Get to Know Riker Lynch
Formed in 2009, R5, the hit group taking radio by storm, is made up of four siblings and a family friend: Ross, Rocky, Rydel, Riker and Ellington Ratliff. After looking at the names, it’s easy to see how the group settled on the name R5. Since the release of the group’s first album in 2013, they have won three of the eight awards for which they were nominated, while winning the hearts of teens everywhere!
On Sunday, June 28, R5 is one of the many artists taking the stage at Hersheypark Stadium for “Show Of The Summer.” Joining them on stage will also be Shawn Mendes, Fifth Harmony, Jack & Jack, Sabrina Carpenter and Jacob Whitesides. The festival kicks off at 4:00 PM, and Hershey is excited to welcome this teen festival to Chocolate Town.
We had the opportunity to talk to Riker prior to his arrival on Sunday, and he answered some questions to help us – and you – get to know him better.
Here’s what you likely already know about Riker Lynch:
- He was cast at Jeff on Fox’s television series Glee.
- In 2009, the four brothers were on So You Think You Can Dance.
- He danced his way to second place on season 20 of Dancing with the Stars.
- He is the oldest of five children.
- He has been in several movies including Sunday School Musical, Lost Angeles,City of Jerks, and more.
What you may not know about Riker Lynch:
1. As a child, what was your favorite family vacation?
Riker Lynch (RL): We didn't vacation much, but I always loved going to our grandparent’s cabin up in the mountains in Colorado. Lots of memories up there.
2. When you travel, do you prefer to fly or drive?
RL: If I could take a tour bus everywhere, I would.
3. What is one experience you try to do in each new place you visit?
RL: We all really look for whatever the local favorite food spot is. We just like to eat good food.
4. What is your favorite Hershey’s chocolate?
RL: Hershey’s Chocolate syrup, ha!
5. Would you rather spend the day getting pampered at The Chocolate Spa or riding rides at Hersheypark?
RL: Oh, for sure riding rides!
6. How do you relax when you’re on tour?
RL: We'll go get a massage sometimes, but sometimes catching a good movie is all you need.
7. What is your must have item(s) when you travel?
RL: I like bringing my favorite movies: Pirates of the Caribbean and That Thing You Do.
8. What’s your go-to food while on tour?
RL: Nothing like a pre-show banana.
9. Who or what is the inspiration for your songs?
RL: Totally depends on the song. Lots of the songs on “Sometimes Last Night” are inspired by real life experiences that one of us went through.
10. What is your favorite song to perform and why?
RL: At the moment “F.E.E.L.G.O.O.D.” is pretty jamming. I can't wait to play “Did You Have Your Fun” though.
11. Are there any pre-show rituals you do before hitting the stage?
RL: Vocal warmups, some stretching, yoga, and then right before we walk out we all huddle up and do this little chant that we've been doing since the beginning.
12. If you weren’t in a band, what would you be doing?
RL: Probably acting full time.