Your Guide to The Boardwalk at Hersheypark
The Boardwalk at Hersheypark will open for the summer season Saturday, May 27, and it promises to bring 1,137,000 gallons of fun! We have your guide on all the insider tips that will make your visit a splash!
1. What to pack:
- Beach towel
- Bathing suit
- Flip flops/sandals
2. So you know the lingo, the names of the Tube Slides are:
- Hydro – The orange slide
- Pipeline - The yellow slide
- Riptide – The green slide
- Surge – The teal slide
- Vortex – The blue and red bowl slide
- Whirlwind – The blue and yellow funnel slide
*The two “fan favorites” are Vortex and Whirlwind
3. Perfect for kids!
- East Coast Waterworks, Sandcastle Cove, Bayside Pier and Shoreline Sprayground
4. Need a place to relax? The Intercoastal Waterway, or Lazy River, allows your troubles to drift away.
5. Changing areas, dryers and lockers are all available within The Boardwalk to make your visit a little easier.
6. The Wave Pool, also called The Shore, is an awesome 378,000 gallon pool with a rolling surf that expands over 23,000 square feet.
7. Hungry? Plenty of food & beverage options are located right inside The Boardwalk:
- Chickie’s & Pete’s
- Decades, a great place to grab an Black Angus burger or grilled chicken sandwich hot off the grill
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Famous Famiglia Pizza
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs
- Pier Side Slush
- Rita’s Italian Ice
- Shoreline Grill, a perfect stop for a variety of tastes buds
- Turkey Hill Ice Cream Parlor
- Waterfront Creamery
For full menus and more on our food & beverage options, please click here: http://www.hersheypark.com/things-to-do/dining/locations.php?region%5B%5D=20
8. The best way to enjoy The Boardwalk is with a cabana! Cabanas accommodate up to seven guests and can be reserved seven days prior to your visit.
- All-day use of the cabana, equipped with refrigerator, table, four chairs, and two chaise lounge chairs
- Beach towel at check-in for each guest
- Beach bag and suntan lotion at check-in
- Twelve complimentary water bottles per cabana
- Walk-up service to exclusive Cabana Grill, offering a grill menu, including kids' meals*
- Complimentary fountain soda at the Cabana Grill
- Complimentary locker for use throughout the day next to the Beach Club Restrooms & Changing Rooms
- Exclusive ride access to the Intercoastal Waterway (lazy river)
More cabana information can be found here: http://bit.ly/1IPBRmx.
9. The Boardwalk hours of operation range between 10 AM – 6 PM and 10 AM – 8 PM depending on the day (check www.Hersheypark.com or download the Hersheypark App for hours of operation) so head there first and enjoy the dry rides in the evening. Or stay overnight at one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark and save a full day for the Boardwalk.
10. Want to join the award winning lifeguard team and enjoy the Boardwalk fun all summer long? Go to www.HersheyJobs.com to see open positions.
For more information about The Boardwalk at Hersheypark visit http://bit.ly/1IPAyUI and/or download the Hersheypark App on your cell phone.