Cirque du Soleil Crystal Quiz
Test yourself on all things Cirque!
Cirque du Soleil Crystal is coming to Giant Center on Wednesday, August 29 to Sunday, September 2! This show explores the artistic limits of ice, and combines stunning skating and acrobatic feats that defy the imagination. To celebrate this one-of-a-kind show arriving in The Sweetest Place On Earth next week, we’ve compiled a quiz for you to take, to test yourself on some of the craziest Crystal facts!
1. Crystal is Cirque du Soleil’s ________ creation?
2. Crystal by Cirque du Soleil features 40 performers and musicians from how many countries?
a. 2 (USA & Canada only)
3. Crystal blends two discipline together?
a. Acrobatics and music
b. Gymnastics and skating
c. Acrobatics and skating
4. Crystal is Cirque du Soleil’s first ever?
a. Performance on ice
b. Performance in the air
c. Performance underwater
5. For the first time Cirque du Soleil incorporates pop songs in a show. Can you guess how many are used in Crystal?
6. An artist from Crystal can take how long to do his make-up before a show?
a. 10 minutes
b. Between 30 minutes to one hour
c. It’s permanent make-up
7. Where is the International headquarters for Cirque du Soleil?
a. Las Vegas
b. Montreal in Canada
c. London, UK
8. How many productions does Cirque du Soleil have running right now, around the world, including Crystal?
9. True or False. All costumes are custom-made and the majority are produced at the Costume workshop in the International Headquarters in Montreal, Canada.
10. Who’s the Founder of Cirque du Soleil?
b. Guy Laliberté
11. The Crystal equipment travels in?
a. 10 semi trucks
b. 14 semi trucks
c. 17 semi trucks
12. How many pairs of skates does Crystal by Cirque du Soleil travel with?
a. 20 pairs
b. 40 pairs
c. 80 pairs
Ready to see how you did? Here are the answers!
Answer 1: A
Crystal is Cirque du Soleil’s 42nd creation since its inception in 1984.
Answer 2: C
11 countries are represented in Crystal: USA & Canada but also Russia, UK, Ukraine, Ukraine, Chili, Mongolia, Australia and many more.
Answer 3: C
Answer 4: A
Answer 5: C
For the first time outside of tribute show, Cirque du Soleil has incorporated pop songs in the soundtrack of a show. The team made this choice to touch the audience with more proximity and to highlight certain key moments of the show. These songs were chosen to enhance the emotional intensity of the paintings they accompany.
Answer 6: B
The artist’s make-up contains many little steps that it can take between 30 minutes to one hour to apply and each artist does their own!
Answer 7: B
In 1984, 73 people worked for Cirque du Soleil. Today, the business has 5,000 employees worldwide, including more than 1,300 artists. At the Montréal International Headquarters alone, there are close to 2,000 employees.
Answer 8: C
Cirque du Soleil is producing 19 shows around the globe! Some are resident shows, like in Las Vegas, others are touring under the Blue-and-Yellow Big Top, and finally there are arena shows, like Crystal, performing at the H-E-B Center this February.
Answer 9: True
In 2014, the Costume workshop will produce more than 20,000 pieces. Each year, the Costume workshop artisans use more than 150 kilometres of fabrics. 80% of all fabrics are treated and dyed in-house by the artisans of the textile design team.
Answer 10: B
Guy Laliberté was one of the Founder of Cirque du Soleil in 1984. Since then, he still works as a Guide for the Montreal based company.
Answer 11: C
The technical gear travels in 17 semi trucks and it takes our crew approx.. 19 hours to load-in and less than 4-hours to load out.
Answer 12: C
Crystal by Cirque du Soleil travels with 80 pairs of skates. The tour carries two pairs per artists of either figure skating skates and hockey skates.