2017 Recap from The Sweetest Place On Earth
- Choose your thrill on Hershey's Triple Tower!
- Hershey Triple Tower
- SDL original
- BBLz image
- SDL shirts
- Breakers Edge Rendering
- Whitecap Racer Rendering
- Luke Bryan
- Train will be live at Hersheypark Stadium on June 17.
- Zac Brown Band
- Outlaw-Hershey-STD-FB-1200x628 (1)
What a sweet year we had in 2017! Here's a look back at some of our big moments:
- In its 110th season, 2017 was a big year for Hersheypark! Springtime in the Park marked the opening of Hershey Triple Tower, the first choose your thrill drop towers in the United States. Read about all of the buzz here.
- sooperdooperLooper marked its 40th anniversary as an iconic looping coaster on the East Coast.
- On July 4, Hersheypark became the first permanent home of BBLz, a whimiscal mixology experience with Pepsi (winning a Best New Innovation in Food and Beverage Brass Ring award from The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions).
- In August, Hersheypark announced plans for two new family thrill attractions for The Boardwalk At Hersheypark water park in 2018 – Breakers Edge Water Coaster and Whitecap Racer. Breakers Edge Water Coaster will be the world’s first HydroMAGNETIC water coaster with flying saucer turns and the 14thcoaster at Hersheypark. Whitecap Racer will be the world’s longest mat racer.
Hershey hosted amazing concerts this year! Take a look back at these rocking times:
In March, Hershey Lodge shared plans to open a new restaurant and on May 11, Fire & Grain opened. This contemporary American restauant is located just off the main lobby of the Lodge and serves remastered comfort food and innovative cocktails. Be sure to save room for dessert. The S'mores Jar is not to be missed!
More Ways to Relax
What's better than one spa? TWO spas! In January Hershey Entertainment & Resorts announced it will add a new brand to its portfolio. On September 12, MeltSpa by Hershey day spa opened. Located in the heart of downtown Hershey, PA, MeltSpa by Hershey features exclusive Hershey's Dark Chocolate Treatments and a full menu of salon and spa services.