Guide To Hersheypark Camping Resort: Summer 2022
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR A SWEET CAMPGROUND STAY IN HERSHEY, PA
Hersheypark Camping Resort, a year-round camping facility in Hershey, PA, has been welcoming guests since 1963 with its 55 acres of emerald hills. With more than 300 open and shaded sites, including 50 cabins with air conditioning, heat and additional amenities; full hook-up sites with electric, water, sewer and cable; partial sites with electric, water, and cable; and no hook-up tent sites; the campground offers something for everyone.
Planning a camping getaway? We can't wait to welcome you! Here's a guide to everything you need to know to help you prepare for a sweet campground visit in The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Whether you're staying in one of our log or deluxe cabins, parking your RV at a partial or full hook-up site, or pitching a tent along the creek, you're in for a sweet camping experience at Hersheypark Camping Resort. Here are a few things to know for your arrival.
What to bring (and not to bring)
In addition to all of your camping supplies, there are a few items we'd like to remind you to bring with you and one to leave at home.
- Linens: Cabin guests are asked to please bring their own supply of linens, pillows, blankets, towels, personal items, dish soap and kitchen linens, such as dish towels and hot pads.
- Propane: While our Country Store does sell 20-pound propane tanks and offers refills on propane, we do not currently have 1-pound propane tanks in stock and recommend bringing your own if needed.
- Firewood (don't bring): Outside firewood is not permitted to be brought into the campground. Once you arrive, firewood can be purchased at our Country Store.
As you pull into the campground, remember to drive slowly. For the safety of children at play, the speed limit throughout the campground is 5 ½ mph.
Upon arrival, check in at the front desk located inside Historic Landis Barn. Check-in is after 3 p.m. for all campers, and check-out is at 11 a.m. for cabins and 1 p.m. for campsites.
We recommend downloading CampersAPP for campground information, alerts, activities, augmented reality games, a campground map and more. The login key is HPCRMoose.
Each site features a picnic table and fire ring for family cookouts and most importantly, s’mores! Additional campground amenities include free WiFi, restroom and shower facilities, self-service laundry, and a country store that sells firewood, s’mores supplies, coffee, sweet souvenirs and more.
RECREATION & ACTIVITIES
Once you're settled at your site, be sure to take advantage of our campground's on-site recreation and activities. We offer a number of recreational facilities for our campers to enjoy, including an indoor game room, multiple playgrounds, a community s'mores area, shuffleboard, basketball and volleyball courts, and more. Please note: Guests are asked to supply their own sports equipment.
On select dates this summer, the campground also offers family-friendly activities, such as Critter Connections (an educational animal program), comedy magic shows with Mr. Sneakers, animal encounters with ZooAmerica, and more. Schedules are posted online in advance for your planning purposes.
Splash At The Pools
Don't forget to pack your swimsuits and sunscreen! Our two outdoor swimming pools and kiddie pool are open daily for the summer season starting May 27 through Labor Day, weather permitting. View hours.
EXCLUSIVE HERSHEYPARK BENEFITS
If you're planning a visit to Hersheypark during your stay, be sure to take advantage of all of the perks that come with being a guest of one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark! All guests of Hersheypark Camping Resort receive the below FREE Resort Benefits:
- Extra hours at Hersheypark with Sweet Start and Preview Plan
- Sweet Start: Resort guests and Season Pass Holders enjoy 1-hour early access to select rides during the daily Summer season (available May 26 through Sept. 5, 2022).
- Preview Plan: Resort guests enjoy up to 3 extra evening hours the night before their full-day visit. Simply, present your ticket at the main entrance and enjoy a fun-filled evening.
- FREE front gate shuttle service to the all-new exclusive resort drop-off location at Hersheypark
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
Hersheypark is open for the summer season on weekends in May, with daily operations from Memorial Day through Labor Day. View hours here. Included in admission, guests can enjoy The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park open from May 28 through Sept. 5. Plus, get ready for two new Jolly Rancher attraction experiences opening on Saturday, May 28.
MORE FREE RESORT BENEFITS
Make sure to save some time in your itinerary for a visit to some other area attractions throughout Hershey. All guests of Hersheypark Camping Resort receive additional FREE Resort Benefits, including access to 2 award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club and preferred pricing to ZooAmerica, Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- ZooAmerica is open daily for guests to visit over 200 animals native to the North American region. Explore the numerous habitats of this 11-acre wildlife park and be greeted by animals such as bears, wolves, alligators, big cats, snakes, otters, and many more. Note: Entrance to ZooAmerica is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark only when entered via the Hersheypark bridge during park hours.
- Hershey Gardens is a 23-acre walk-through botanical display garden that offers 11 themed gardens, including spring tulips, more than 5,000 roses in the summer, and a Children’s Garden with chocolate-scented, named and colored flora. During your visit, be sure to check out the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory, which includes a year-round indoor tropical Butterfly Atrium featuring 600 butterflies from around the world. The atrium is one of only 25 year-round indoor tropical butterfly atriums in the U.S.
- The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, invites guests to learn all about the life and legacy of our founder Milton S. Hershey, the town he created, and the lives he touched. Additional paid experiences are also available, including the Chocolate Lab, where you can try your hand at chocolate pouring and decorating.
For more things to do in Hershey, visit HersheyPA.com.
Hershey has numerous dining options around town that are worth a visit if you're looking to expand your palate beyond campfire staples like mountain pies and s'mores. In downtown Hershey, you'll find delicious menus at Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar and Devon Seafood + Steak. Or, for some chocolate-infused delights, check out The Chocolatier – a full-service restaurant, bar and patio open year-round in Hershey's Chocolatetown at Hersheypark. The restaurant features a Fun to Table menu showcasing classic family fare with a fun spin and hints of chocolate and is now accepting reservations. Note: A Hersheypark ticket is not required.
For more information about dining offerings in Hershey, visit DiningInHershey.com.
BRING HOME A SWEET SOUVENIR
After a sweet getaway, you may want to take a piece of Hershey home with you to help you remember your visit to The Sweetest Place On Earth. So, don't forget to stop inside Country Store - Sweets & More at the campground. The store is stocked with camping supplies, s'mores kits, morning coffee and afternoon slushies for purchase during your stay. But you can also find some sweet souvenirs to take home, ranging from apparel to mugs to Christmas ornaments and more.