch Railroad
- TREEVILLE Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark_Christmas Candylane_Foods_Seasonal King Size ShakesSimply Chocolate - King Size Shakes
MORE FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hersheypark Camping Resort receive additional FREE Resort Benefits, including preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience, and access to 2 award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club.
- ZooAmerica is open daily (with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas Day) for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more. Note: Entrance to ZooAmerica is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark only when entered via the Hersheypark bridge during park hours.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world. Plus, from Nov. 24 through Jan. 1 (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas), don't miss the annual Christmas Tree Showcase featuring trees uniquely decorated by local florists.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
- ZooAmerica Mom and Kids
- Black Bear on Rock at ZooAmerica 2022
- River Otters Cuddling at ZooAmerica 2022_Credit to Erika JRiver otters can be found in rivers throughout Pennsylvania. The presence of this water weasel indicates that the water is clean. At ZooAmerica, Link and Iris, both 14 years old, can often be found swimming in their pool or snuggled up together on land while they sleep.
- Hershey Gardens in Winter
- Christmas Tree Showcase at Hershey Gardens Pano
- Butterfly Atrium at Hershey Gardens
- The Hershey Story Museum
- Enhancements at The Hershey Story Museum
- The Hershey Story Chocolate Lab
Hershey has numerous dining options around town that are worth a visit if you're looking to expand your palate beyond campfire staples like mountain pies and s'mores. In downtown Hershey, you'll find delicious seasonal menus at Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak. Or, for some chocolate-infused delights, check out The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. Note: A Hersheypark ticket is not required.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
Bring Home A Sweet Souvenir
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Country Store - Sweets & More at the campground. The store is stocked with camping supplies, s'mores kits and morning coffee for purchase during your stay. But you can also find some sweet souvenirs and holiday gifts to take home, ranging from apparel to mugs to Christmas ornaments and more.