Hershey Lodge Guide: Spring 2023
Everything You Need To Know For A Sweet Stay in Hershey, PA
Warm, welcoming, and distinctly Hershey, Hershey Lodge provides convenience and comfort for families and guests of all ages. Planning a Spring stay? We can't wait to welcome you to enjoy the sweet hospitality and iconic chocolate details around every corner.
Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
From the moment you arrive at Hershey Lodge, you'll experience the kind of hospitality you can only find in The Sweetest Place On Earth starting with check-in. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
The Sweetest Check-In
Did you know that each stay at Hershey Lodge begins with chocolate at check-in? You'll receive a full-size Hershey's bar to start your getaway in the sweetest way. Check-in is after 4 p.m., and check-out is before 11 a.m.
Children can also experience their very own check-in at our Kids' Check-In desk in the lobby, where they are welcome to sign the kids' guest book, participate in a Hershey's candy guessing game and receive a chocolate surprise. Please view our activities schedule for availability.
Given operational demands, daily housekeeping is not currently offered. However, should you have a need for any in-room amenities, fresh towels, or trash removal, we'd be happy to assist. Please dial “0” on your guest room phone for assistance.
Please view our guest room amenities and services here.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
On spring weekends, Hershey Lodge offers a variety of family-friendly activities for guests ranging from s'mores roasts and chocolate bingo to Hershey Character appearances, crafts, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes, or you can pick up a schedule at check-in.
Guests can also take advantage of recreation on property on spring weekends starting March 31, such as mini golf, basketball and tennis.
Or, book a unique adventure experience, such as rock climbing, kayaking, fishing, hiking, sporting clays and more, with Adventure Explorations. Cost varies for each activity and includes all gear, expert guides, snacks, water and safety equipment. Reservations can be made online at AdventureExplorations.com or by calling or texting 888-238-3975.
MAKE A SPLASH AT HERSHEY'S WATER WORKS
Don't forget to pack your swimsuit! Families won't want to miss Hershey's Water Works, an exclusive and complimentary amenity for our overnight guests. Rain or shine, guests can enjoy some sweet indoor fun at our year-round indoor pool complex, featuring interactive water features, such as Twizzlers Twists water slides, Reese's Water Walk, zero-entry pool, sand castle spray zone, lighthouse tipping bucket, basketball hoops, and more. The complex also features an indoor arcade and fitness center as well as Cocoa Cabana snack bar.
- Hershey Water Works at The Hershey Lodge
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works sandcastle_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works Twizzlers Twists Slides_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works lighthouse_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works dolphins_2023
- Hershey's Water Works Basketball
- Cocoa Cabana at Hershey's Water Works
- Arcade at Hershey's Water Works
- Hershey Lodge Fitness Center
EXCLUSIVE HERSHEYPARK BENEFITS
This year, Hersheypark is open for more days than ever before, with spring weekends beginning April 1. If you're planning a visit to the Park during your stay, be sure to take advantage of all of the perks that come with being a guest of one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark! All guests of Hershey Lodge receive the below FREE Resort Benefits:
- Extra hours at Hersheypark with Preview Plan
- Preview Plan: Resort guests enjoy up to 3 extra evening hours the night before their full-day visit. Simply, present your ticket at the main entrance and enjoy a fun-filled evening.
- FREE front gate shuttle service to the exclusive resort drop-off location at Hersheypark
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
Hersheypark is open for the spring season on weekends from April 1 through May 21. View hours here. Admission also includes entry to ZooAmerica Wildlife Park only when entered via the Hersheypark bridge during park hours.
MORE FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hershey Lodge receive additional FREE Resort Benefits, including access to 2 award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club, preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, and complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11-themed gardens, including thousands of spring tulips, and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world. The atrium is one of only 25 year-round indoor tropical butterfly atriums in the U.S.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
Hershey Lodge offers several dining experiences ranging from a hockey-rink atmosphere inspired by our hometown hockey team at The Bears' Den to a night out enjoying contemporary chophouse fare with premium cuts and an extensive wine & spirits list at Revelry Chophouse Bar + Patio.
Fire & Grain, right off the lobby, offers breakfast and dinner daily in an energetic and engaging atmosphere. Grab a spot at one of the gathering tables by the fire wall or at the full-service bar during happy hour from 4-6 p.m. daily to enjoy half-price appetizers and discounted drinks. For quick grab-and-go options, we recommend a stop at Cocoa Beanery for specialty coffee and drinks, delicious eats, rotating ice cream flavors and seasonal treats.
Other options around town include Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak in downtown Hershey and The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. Note: A Hersheypark ticket is not required.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
SCHEDULE A SPA TREATMENT
Springtime calls for a spa day to refresh and rejuvenate that dry winter skin. During your getaway, make time for some sweet relaxation at MeltSpa by Hershey, our day spa in downtown Hershey. Nothing says spring quite like the new Spring Lavender Collection, available through May 31. This seasonal collection features an array of lavender-scented treatments like a Lavender & Chamomile Massage, Lavender Body Scrub, Lavender Immersion and a Lavender Manicure and Pedicure. Of course, signature Hershey's chocolate treatments and exclusive dark chocolate treatments are also available. Book your treatment today.
BRING HOME A SWEET SOUVENIR
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Sweet Memories gift shop for souvenirs, such as Hershey's chocolate, giftware, apparel, accessories and more. Gift bags, baskets, and shipping are available for in-store purchase.