Hershey Lodge Winter Guide 2024
Everything You Need To Know For A Sweet Stay in Hershey, PA
Warm, welcoming, and distinctly Hershey, Hershey Lodge provides convenience and comfort for families and guests of all ages. Planning a winter stay? We can't wait to welcome you to enjoy the sweet hospitality and iconic chocolate details around every corner.
Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
From the moment you arrive at Hershey Lodge, you'll experience the kind of hospitality you can only find in The Sweetest Place On Earth starting with check-in. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
The Sweetest Check-In
Did you know that each stay at Hershey Lodge begins with chocolate at check-in? You'll receive a full-size Hershey's bar to start your getaway in the sweetest way. Check-in is after 4 p.m., and check-out is before 11 a.m.
Children can also experience their very own check-in on select weekend dates at our Kids' Check-In desk in the lobby, where they are welcome to sign the kids' guest book, participate in a Hershey's candy guessing game and receive a chocolate surprise. Please view our activities schedule for availability.
Given operational demands, daily housekeeping is not currently offered. However, should you have a need for any in-room amenities, fresh towels, or trash removal, we'd be happy to assist. Please dial “0” on your guest room phone for assistance.
Please view our guest room amenities and services.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
During the winter season, Hershey Lodge offers family-friendly activities for guests on weekends ranging from chocolate bingo to Hershey Character appearances, crafts, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes, or you can pick up a schedule at check-in.
Guests can also book a unique adventure experience, such as rock climbing, hiking, sporting clays and more, with Adventure Explorations. Cost varies for each activity and includes all gear, expert guides, snacks, water and safety equipment. Reservations can be made online at AdventureExplorations.com or by calling or texting 888-238-3975.
MAKE A SPLASH AT HERSHEY'S WATER WORKS
Don't forget to pack your swimsuit! Families won't want to miss Hershey's Water Works, an exclusive and complimentary amenity for our overnight guests. Rain, snow, or shine, guests can enjoy sweet indoor fun at our year-round indoor pool complex, featuring interactive water features, such as Twizzlers Twists water slides, Reese's Water Walk, zero-entry pool, sand castle spray zone, lighthouse tipping bucket, basketball hoops, and more. The complex also features an indoor arcade, fitness center and the Cocoa Cabana snack bar.
*Please note, Hershey's Water Works will undergo annual maintenance on select dates in early January. Please check hours for availability.
- Hershey Water Works at The Hershey Lodge
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works lighthouse_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works sandcastle_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works Twizzlers Twists Slides_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works_2023
- Hershey's Water Works
- View from Hershey's Water Works at Hershey Lodge_Snow 2022Keep warm and enjoy the snow-covered views from inside Hershey’s Water Works! This heated indoor pool complex is an exclusive amenity for overnight guests of Hershey Lodge and features Reese’s Water Walk, Twizzlers Twists water slides, sand castle spray zone, whirlpool and more for year-round fun. Join us for a cozy stay this winter and save big with our Kids Stay, Play, Splash & Eat Free package and Book One Night, Get One 50% Off offer, now available MLK weekend!
- Hershey's Water Works Basketball
- Cocoa Cabana at Hershey's Water Works
- Arcade at Hershey's Water Works
- Hershey Lodge Fitness Center
FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to the area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hershey Lodge receive FREE Resort Benefits, including preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, and complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more. Winter is a great time to visit as there are often fewer crowds and the outdoor animals are more active!
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
Hershey Lodge offers a variety of delicious dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner this season. Visit HersheyLodge.com/Dining for hours, reservations and more info. Options include:
- STACKS: A breakfast and lunch restaurant serving dishes stacked high with flavor, ranging from stacks of Buttermilk Pancakes and Belgian Waffles to Double Decker BLTs.
- Fire & Grain: An innovative menu of re-mastered comfort foods and flavorful cocktails for breakfast, dinner and happy hour.
- The Bears’ Den: A sports-themed restaurant with a hockey-rink atmosphere modeled after our hometown team, the Hershey Bears. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Revelry: Classic and contemporary chophouse fare with premium cuts and the largest wine & spirits list in house.
- Cocoa Beanery: An all-day coffee shop, serving up eats, ice cream, drinks, and treats.
- Cocoa Cabana: A poolside cafe offering a selection of starters, salads, sandwiches and ice cream while guests enjoy Hershey’s Water Works.
Other options around town include Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak in downtown Hershey and The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
SCHEDULE A SPA TREATMENT
During your getaway, make time for some sweet relaxation at MeltSpa by Hershey, our day spa in downtown Hershey. Nothing will get your skin ready for the cold winter season quite like the Peppermint Hot Chocolate Collection. This collection features a peppermint hot chocolate massage, facial, body wrap, manicure, pedicure and more and remains available through Jan. 31. Or, enjoy signature Hershey's chocolate treatments and exclusive dark chocolate treatments year-round.
BRING HOME A SWEET SOUVENIR
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Sweet Memories gift shop for souvenirs, such as Hershey's chocolate, apparel, accessories, seasonal items and more. Gift bags, baskets, and shipping are available for in-store purchase.