The Boardwalk at Hersheypark Opens This Weekend
7 Tips to Enjoy the Water Park from Memorial Day Through Labor Day
Memorial Day Weekend marks the unofficial start to summer and the opening of The Boardwalk at Hersheypark water park, an 11-acre water park that is included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark amusement park. Opening May 25, The Boardwalk at Hersheypark features 16 unique water attractions and more than one million gallons of water for guests of all ages to make a splash this summer.
In 2018, the Park debuted two new water attractions - Breakers Edge Water Coaster, the first hydromagnetic coaster at Hersheypark, and Whitecap Racer, the longest mat racing slide in the world. The Boardwalk at Hersheypark is also home to a lazy river, 378,000 gallon wave pool, multiple slides, nearly 600 interactive water toys, and much more.
If you are planning a visit to Hershyepark this summer, follow these tips to enjoy a fun-filled day at The Boardwalk at Hersheypark.
1. Pack for the water park.
On hot, summer days, The Boardwalk at Hersheypark offers the perfect respite from the heat. Even if you are unsure if you will spend any time at the water park during your visit, we recommend packing a bathing suit and beach towel just in case. It is also a good idea to pack sunscreen and apply it regularly throughout the day. If you forget any of these items at home, don't fret! Beachology has a large assortment of necessities for a day at the beach.
2. Follow the safety policies.
The best way to ensure a fun, safe visit is by adhering to our safety policies.
- Only appropriate swimwear is permitted. Revealing bathing suits, shorts with rivets, snaps, zippers, metal ornamentation, cutoffs and jeans are not permitted.
- Electronics are not allowed in the water attractions.
- All eyeglasses should be secured with safety straps.
- Aqua shoes are not permitted on the body slides. There are complimentary shoe drops available to guests.
- No metal is allowed on any water slide, so leave those items with a non-rider.
3. Grab a locker.
Lockers are available for a small daily rental fee throughout The Boardwalk at Hersheypark, and we do accept credit cards for convenience. Many guests come in their swim gear, change and then hit the rest of the Park. You could also return wet items to your car and keep riding!
4. Reserve a cabana in advance.
There's no better way to unwind after riding some coasters than lounging in a cabana. There are 29 private cabanas available at The Boardwalk at Hersheypark, but you should reserve one in advance of your visit. Cabanas accommodate up to seven guests and can be reserved up to seven days prior to your visit. Benefits include:
- All-day use of the cabana, equipped with refrigerator, table, four chairs, and two chaise lounge chairs
- Beach towel at check-in for each guest
- Beach bag and sunscreen at check-in
- Twelve complimentary water bottles per cabana
- Walk-up service to exclusive Cabana Grill, offering a grill menu, including kids' meals
- Complimentary fountain soda at the Cabana Grill
- Complimentary locker for use throughout the day next to the Beach Club Restrooms & Changing Rooms
- Exclusive ride access to the Intercoastal Waterway (lazy river)
More cabana information can be found here.
5. Come hungry.
There are plenty of food and beverage options located near or right inside The Boardwalk at Hersheypark. So, if you are looking for a bite to eat, we recommend the following:
- Chick-fil-A Food Truck
- Chickie’s & Pete’s
- Dispatch Pizzeria
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Grilled Cheese Beach Shack
- Kettle Corn
- Makin' Whoopie Pies
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs
- Pepsi Oasis
- Rita’s Italian Ice
- Shoreline Grill
- Turkey Hill Ice Cream Parlor
- Waterfront Creamery
For full menus and more on our food & beverage options, please click here.
6. Learn the lingo.
It is good practice to brush up on the lingo of the Coastline Plunge Tube Slides:
- Hydro – The orange slide
- Pipeline – The yellow slide
- Riptide – The green slide
- Surge – The teal slide
- Vortex – The blue and red bowl slide (fan favorite!)
- Whirlwind – The blue and yellow funnel slide (fan favorite!)
These slides are different from our newest attractions, so make sure to go on every color and share which one is your favorite!
7. Check the Hersheypark App.
The Boardwalk at Hersheypark operating hours range between 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. depending on the day. We recommend dowloading the Hersheypark App for hours of operation and ride wait times.
We hope you enjoy a fabulous summer at The Boardwalk at Hersheypark!