HE&R Named One of Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2022
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts (HE&R) is honored to share that our company was named one of “America's Best Employers for Diversity” by Forbes in 2022.
The Best Employers for Diversity were selected based on Statista's innovative methodology, guaranteeing unbiased results and providing reliable insights. Over 60,000 U.S. employees were surveyed in companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees to identify The Best Employers for Diversity. The evaluation was based on the following criteria:
- Direct recommendations: Employees were asked to give their opinions on a series of statements regarding Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Disability, LGBTQ+ & General Diversity in their current workplace. The recommendations of women, elders, and ethnic minorities were weighted higher than the non-minority groups.
- Indirect Recommendations: Participants were also given the chance to evaluate other employers in their respective industries that stand out either positively or negatively with regard to diversity. Only the recommendations of minority groups were considered.
- Diversity Among Top Executives/Board and Diversity Engagement Indicators were also part of the evaluation.
As a hospitality company, it is essential that we provide a welcoming environment for all our team members and guests. We can only succeed by allowing our different backgrounds and experiences to shape our company and our destination. We are dedicated to listening and learning from team members, guests, and community partners so we can continue to effectively foster diversity, promote equity, and create lasting change for all.
Our Commitment to Act
HE&R is committed to fostering a stronger internal culture of advocacy and inclusion to help team members share their voices and collectively effect change. We are expanding on existing initiatives and creating new programs to develop additional avenues of progress for team members from diverse heritages.
- Listening - engaging in dialogue to ensure all voices are heard.
- Learning - cultivating a deeper understanding of race and the workplace,
- Connecting - networking through our new multi-ethnic employee resource group, MERGE.
- Outreach - improving representation of Persons Of Color at all levels.
- Developing - supporting organizations dedicated to racial and social justice reform.
Join our team
We are committed to hiring diverse team members to thrive in roles across HE&R. Visit HersheyJobs.com to view open positions and apply today.