2022 Hersheypark Stadium Summer Concerts Recap
An Intern's Review Of The Hersheypark Stadium Summer Concert Series
It’s hard to believe that the summer concert season is over. Hersheypark Stadium welcomed a special group of artists to the big stage this summer, and they definitely did not disappoint!
The 2022 summer concert lineup included:
- Thomas Rhett on June 24
- Def Leppard & Motley Crue on July 12
- Pitbull on July 30
- Santana and Earth, Wind & Fire on Aug. 6
- Imagine Dragons on Aug. 12
- Zac Brown Band on Aug. 14
- Rod Stewart on Aug. 20
- Chris Stapleton on Aug. 27
- Lady Gaga on Aug. 28
- Five Finger Death Punch on Sept. 24
As an intern at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, I got the amazing opportunity to see a handful of these artists perform and also witness fans having the time of their lives. After spending seven weeks in The Sweetest Place On Earth, here are my top three takeaways from the 2022 summer concert series.
- Thomas Rhett at Hersheypark Stadium
- Def Leppard at Hersheypark Stadium
- Motley Crue at Hersheypark Stadium
- Pitbull at Hersheypark Stadium
- Santana at Hersheypark Stadium
- Imagine Dragons at Hersheypark Stadium
- Zac Brown Band at Hersheypark Stadium
- Rod Stewart at Hersheypark Stadium
- Chris Stapleton at Hersheypark Stadium
- Lady Gaga Photo Credit: Kevin Mazur
- Five Finger Death PunchHersheypark Stadium
1. Hershey Fans are the Most Dedicated I've Seen
The stadium has been filled to the brim with excited fans carrying their homemade posters, wearing custom shirts with the artists’ faces and smiling from ear to ear. Hershey fans definitely know how to dress for the occasion– whether it be cowboy hats and boots for Thomas Rhett, tuxedos and bald caps for Pitbull or feathers and sparkles for Lady Gaga. When you come to a concert at Hersheypark Stadium, be ready to be around fellow fans that know how to go all out.
2. Bring Your Friends and Family
There’s no better way to enhance the concert experience than going to see your favorite artist with a group of friends or your family members. Trust me when I say that from country to rock to pop, there’s an artist for everyone that comes to Hersheypark Stadium. My friends and I went to see Pitbull and Iggy Azalea, and we danced as if we weren’t surrounded by thousands of people.
3. You Don't Need Front Row to Have a Good Time
Every seat in Hersheypark Stadium gives you a great view of the artist and sound quality that can’t be replicated by headphones. I have been front row, in the stands and in the pit, but my seats have never hindered my ability to jump around and revel in all the songs. I have discovered a newfound appreciation for music that wouldn’t have been there otherwise. Take advantage of all of the concerts that Hershey has to offer!
If you attended one of the 2022 summer concerts, share your memories with us on social media by using the hashtag #HersheyparkStadium.
Hershey is truly a special place, and I hope everyone gets a chance to attend a concert at Hersheypark Stadium next season! In the meantime, be sure to see the shows we have at GIANT Center and Hershey Theatre in the coming months.
See the stars under the stars at Hersheypark Stadium and experience the most prominent names in the music industry as they make their stop in Central PA. Hersheypark Stadium also plays host to regional high school sports, band competitions and more.