Hershey Lodge Guide: Summer 2023
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR A SWEET STAY IN HERSHEY, PA
Warm, welcoming, and distinctly Hershey, Hershey Lodge provides convenience and comfort for families and guests of all ages. Planning a summer stay? We can't wait to welcome you to enjoy the sweet hospitality and iconic chocolate details around every corner.
Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
From the moment you arrive at Hershey Lodge, you'll experience the kind of hospitality you can only find in The Sweetest Place On Earth starting with check-in. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
The Sweetest Check-In
Did you know that each stay at Hershey Lodge begins with chocolate at check-in? You'll receive a full-size Hershey's bar to start your getaway in the sweetest way. Check-in is after 4 p.m., and check-out is before 11 a.m.
Children can also experience their very own check-in at our Kids' Check-In desk in the lobby, where they are welcome to sign the kids' guest book, participate in a Hershey's candy guessing game and receive a chocolate surprise. Please view our activities schedule for availability.
Given operational demands, daily housekeeping is not currently offered. However, should you have a need for any in-room amenities, fresh towels, or trash removal, we'd be happy to assist. Please dial “0” on your guest room phone for assistance.
Please view our guest room amenities and services here.
ACTIVITIES & RECREATION
In the summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day, Hershey Lodge offers a daily schedule of family-friendly activities for guests ranging from s'mores roasts to chocolate bingo to Hershey Character appearances, crafts, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes, or you can pick up a schedule at check-in.
Guests can also take advantage of recreation on property, such as mini golf, basketball and tennis.
MAKE A SPLASH AT HERSHEY'S WATER WORKS
Don't forget to pack your swimsuit! Families won't want to miss Hershey's Water Works, an exclusive and complimentary amenity for our overnight guests. Rain or shine, guests can enjoy some sweet indoor fun at our year-round indoor pool complex, featuring interactive water features, such as Twizzler's Twists water slides, Reese's Water Walk, zero-entry pool, sand castle spray zone, lighthouse tipping bucket, basketball hoops, and more. The complex also features an indoor arcade and fitness center as well as Cocoa Cabana snack bar, open select dates.
A zero-entry outdoor pool, spray fountain and lounge area is open Memorial Day through Labor Day, weather permitting.
- Hershey Water Works at The Hershey Lodge
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works lighthouse_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works Twizzlers Twists Slides_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works_2023
- Hershey Lodge_Hershey's Water Works sandcastle_2023
- Hershey's Water Works Basketball
- Cocoa Cabana at Hershey's Water Works
- Arcade at Hershey's Water Works
- Hershey Lodge Fitness Center
- Splash pad at Hershey Lodge
- Hershey Lodge Outdoor Pool
EXCLUSIVE HERSHEYPARK BENEFITS
If you're planning a visit to Hersheypark during your stay, be sure to take advantage of all of the perks that come with being a guest of one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark! All guests of Hershey Lodge receive the below FREE Resort Benefits:
- Extra hours at Hersheypark with Sweet Start and Preview Plan
- Sweet Start: Resort guests and Season Pass Holders enjoy 1-hour early access to select rides during the daily Summer season (available May 25 through Sept. 10, 2023).
- Preview Plan: Resort guests enjoy up to 3 extra evening hours the night before their full-day visit. Simply, present your ticket at the main entrance and enjoy a fun-filled evening.
- FREE front gate shuttle service to the exclusive resort drop-off location at Hersheypark
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
Hersheypark is open on weekends in May, with daily operations from May 25 through Labor Day. View hours here. Included in admission, guests can enjoy The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park open from May 27 through Sept. 4.
MORE FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hershey Lodge receive additional FREE Resort Benefits, including access to 2 award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club, preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, and complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more. Note: Entrance to ZooAmerica is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark only when entered via the Hersheypark bridge during park hours.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens, including spring tulips, more than 5,000 roses in the summer, and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world. The atrium is one of only 25 year-round indoor tropical butterfly atriums in the U.S.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
Hershey Lodge offers a variety of delicious summer dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are not accepted Memorial Day through Labor Day. Options include:
- STACKS (NEW!): A breakfast and lunch restaurant serving dishes stacked high with flavor, ranging from stacks of Buttermilk Pancakes and Belgian Waffles to Double Decker BLTs.
- Fire & Grain: An innovative menu of re-mastered comfort foods and flavorful cocktails for breakfast, dinner and happy hour.
- The Bears’ Den: A sports-themed restaurant with a hockey-rink atmosphere modeled after our hometown team, the Hershey Bears. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Revelry: Classic and contemporary chophouse fare with premium cuts and the largest wine & spirits list in the house. Open for dinner Wednesday-Sunday.
- Cocoa Beanery: An all-day coffee shop, serving up eats, ice cream, drinks, and treats.
- Cocoa Cabana: A poolside cafe offering a selection of starters, salads, sandwiches and ice cream while guests enjoy Hershey’s Water Works.
Other options around town include Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak in downtown Hershey and The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. Note: A Hersheypark ticket is not required.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
- STACKS at Hershey Lodge
- STACKS restaurant interior
- STACKS at Hershey Lodge
- Fire & Grain at Hershey Lodge
- Fire & Grain breakfast
- Happy Hour at Fire & Grain
- The Bears' Den at Hershey Lodge
- Mango Habanero WingsThe Bears Den
- Revelry Tomahawk Ribeye
- Cocoa Beanery at Hershey Lodge
- Cocoa Beanery Milkshakes
- Cocoa Cabana at Hershey's Water Works
- Soft Serve Ice Cream from Cocoa Cabana
SCHEDULE A SPA TREATMENT
Summertime calls for a spa day to refresh and moisturize. During your getaway, make time for some sweet relaxation at MeltSpa by Hershey, our day spa in downtown Hershey. Nothing says summer quite like the new Summer Strawberry Collection, featuring a Summer Strawberry Body Scrub, Immersion, Manicure and Pedicure available through Aug. 31. Of course, signature Hershey's chocolate treatments and exclusive dark chocolate treatments are also available. Book your treatment today.
BRING HOME A SWEET SOUVENIR
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Sweet Memories gift shop for souvenirs, such as Hershey's chocolate, giftware, apparel, accessories and more. Gift bags, baskets, and shipping are available for in-store purchase.