Hershey Lodge Holiday Guide
Everything You Need To Know For A Sweet Stay in Hershey, PA
Warm, welcoming, and distinctly Hershey, Hershey Lodge provides convenience and comfort for families and guests of all ages. Planning a stay? We can't wait to welcome you to enjoy the sweet hospitality and iconic chocolate details around every corner.
Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
From the moment you arrive at Hershey Lodge, you'll experience the kind of hospitality you can only find in The Sweetest Place On Earth starting with check-in. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
The Sweetest Check-In
Did you know that each stay at Hershey Lodge begins with chocolate at check-in? You'll receive a full-size Hershey's bar to start your getaway in the sweetest way. Check-in is after 4 p.m., and check-out is before 11 a.m.
Children can also experience their very own check-in on select weekend dates at our Kids' Check-In desk in the lobby, where they are welcome to sign the kids' guest book, participate in a Hershey's candy guessing game and receive a chocolate surprise. Please view our activities schedule for availability.
Given operational demands, daily housekeeping is not currently offered. However, should you have a need for any in-room amenities, fresh towels, or trash removal, we'd be happy to assist. Please dial “0” on your guest room phone for assistance.
Please view our guest room amenities and services here.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
During the holiday season, Hershey Lodge offers family-friendly activities for guests on weekends ranging from s'mores roasts to chocolate bingo to Hershey Character appearances, crafts, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes, or you can pick up a schedule at check-in.
Guests can also book a unique adventure experience, such as rock climbing, hiking, sporting clays and more, with Adventure Explorations. Cost varies for each activity and includes all gear, expert guides, snacks, water and safety equipment. Reservations can be made online at AdventureExplorations.com or by calling or texting 888-238-3975.
MAKE A SPLASH AT HERSHEY'S WATER WORKS
Don't forget to pack your swimsuit! Families won't want to miss Hershey's Water Works, an exclusive and complimentary amenity for our overnight guests. Rain or shine, guests can enjoy some sweet indoor fun at our year-round indoor pool complex, featuring interactive water features, such as Twizzler's Twists water slides, Reese's Water Walk, zero-entry pool, sand castle spray zone, lighthouse tipping bucket, basketball hoops, and more. The complex also features an indoor arcade and fitness center as well as Cocoa Cabana snack bar.
EXCLUSIVE HERSHEYPARK BENEFITS
If you're planning a visit to Hersheypark during your stay, be sure to take advantage of all of the perks that come with being a guest of one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark! All guests of Hershey Lodge receive the below FREE Resort Benefits:
- Extra hours at Hersheypark with Preview Plan
- Preview Plan: Resort guests enjoy up to 2.5 extra evening hours the night before their full-day visit. Simply, present your ticket at the main entrance and enjoy a fun-filled evening.
- FREE front gate shuttle service to the all-new exclusive resort drop-off location at Hersheypark
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane is open on select dates from Nov. 11, 2022 through Jan. 1, 2023, with daily operations starting Dec. 2 (closed Christmas Day). View hours here.
Christmas Candylane is the only place in the Northeast where guests can get an up-close look at all nine of Santa's reindeer, including Rudolph. The seasonal event also features more than 5 million twinkling lights, including a dazzling NOEL light show with more than 250,000 dancing lights synchronized to Christmas music; a unique blend of thrilling coasters and family-friendly rides, weather permitting; an experience with Santa; TREEVILLE, a walk-through experience with more than a dozen decorated trees sharing the stories of The Sweetest Place On Earth; shopping in Hershey’s Chocolatetown; signature hot chocolate and other sweet treats; and more.
- Front Gate during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane NOEL Light Show
- Hershey Characters at Kisses Fountain
- NOEL Light Show with Family during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Entrance Aerial
- Reindeer at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane 2021
- Santa Experience at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Carrousel during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Aerial
- Christmas Candylane - Dry Gulch Railroad
- TREEVILLE Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
MORE FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hershey Lodge receive additional FREE Resort Benefits, including access to 2 award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club, preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, and complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily (with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas Day) for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more. Note: Entrance to ZooAmerica is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark only when entered via the Hersheypark bridge during park hours.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world. Plus, from Nov. 19 through Jan. 1 (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas), don't miss the annual Christmas Tree Showcase featuring trees uniquely decorated by local florists.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
- ZooAmerica Mom and Kids
- River Otters Cuddling at ZooAmerica 2022_Credit to Erika JRiver otters can be found in rivers throughout Pennsylvania. The presence of this water weasel indicates that the water is clean. At ZooAmerica, Link and Iris, both 14 years old, can often be found swimming in their pool or snuggled up together on land while they sleep.
- Black Bear on Rock at ZooAmerica 2022
- Hershey Gardens in Winter
- Christmas Tree Showcase at Hershey Gardens Pano
- Butterfly Atrium at the Hershey Gardens
- The Hershey Story Museum
- The Hershey Story Chocolate Lab
Hershey Lodge offers several dining experiences ranging from a hockey-rink atmosphere inspired by our hometown hockey team at The Bears' Den to a night out enjoying contemporary chophouse fare with premium cuts and an extensive wine & spirits list at Revelry Chophouse Bar + Patio. Fire & Grain, right off the lobby, offers breakfast and dinner daily in an energetic and engaging atmosphere. Grab a spot at one of the gathering tables by the fire wall or at the full-service bar during happy hour from 4-6 p.m. daily to enjoy half-price appetizers and discounted drinks. For quick grab-and-go options, we recommend a stop at Cocoa Beanery for specialty coffee and drinks, delicious eats, rotating ice cream flavors and seasonal treats.
Other options around town include Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak in downtown Hershey and The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. Note: A Hersheypark ticket is not required.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
SCHEDULE A SPA TREATMENT
During your getaway, make time for some sweet relaxation at MeltSpa by Hershey, our day spa in downtown Hershey. Nothing will get your skin ready for the holiday season quite like the Peppermint Hot Chocolate Collection, available starting Dec. 1. The Pumpkin Spice Collection, featuring a Pumpkin Spice Massage, Immersion, Manicure, Pedicure and more, remains available through Nov. 30. Or, enjoy signature Hershey's chocolate treatments and exclusive dark chocolate treatments year-round. Book your treatment today.
BRING HOME A SWEET SOUVENIR
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Sweet Memories gift shop for souvenirs and holiday gifts, such as Hershey's chocolate, apparel, accessories, seasonal items and more. Gift bags, baskets, and shipping are available for in-store purchase.